Saltar al contenido
Pegar imágenes en el foro, mediante equipos móviles ×

Próximos lanzamientos en la Música

ponkine

stp_core-480x480.jpg

Remastered • Masses of unreleased audio • 5.1 mix on DVD

This September, Rhino are to reissue a 25th anniversary, six-disc super deluxe edition of Stone Temple Pilots 1992 debut Core.

The Grammy winning album has sold over 8 million copies in the US alone and amongst its 12-tracks are the singles Sex Type Thing, Plush and Wicked Garden.

The super deluxe edition reissue is a 4CD+DVD+LP set. It includes a newly remastered version of the original album, and a very impressive amount of unreleased material. In fact, across the three bonus CDs is more than two hours of unheard demos and unissued live performances, including the band’s performance on MTV Unplugged.

stp_core2-480x409.jpg

The record label seem to be following the format of their Fleetwood Mac super deluxe sets here and so, like it or not, you get the vinyl with your optical discs! At least this set also comes with a 5.1 Surround Sound Mix of the album along with videos for the album’s four singles. This is on a DVD, so unfortunately it won’t deliver a lossless 5.1 audio experience, as would have been the case with a blu-ray. Note: There is also 24/96 stereo mix on the DVD.

This Core anniversary set is ‘limited’ to 15,000 copies and is packaged as a 12″ x 12″ hardcover book, with the usual rare and unseen photos.

At around the £50 mark at the time of writing, this package seems like decent value, although many will resent the inclusion of the vinyl, which obviously bumps up the cost of purchase. Amazon Canada’s price of just under CA$62 is the best by far right now. That equates to around £38 although the UK/US prices may drop.

There is also a two-CD deluxe edition which pairs the remastered album on CD with the bonus disc of demos/B-sides. Both that and the super deluxe will be released on 29 September 2017.

track_listing.gif

Disc One: Original Album Remastered
1. “Dead & Bloated”
2. “Sex Type Thing”
3. “Wicked Garden”
4. “No Memory”
5. “Sin”
6. “Naked Sunday”
7. “Creep”
8. “Piece Of Pie”
9. “Plush”
10. “Wet My Bed”
11. “Crackerman”
12. “Where The River Goes”

Disc Two: Demos And B-sides
1. “Only Dying” – Demo *
2. “Wicked Garden” – Demo *
3. “Naked Sunday” – Demo *
4. “Where The River Goes” – Demo *
5. “Dead & Bloated” – Demo *
6. “Sex Type Thing” – Demo *
7. “Sin” – Demo *
8. “Creep” – Demo *
9. “Plush” – Demo *
10. “Sex Type Thing” – Swing Type Version
11. “Plush” – Acoustic Type Version
12. “Creep” – New Album Version
13. “Plush” – Acoustic from MTV Headbanger’s Ball (Take 1)

Disc Three: Live 1993
Live At Castaic Lake Natural Amphitheater (July 2, 1993)
1. “Crackerman” *
2. “Wicked Garden” *
3. “No Memory” *
4. “Sin” *
5. “Plush” *
6. “Where The River Goes” *
7. “Sex Type Thing” *
8. “Wet My Bed” *
9. “Naked Sunday” *

Live At The Reading Festival (August 27, 1993)
10. “Wicked Garden”
11. “No Memory” *
12. “Sin”
13. “Lounge Fly” *
14. “Dead & Bloated”
15. “Sex Type Thing”
16. “Naked Sunday”*

Disc Four: MTV Unplugged (November 17, 1993)
1. “Crackerman”
2. “Creep” *
3. “Andy Warhol”
4. “Plush” *
5. “Big Empty” *
6. “Wicked Garden” *
7. “Sex Type Thing” *

Disc Five: (DVD) Original Album 5.1 Mix, 24/96 Stereo Audio, And Music Videos

Disc Six: Original Album on vinyl LP

* Previously Unreleased

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

On 1/8/2017 at 22:04, ponkine dijo:

Pucha que bueno que te gustó compa

Lo que es yo, decepción mayúscula. 

Recuerdo cuando escuché el Raven y uffff me voló la cabeza. Quedé loco! Era otra cosa

Y ahora traté y traté de darle vueltas al "To The Bone" pero no hay caso

:(

he escuchado ya como 4 veces el disco en el compu de la pega...y me gusta. No quiero sentarme a escucharlo aun con detalle, ya que esa experiencia quiero tener escuchando el vinilo cuando me llegue....no quiero tener mi primera impresiòn escuchando en mp3 jaja...pero a priori, me agrada esa especie de pop que impregna el album, la primera parte sobretodo....la segunda parte, en especial los últimos temas vienen a ser un poco más prog...claramente no tiene el peso de los dos ultimos discos, pero la gracia y el desafio de SW (que siempre ha confesaso su amor a propuestas como ABBA) es no quedarse pegado en el nicho prog y explorar otras sonoridades...quizás en su próximo disco vuelva a ser prog puro, pero no es para nada un mal album creo. no habia cachado que cambiò a gran parte de la banda, peleándose de hecho con el guitarrista y batero por un tema de créditos no mencionados en las autorías, quedando sólo con el bajista albino que acá no luce tanto...

Enlace al comentario

Ya cabros!

Pa que se dejen de escuchar leseras fifi de Deutsche Grammophon y rockeen de verdad! 

http://www.elusivedisc.com/The-Scorpions-Best-of-Scorpions-Numbered-Limited-Edition-Hybrid-Stereo-SACD/productinfo/AFSA266/

AFSA266-Large.jpg

Coming September 8, 2017 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately! 

Numbered, Limited Edition Hybrid SACD!

"A solid overview of their early material before they broke the mainstream."

Best of Scorpions is a compilation album that contains the best tracks of the band's 1970s material. A sound collection of songs from their albums between Fly To The Rainbow and Taken by Force.

What you hear on Best of Scorpions is a band polishing their sound. The songs are rawer and heavier overall with a large emphasis on Uli John Roth's Hendrix-like lead work. Roth's "Hell Cat" sounds like one of the heavier tunes off of Electric Ladyland. Klaus Meine's lead vocals were very powerful and Rudolf Schenker's gift of writing memorable melodic riffs show their fruition here. Roth left the Scorpions in 1979 which is where this compilation ends.

Every track is very solid... "Pictured Life," "Backstage Queen" and "Steamrock Fever" are excellent arena anthems. "Virgin Killer" and "Dark Lady" are furious rockers featuring menacing riffs and Roth's wild lead work. "Robot Man" and "Speedy's Coming" have great riffs. There’s the humorous "He's A Woman, She's A Man" and "In Trance" is an excellent power ballad and one of the band's defining tracks. Finally, the brilliant "The Sails of Charon" which is widely considered one of the great early epics of heavy metal history.

This Audio Fidelity edition features the original LP cover art. The image of a scorpion stinging a naked girl's hip has not been available in the US since the 1979 vinyl jacket was changed in 1984. 

Features:
• Numbered, Limited Edition
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!

Selections:
1. Steamrock Fever
2. Pictured Life
3. Robot Man
4. Backstage Queen
5. Speedy's Coming
6. Hell Cat
7. He's A Woman, She's A Man
8. In Trance
9. Dark Lady
10. The Sails of Charon
11. Virgin Killer
Enlace al comentario

• 2 weeks later...

DISCAZO

Whitesnake’s Classic “1987” Album Gets Super Deluxe Edition for 30th Anniversary

4CD/DVD Collection Includes A Newly Remastered Version Of The Original Album, Plus Unreleased Live and Studio Recordings, Music Videos, And Documentary; Several Versions Will Be Available On October 6 From Parlophone

WhitesnakeCoverPhoto.jpg

New Whitesnake Deal With Rhino Entertainment Puts Significant Catalogue

With Warner Music Group Worldwide For The First Time

Whitesnake had already released a string of Top 10 albums in the UK, Europe & Japan before the band conquered the entire world with its “1987” record, which was certified multi-platinum and featured the smash single “Here I Go Again.” The classic album turns 30 this year and Parlophone is celebrating with four new versions, including an expansive boxed set.

WHITESNAKE “1987”: SUPER DELUXE EDITION will be available on October 6. The 4-CD/DVD collection includes the original album with newly remastered sound, unreleased live and studio recordings, classic music videos, concert footage, a 30 minute documentary, featuring a new interview with David Coverdale, Whitesnake’s founder and lead singer. The music comes in a 60-page hardbound book that’s filled with rare and unseen photos from the era, an extended essay based on new interviews with Coverdale, plus a booklet of the album’s lyrics, handwritten by Coverdale. The audio will also be available via digital download and streaming services.

Three other versions of WHITESNAKE “1987” will also be available the same day. A Deluxe Edition will be available in both 2-CD and 2-LP versions, each including the newly remastered album expanded with a selection of unreleased bonus recordings. A single-disc version of the newly remastered album will also be available.

This also marks the first release under a newly signed catalogue deal with Whitesnake and Rhino Entertainment, the catalogue division of Warner Music Group. This new deal includes both the North American and Japanese rights, marking the first time a substantial amount of the Whitesnake catalogue will reside under Warner Music Group worldwide.

“It gives me great joy to finally have so much of my Whitesnake catalogue all under the same roof with the Warner family and I’m thrilled to be now working with this tremendous team on a worldwide basis,” says Coverdale. “I have great memories of being with Warner back in my days with Deep Purple, then when I was with Geffen, when they were distributed by Warner, so it feels like coming home to now have Whitesnake there. This elaborate reissue is the perfect project to kick off the new relationship.”

“Whitesnake is one of the all-time great rock ‘n’ roll bands, with David being an absolute icon as a vocalist and front man,” says Rhino President Mark Pinkus. “We are absolutely thrilled to now have so much of the Whitesnake catalogue with Warner on a global basis and are excited for the fans to see what great releases we have planned for the coming years.”

Soon after its release in April 1987, WHITESNAKE “1987” became a huge success around the world, selling more than multi million copies. It peaked at #2 on the Billboard album chart and spawned four popular singles: “Still Of The Night,” “Give Me All Your Love,” “Is This Love” (which reached #2) and the #1 hit “Here I Go Again.”

WHITESNAKE “1987”: SUPER DELUXE EDITION comes with an entire disc of unreleased live performances featuring Adrian Vandenberg, Vivian Campbell & Tommy Aldridge recorded during the band’s 1987-88 tour. The music includes live versions of several tracks from “1987”, plus Whitesnake classics “Slide It In,” “Love Ain’t No Stranger,” and “Slow An’ Easy.”

An additional disc spotlights the creative process behind WHITESNAKE “1987” with a selection of 11 unreleased demo and rehearsal recordings, including early versions of nearly every song on the album called 87 Evolutions. The final disc introduces newly remixed versions the album’s four singles, and includes rare radio mixes, as well as songs from 87 Versions, an EP released exclusively in Japan.

The DVD from WHITESNAKE “1987”: SUPER DELUXE EDITION includes music videos for the four singles, all of which have been carefully restored and remixed in 5.1 Surround Sound for the first time ever. In addition, the DVD also features a new 30 minute documentary about the making of WHITESNAKE “1987”, a new promo video made especially for this set of the 1988 version of “Here I Go Again” and unreleased live footage from the 1987-88 tour.

Pre-order links (USA Preorder pending Amazon updates):

Deluxe: https://Rhino.lnk.to/WhitesnakeBOX
Vinyl: https://Rhino.lnk.to/Whitesnake2LP
2CD: https://Rhino.lnk.to/Whitesnake2CD

WHITESNAKE “1987”: SUPER DELUXE EDITION

4CD/DVD Track Listing

Disc One: Original Album 2017 Remaster

1. “Still Of The Night”
  2. “Give Me All Your Love”
  3. “Bad Boys”
  4. “Is This Love”
  5. “Here I Go Again 87”
  6. “Straight For The Heart”
  7. “Looking For Love”
  8. “Children Of The Night”
  9. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again”
  10. “Crying In The Rain”
  11. “Don’t Turn Away”

Disc Two: Snakeskin Boots [Live On Tour 1987-88]

1. “Bad Boys/Children Of The Night” *
  2. “Slide It In” *
  3. “Slow An’ Easy” *
  4. “Here I Go Again” *
  5. “Guilty Of Love” *
  6. “Is This Love” *
  7. “Love Ain’t No Stranger” *
  8. Guitar Solo – Adrian and Vivian *
  9. “Crying In The Rain” *
  10. “Still Of The Night” *
  11. “Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City” *
  12. “Give Me All Your Love” *

Disc Three: 87 Evolutions [Demos and Rehearsals]

1. “Still Of The Night” *
  2. “Give Me All Your Love” *
  3. “Bad Boys” *
  4. “Is This Love” *
  5. “Straight For the Heart” *
  6. “Looking For Love” *
  7. “Children Of The Night” *
  8. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again” *
  10. “Don’t Turn Away” *
  11. “Crying In The Rain” (Lil’ Mountain Alternate Take Ruff Mix) *

Disc Four: 87 Versions [2017 Remixes]

1. “Still Of The Night” – Remix *
  2. “Is This Love” – Remix *
  3. “Give Me All Your Love” – Remix *
  4. “Here I Go Again 87” – Remix *
  5. “Standing In The Shadows” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
  6. “Looking For Love” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
  7. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
  8. “Need Your Love So Bad” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album
  9. “Here I Go Again” – Radio Mix
  10. “Give Me All Your Love” – Single Version

DVD

1. “Still Of The Night” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
  2. “Here I Go Again 87” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
  3. “Is This Love” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
  4. “Give Me All Your Love” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1
  5. Documentary about the making of 1987 Album *
  6. “Here I Go Again” – Purplesnake Video Jam *
  7. “Crying In The Rain” – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *
  8. Band Intros – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *
  9. “Still Of The Night” – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *

WHITESNAKE “1987”: 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION

2LP Track Listing

Side One

1. “Still Of The Night”
  2. “Bad Boys”
  3. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again”
  4. “Straight For The Heart”
  5. “Here I Go Again 87”

Side Two

1. “Give Me All Your Love”
  2. “Is This Love”
  3. “Children Of The Night”
  4. “Crying In The Rain”
  5. “Don’t Turn Away”

Side Three

1. “Still Of The Night” – 2017 Remix *
  2. “Is This Love” – 2017 Remix *
  3. “Give Me All Your Love” – 2017 Remix *
  4. “Here I Go Again 87” – 2017 Remix *
  5. “Looking For Love”

Side Four

1. “Bad Boys/Children of the Night” – Live *
  2. “Here I Go Again” – Live *
  3. “Is This Love “ – Live *
  4. “Give Me All Your Love” – Live *
  5. “Still of the Night” – Live *

WHITESNAKE “1987”: 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION

2CD Track Listing

Disc One: Original Album 2017 Remaster

1. “Still Of The Night”
  2. “Give Me All Your Love”
  3. “Bad Boys”
  4. “Is This Love”
  5. “Here I Go Again 87”
  6. “Straight For The Heart”
  7. “Looking For Love”
  8. “Children Of The Night”
  9. “You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again”
  10. “Crying In The Rain”
  11. “Don’t Turn Away”

Disc Two: Snakeskin Boots [Live On Tour 1987-88]

1. “Bad Boys/Children Of The Night” *
  2. “Slide It In” *
  3. “Slow An’ Easy” *
  4. “Here I Go Again” *
  5. “Guilty Of Love” *
  6. “Is This Love” *
  7. “Love Ain’t No Stranger” *
  8. Guitar Solo – Adrian and Vivian *
  10. “Still Of The Night” *
  11. “Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City” *
  12. “Give Me All Your Love” *

* Previously unreleased

Editado por Janowar
Enlace al comentario

Al último de SW también lo veo disponible en flac vía torrent donde nuestros amigos rusos.

Ahora si que armo mi opinión definitiva. Con la filtración en mp3 que había escuchado no se vale.

Principal: SMSL M8 + Rega Elex-R + Proac Studio 118

Audífonos principal: Audio GD r2r 11 + Hifiman HE-400i / Hifiman HE-350 / Grado Sr80e

Portátil: Fuentes: Xduoo x3 / Shanling M0 - IEM Dunu DK 2002 / CCA C12 / JVC HA-FXT90 / Yamaha EPH-100

Enlace al comentario

Al último de SW también lo veo disponible en flac vía torrent donde nuestros amigos rusos.

Ahora si que armo mi opinión definitiva. Con la filtración en mp3 que había escuchado no se vale.

Ahora lo bajo sin cargo de conciencia ya que el vinilo viene en camino desde Amazon UK

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Enlace al comentario

• 3 weeks later...

Ya cabros! a romper el chanchito

Sailors’ Tales (1970 - 1972)

27 Disc Boxed Set Pre-order

With much of the material from In The Wake Of Poseidon, Lizard and Islands now being performed by the current King Crimson line-up, it is only in recent years that the wider world has begun to realise what fans have always known: this era’s recordings are as vital as any other segment of the King Crimson catalogue. Recorded between the dazzling impact of In The Court Of The Crimson in 1969 and the startling reinvention of the band in 1973’s Larks’ Tongues In Aspic, this boxed set documents a crucial period in King Crimson’s history and shows it to be brimming with innovation, experimentation, and boundary-pushing energy. With a wealth of previously unheard studio recordings from band rehearsals to full alternate mixes and a vast array of live material, much of it on CD/Blu-Ray for the first time and including four recently found, never before released concerts, this set presents the complete King Crimson recorded history of the period in the best quality audio possible.

Release date November 3rd 2017

Pre-order Inner Knot (USA) 
http://shop.schizoidshop.com/king-crimson---sailors-tales-1…
& Burning Shed (UK & Europe) 
https://burningshed.com/king-crimson_sailors-tales_boxset

A full tracklisting for the discs will be available soon but in the meantime here’s a summary of what Sailors’ Tale (1970 - 1972) will include.

21 CDs of studio & live material from 1970/2, 4 BD discs of studio/live material (audio), 2 DVDs of live material (audio), 
12” box with booklet & memorabilia, bonus downloadable concert

The complete 1970-72 King Crimson boxed set: 21CDS/4Blu-Rays/2DVD – all audio.
3CDs feature Steven Wilson & Robert Fripp stereo mixes of In The Wake Of Poseidon (1970), Lizard (1970) & Islands (1971) + additional tracks.
6CDs feature the Islands line-ups early concerts from Germany (new to CD) & the UK (1971).
9CDs feature live recordings (several new to CD and/or previously unreleased in any format) from the 1972 US tour, including a new stereo mix of Summit Studios & an expanded Earthbound.
3CDs feature auditions for the Islands band & two further, as yet, unidentified concerts from 1972 (all previously unreleased)
3 Blu-Ray discs contain the main studio albums in 5.1 Surround Sound & recent stereo editions mixed by Steven Wilson & Robert Fripp + 30th anniversary masters of the original stereo albums mixes (all in 24/96 hi-res), plus extensive additional material with each disc also featuring a complete alternate album + a further selection of additional, related studio/live material in hi-res.
Lizard Blu-Ray: also contains the audition material from CDs19/20

Islands Blu-Ray: also contains the following concerts in stereo Zoom Club (4 shows), Marquee Club, Plymouth, Glasgow, Detroit all from 1971.
Earthbound Tour: Blu-Ray features an expanded version of the original album, Summit Studios gig in Stereo & Quadraphonic (newly mixed), the Schizoid Men sequence from the Ladies of the Road album, 2 newly discovered concerts in hi-res stereo & every existing soundboard concert recording from the 1972 US tour: Wilmington, NYC (2 shows), Chicago (2 tracks only), Detroit, Jacksonville, Orlando, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Peoria, Indianapolis & Denver (2 shows).
2 DVDs feature the expanded Earthbound, Summit Studios, Schizoid Men, New York 1972 & the recently discovered live concerts.
12” box with booklet, memorabilia, a further downloadable concert, new sleeve-notes by Sid Smith, Jakko Jakszyk & David Singleton

21314527_10156592381787519_3121563510635

Editado por ponkine
Enlace al comentario

Earthbound expanded

New 2-disc edition

The famous, some would say infamous, King Crimson live album, originally released in 1972 after the break-up of the Islands-era line-up, has been expanded to a CD/DVD edition.

The album will be released on November 3rd and is available for pre-order from Inner Knot (USA) 
http://shop.schizoidshop.com/king-crimson---earthbound--40t…
and 
Burning Shed (UK & Europe)
https://burningshed.com/king-crimson_earthbound_cd-dvd

Earthbound was one of the earliest (if not the first) “official bootleg” released by a major rock band, consisting of a series of deliberately lo-fi live recordings of King Crimson’s Islands ear line-up on tour in the USA.

When issued, because of its mid-price it was excluded from the main album charts in the UK but topped the mid-price charts rubbing shoulders with Jim Reeves & Mantovani.

Atlantic in the USA didn’t even bother to release it. By then, the band had broken up & the label had already been alerted to the likelihood of a new King Crimson Line-up promised for later in the year.

Like the later live album, USA, Earthbound remained unavailable in the early CD era, with both finally being released in 2002 on CD. Ironically this non-availability only served to enhance interest in the album & DGM’s own live releases made fans aware that there was a larger story to be told of this line-up’s history.

When Robert Fripp was asked to guest on the second Grinderman project, Nick Cave noted: “I wanted to work with Robert Fripp because he has done some of the most uniquely unsettling guitar work I have ever heard along with some of the most delicate and finessed” explained Cave. “I grew up listening to a lot of the King Crimson stuff. The vinyl copy of the phenomenal live album Earthbound, is one of my most treasured possessions.”

A full track listing will be available later.

Earthbound – is the twelfth release in the acclaimed King Crimson 40th anniversary series. 
The album has been expanded ON CD & DVD
CD features an expanded 12 track version of the original 5 track album.
DVD features the 12 track expanded album in 24/96 hi-res stereo audio.
DVD also features the Summit Studios performance in a new stereo mix & in quadraphonic.
This is the only surviving multi-track performance from the 1972 tour.
DVD features the album length “Schizoid Men” sequence of edits of 21st Century Schizoid Men taken from the Ladies of The Road live album
A transfer of the original vinyl album completes the audio selections.
Presented as a 2 x digi-pack format in a slipcase with new sleeve notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith along with rare photos & archive material.

La imagen puede contener: noche y texto
Enlace al comentario

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/metallica-master-of-puppets-reissue/#more-133845

Metallica / Master of Puppets: 15-disc super deluxe edition box set

Massive 15-disc super deluxe • Over 150 audio tracks • Reasonable value

Metallica will put out one of the most comprehensive box sets of any album EVER in November, when they reissue their third album, Master Of Puppets, as a 15-disc super deluxe edition.

This top-of-the-range package includes no less than 10 CDs, two DVDs, three vinyl records (with download cards), one cassette, a hardcover book, a folder with handwritten lyrics and a lithograph. Oh, and you get six badges…

If we start with the vinyl… you get the newly remastered album on a single 180g vinyl record alongside a 2LP vinyl set of Live at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago from 1986. The latter is 140g.

Of the ten CDs…one is obviously the remastered album. This box also delivers three CDs of rough mixes, riffs, demos and outtakes. That’s 50 tracks worth – remember Master Of Puppets is just an eight-track album! There is a further four CDs of previously unreleased soundboard live recordings (all from late ’86 / early ’87) one of which includes Jason Newsted’s audition (after bass player Cliff Burton was tragically killed in a bus accident on the promotional tour for Master Of Puppets). The last two CDs contain interviews with the band, many of which feature Cliff.

The cassette tape carries unique content, in this case a fan recording of Live at Solnahallen in Stockholm from 26 September 1986. There is a download code provided for this.

The two DVDs deliver tons of video of live performance and some interviews for good measure and the hardcover book is 108-pages with rare and the usual never-before-seen photos and essays. The lyric folder is quite nice too, as you will see if you watch the video above.

The only other box set that comes to mind, that is based on one single album and rivals this in terms of scale, is U2‘s 2012 ‘uber’ deluxe of Achtung Baby. That was also 15 discs and mixed CD, DVD and vinyl. The presentation of that set was quite complicated and arguable rather convoluted, and crucially it was close to double the price of this Metallica box since it retailed at £260+. At the moment you can pre-order the Master Of Puppets box set for £138 in the UK which although by no means cheap, seems decent value for the amount of content being delivered. Amazon Canada has the very cheapest price of $171 CA – which equates to about £104 – although for those of us in Europe, shipping and import duty would cancel that out.

You can opt for the three-CD edition. The two bonus discs on that set cherry-pick demos, interviews and live material from the bigger box and comes with a 28-page booklet. Also, single LP and CD remasters are being made available.

Master Of Puppets will be reissued on 10 November 2017.

track_listing.gif

mastersbox3-300x276.jpg

Master of Puppets / super deluxe edition box set

VINYL: MASTER OF PUPPETS (REMASTERED) (180g)
Includes Digital Download (MP3) Card

SIDE ONE

1. Battery (Remastered) (5:12)
  2. Master of Puppets (Remastered) (8:35)
  3. The Thing That Should Not Be (Remastered) (6:36)
  4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Remastered) (6:27)

SIDE TWO

1. Disposable Heroes (Remastered) (8:16)
  2. Leper Messiah (Remastered) (5:40)
  3. Orion (Remastered) (8:27)
  4. Damage, Inc. (Remastered) (5:32)

VINYL: LIVE AT THE ARAGON BALLROOM, CHICAGO, IL – MAY 25TH, 1986 (2 LP) (140g)
Previously Unreleased Soundboard Recording

DISC ONE / SIDE ONE

1. Battery (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (3:54)
    *Note: Someone didn’t hit record until after we started playing.
  2. Master of Puppets (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (8:18)
  3. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (4:22)

DISC ONE / SIDE TWO

1. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (7:12)
  2. The Thing That Should Not Be (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (6:15)
  3. (Anesthesia) – Pulling Teeth (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (2:57)
  4. Damage, Inc. (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (4:14)

DISC TWO / SIDE THREE

1. Fade to Black (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (7:01)
  2. Seek & Destroy (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (7:22)
  3. Creeping Death (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (6:20)

DISC TWO / SIDE FOUR

1. The Four Horsemen (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (5:23)
  2. Guitar Solo (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (3:12)
  3. Am I Evil? (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (3:42)
  4. Whiplash (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (4:44)

CD: MASTER OF PUPPETS (REMASTERED)

5. Disposable Heroes (Remastered) (8:16)
  6. Leper Messiah (Remastered) (5:40)
  7. Orion (Remastered) (8:27)
  8. Damage, Inc. (Remastered) (5:32)

CD: METALLICA INTERVIEWS
Previously Unreleased

DISC ONE

1. Metal Forces Magazine Interview with Lars (40:57)
  2. Interview with Cliff (18:34)
  3. Metal Madness Magazine Interview with Cliff (19:30)

DISC TWO

1. WYSP Philadelphia “Metal Shop” Radio Interview with Lars & James (14:07)
  2. Sounds Magazine Interview with Kirk, Cliff & Lars (50:41)
  3. Swedish Radio “Rockbox” Interview with Lars (5:53)
  4. Swedish Radio “Rockbox” Interview with Lars & Jason (4:11)

CD: ROUGH MIXES FROM THE VAULT
Previously Unreleased

1. Battery (October 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (5:11)
  2. Master of Puppets (November 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (8:44)
  3. The Thing That Should Not Be (December 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (6:21)
  4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (November 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (6:29)
  5. Disposable Heroes (November 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (8:26)
  6. Leper Messiah (December 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (5:45)
  7. Orion (November 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (8:21)
  8. Damage, Inc. (October 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (4:14)
  9. The Money Will Roll Right In (Work in Progress Rough Mix) (2:57)
  10. The Prince (Work in Progress Rough Mix) (4:46)

CD: RIFFS, DEMOS & OUTTAKES FROM LARS’ & JAMES’ VAULTS
Previously Unreleased

DISC ONE

1. Battery (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (0:16)
  2. Battery (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes II) (1:07)
  3. Master of Puppets (1985, from Kirk’s Riff Tapes) (0:37)
  4. Master of Puppets (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (1:40)
  5. Master of Puppets (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes II) (0:29)
  6. The Thing That Should Not Be (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (0:35)
  7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (2:07)
  8. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes II) (1:58)
  9. Disposable Heroes (1985, from Kirk’s Riff Tapes) (1:27)
  10. Disposable Heroes (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (0:32)
  11. Leper Messiah (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (0:53)
  12. Leper Messiah (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes II) (0:54)
  13. Orion (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (1:15)
  14. Damage, Inc. (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (1:54)
  15. Disposable Heroes (May 1985, Writing in Progress) (4:11)
  16. Battery (May 1985, Writing in Progress) (6:26)
  17. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (May 1985, Writing in Progress) (6:16)
  18. Disposable Heroes (May 1985, Writing in Progress II) (5:40)
  19. Battery (Early June 1985 Demo) (4:41)
  20. Disposable Heroes (Early June 1985 Demo) (8:38)
  21. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Early June 1985 Demo) (5:05)
  22. Master of Puppets (Mid-June 1985, Writing in Progress) (1:31)
  23. Master of Puppets (Mid-June 1985, Writing in Progress II) (12:08)
  24. Master of Puppets (Mid-June 1985 Demo) (8:44)

DISC TWO

1. Disposable Heroes (Late June 1985 Demo) (8:59)
  2. Battery (Late June 1985 Demo) (4:42)
  3. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Late June 1985 Demo) (9:00)
  4. Master of Puppets (Late June 1985 Demo) (8:19)
  5. Damage, Inc. (Late August 1985, Writing in Progress) (2:40)
  6. Leper Messiah (Late August 1985 Demo) (5:34)
  7. Damage, Inc. (Late August 1985 Demo) (4:35)
  8. Leper Messiah (Late August 1985 Demo II) (5:55)
  9. Orion (September 1985 Drum Room Demo) (8:17)
  10. The Thing That Should Not Be (September 1985, Writing in Progress) (4:18)
  11. The Thing That Should Not Be (September 1985 Drum Room Demo) (6:21)
  12. The Money Will Roll Right In (September 1985 Drum Room Jam) (2:50)
  13. The Prince (September 1985 Drum Room Jam) (4:58)
  14. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Late 1985 Guitar Solo Outtakes) (1:23)
  15. Orion (Late 1985 Guitar Solo Outtakes) (0:54)
  16. Orion (Late 1985, Kirk & Lars in the Control Room) (1:02)

CD: LIVE AT THE MEADOWLANDS, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ – APRIL 21ST, 1986

1. The Ecstasy of Gold (1:35)
  2. Battery (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (4:40)
  3. Master of Puppets (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (8:42)
  4. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (4:24)
  5. Ride The Lightning (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (6:33)
  6. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986 (5:41)
    *Note: The tape ran out before we finished the song.
  7. Seek & Destroy (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (3:50)
    *Note: The recording didn’t begin until we were halfway through the song.
  8. Creeping Death (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (6:47)
  9. Am I Evil? (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (4:13)
  10. Damage, Inc. (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (5:05)

CD: LIVE AT HAMPTON COLISEUM, HAMPTON, VA – AUGUST 3RD, 1986

1. Battery (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (4:26)
  2. Master of Puppets (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (7:59)
  3. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (5:10)
  4. Bass Solo (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (0:59)
  5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (9:26)
  6. Seek & Destroy (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (7:50)
  7. Creeping Death (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (8:20)
  8. Am I Evil? (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (3:46)
  9. Damage, Inc. (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (5:56)

CD: JASON’S AUDITION & LIVE AT THE COUNTRY CLUB, RESEDA, CA – NOVEMBER 8TH, 1986
Previously Unreleased Soundboard Recordings

1. Master of Puppets (Jason’s First Audition) (7:36)
  2. Battery (Jason’s First Audition) (4:13)
  3. Seek & Destroy (Jason’s Second Audition) (6:11)
  4. Creeping Death (Jason’s Second Audition) (5:38)
  5. Fight Fire With Fire (Jason’s Second Audition) (4:03)
  6. Master of Puppets (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (7:51)
  7. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (4:50)
  8. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (6:04)
  9. Ride The Lightning (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (6:21)
  10. Guitar Solo (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (2:30)
  11. Whiplash (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (4:08)
  12. Seek & Destroy (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (6:34)
  13. The Four Horsemen (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (5:03)
  14. Am I Evil? (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (3:45)
  15. Damage, Inc. (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (4:39)

CD: LIVE AT GRUGAHALLE, ESSEN, WEST GERMANY – JANUARY 25TH, 1987

1. Master of Puppets (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (4:46)
    *Note: Someone didn’t hit record until we were halfway through the song
  2. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (4:30)
  3. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (5:49)
  4. Ride The Lightning (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (6:25)
  5. Bass Solo (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (5:06)
  6. Whiplash (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (4:00)
  7. The Thing That Should Not Be (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (5:42)
  8. Creeping Death (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (7:42)
  9. The Four Horsemen (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (4:59)
  10. Guitar Solo (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (2:47)
  11. Am I Evil? (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (3:41)
  12. Damage, Inc. (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (5:10)
  13. Blitzkrieg (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (4:25)

CASSETTE: LIVE AT SOLNAHALLEN, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN – SEPTEMBER 26TH, 1986
Fan Recording

SIDE A

1. The Ecstasy of Gold (1:42)
  2. Battery (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (4:27)
  3. Master of Puppets (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (7:40)
  4. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (4:20)
  5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (5:52)
  6. Ride The Lightning (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (6:12)
  7. (Anesthesia) – Pulling Teeth (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (5:11)
  8. Whiplash (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (3:45)
  9. The Thing That Should Not Be (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (5:58)

SIDE B

1. Fade To Black (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (6:43)
  2. Seek & Destroy (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (6:48)
  3. Creeping Death (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (7:00)
  4. The Four Horsemen (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (4:47)
  5. Guitar Solo (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (1:06)
  6. Am I Evil? (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (3:35)
  7. Damage, Inc. (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (4:36)
  8. Blitzkrieg (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (4:05)
  9. Fight Fire With Fire (Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden – September 26th, 1986) (4:41)
    *Note: This song was taken from another audience recording of the same gig unearthed in Lars’ vault.

DVD: LIVE & INTERVIEW DVDS

DVD ONE

LIVE AT JOE LOUIS ARENA, DETROIT, MI – APRIL 4TH, 1986
Previously Unreleased except “Creeping Death,” “Am I Evil?” and “Damage, Inc.”

1. Master of Puppets (Live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI – April 4th, 1986) (5:57)
    *Note: Filming didn’t begin until after we started playing.
  2. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI – April 4th, 1986) (4:08)
  3. Ride The Lightning (Live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI – April 4th, 1986) (7:05)
  4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI – April 4th, 1986) (10:28)
  5. Seek & Destroy (Live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI – April 4th, 1986) (6:51)
  6. Creeping Death (Live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI – April 4th, 1986) (7:59)
  7. Am I Evil? (Live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI – April 4th, 1986) (3:56)
  8. Damage, Inc. (Live at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI – April 4th, 1986) (5:36)

LIVE AT ROSKILDE FESTIVAL, FESTIVALPLADSEN, ROSKILDE, DENMARK – JULY 6TH, 1986
Previously Unreleased except “(Anesthesia) – Pulling Teeth” & “Welcome Home (Sanitarium)”

1. The Ecstasy of Gold (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (1:43)
  2. Battery (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (4:37)
  3. Master of Puppets (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (8:24)
  4. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (4:12)
  5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (6:20)
  6. (Anesthesia) – Pulling Teeth (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (3:25)
  7. The Four Horsemen (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (4:59)
  8. Fade To Black (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (7:25)
  9. Seek & Destroy (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (3:12)
  10. Creeping Death (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (6:07)
    *Note: Filming stopped during the encore break.
  11. Am I Evil? (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (2:09)
    *Note: Filming didn’t begin until after we started playing.
  12. Damage, Inc. (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (5:26)
  13. Whiplash (Live at Roskilde Festival, Festivalpladsen, Roskilde, Denmark – July 6th, 1986) (4:07)
    *Note: Filming cuts during the guitar solo.

MTV HEAVY METAL MANIA
Excerpts Previously Available on Cliff ‘Em All, All Other Footage Previously Unreleased

1. Part I (19:03)
  2. Part II (14:16)
  3. Part III (18:16)

DVD TWO

LIVE AT AICHI KINRO KAIKAN, NAGOYA, JAPAN – NOVEMBER 17TH, 1986
Previously Unreleased

1. Battery (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (4:32)
  2. Master of Puppets (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (8:10)
  3. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (4:18)
  4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (5:58)
  5. Ride The Lightning (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (6:20)
  6. Bass Solo (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (3:30)
  7. Whiplash (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (3:57)
  8. The Thing That Should Not Be (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (6:18)
  9. Fade To Black (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (7:17)
  10. Seek & Destroy (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (6:02)
  11. Creeping Death (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (8:14)
  12. The Four Horsemen (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (4:31)
  13. Guitar Solo (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (4:09)
  14. Am I Evil? (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (3:48)
  15. Damage, Inc. (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (5:06)
  16. Fight Fire With Fire (Live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan – November 17th, 1986) (6:05)

MASA ITO INTERVIEW
Previously Unreleased

1. Excerpt from “Music Tomato World” (8:13)

MTV NEWS INTERVIEWS
Previously Unreleased

1. James & Kirk (8:34)
  2. Lars & Jason – Part 1 (17:09)
  3. Lars & Jason – Part 2 (14:15)

masterofpuppets-300x300.jpg

Master of Puppets – 3CD reissue

Disc: 1
5. Disposable Heroes (Remastered) (8:16)
6. Leper Messiah (Remastered) (5:40)
7. Orion (Remastered) (8:27)
8. Damage, Inc. (Remastered) (5:32)

Disc: 2
1. Battery (Early June 1985 Demo) (4:42)
2. Master of Puppets (Late June 1985 Demo) (8:21)
3. The Thing That Should Not Be (September 1985 Drum Room Demo) (6:22)
4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Late June 1985 Demo) (9:02)
5. Disposable Heroes (May 1985, Writing in Progress II) (5:42)
6. Leper Messiah (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes II) (0:56)
7. Orion (November 1985, Work in Progress Rough Mix) (8:23)
8. Damage, Inc. (1985, from James’ Riff Tapes) (1:55)
9. The Money Will Roll Right In (Work in Progress Rough Mix) (2:58)
10. The Prince (Work in Progress Rough Mix) (4:50)
11. Metal Madness Magazine Interview with Cliff (19:30)

Disc: 3
1. Battery (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (4:40)
2. Master of Puppets (Live at The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, NJ – April 21st, 1986) (8:25)
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (5:15)
4. Ride The Lightning (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (6:16)
5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (6:00)
6. The Thing That Should Not Be (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (6:16)
7. (Anesthesia) – Pulling Teeth (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL
8. Damage, Inc. (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (4:07)
9. Fade To Black (Fan Recording – Live at Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden
10. Seek & Destroy (Live at The Country Club, Reseda, CA – November 8th, 1986) (6:18)
11. Creeping Death (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (6:03)
12. The Four Horsemen (Live at Grugahalle, Essen, West Germany – January 25th, 1987) (5:01)
13. Am I Evil? (Live at Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA – August 3rd, 1986) (3:38)
14. Whiplash (Live at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL – May 25th, 1986) (4:44)

Enlace al comentario

Actualizando la sección "bandas que a nadie le importan excepto a mí":

Los británicos Electric Wizard ya lo hicieron oficial: su nuevo álbum "Wizard Bloody Wizard" sale a la venta a partir del 10 de Noviembre tanto en norteamérica como europa. Se espera a que presenten algún single durante estos días, ya que en su sitio web oficial están tan listos para el evento,  que lo tienen disponible como preventa en vinilo, CD, cassette y promociones especiales: http://www.electricfuckinwizard.com/

21314483_1519756431395965_96231563420356

Los estadounidenses Seawhores están casi listos: por fin se publicó el título y arte oficiales de su box set "Marx Presents: Delicioso La Famila"... claramente les falló el traductor de google o las clases de español. Debería estar siendo despachado desde Austria durante la próxima semana:

front.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1

En cuanto a Chile, Yajaira anunciaron la edición de su esperado álbum para Octubre, aunque todavía no hay título, listado de temas o portada oficial.

¡¡dibujos animados, leche con chocolate & rock 'n' roll!!

Fuzz es amor

Enlace al comentario

Actualizando la sección "bandas que a nadie le importan excepto a mí":

Los británicos Electric Wizard ya lo hicieron oficial: su nuevo álbum "Wizard Bloody Wizard" sale a la venta a partir del 10 de Noviembre tanto en norteamérica como europa. Se espera a que presenten algún single durante estos días, ya que en su sitio web oficial están tan listos para el evento,  que lo tienen disponible como preventa en vinilo, CD, cassette y promociones especiales: http://www.electricfuckinwizard.com/

21314483_1519756431395965_962315634203562068_n.jpg?oh=8f7c29739eeee66aa3ac5d6bba59aa1d&oe=5A5D1298

Los estadounidenses Seawhores están casi listos: por fin se publicó el título y arte oficiales de su box set "Marx Presents: Delicioso La Famila"... claramente les falló el traductor de google o las clases de español. Debería estar siendo despachado desde Austria durante la próxima semana:

front.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

En cuanto a Chile, Yajaira anunciaron la edición de su esperado álbum para Octubre, aunque todavía no hay título, listado de temas o portada oficial.

De los discos chilenos que más espero están el nuevo de Como Asesinar a Felipes y ese de Yajaira .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Enlace al comentario

• 3 weeks later...

Por fin se publicaron adelantos de los próximos discos de Yajaira y Electric Wizard.

Los chilenos ya tiraron la carne a la parrilla, su nuevo álbum se llama "Post Tenebras Lux", consta de nueve canciones, y será lanzado el 21 de Octubre por Algo Records. Por ahora ya se puede escuchar el "Fin de los tiempos modernos"...

http://yajaira1.bandcamp.com/track/fin-de-los-tiempos-modernos

En cuanto al viejo continente, los británicos liderados por Justin Oborn por fin presentaron de manera mundial su single "See You In Hell"... ya era hora porque solo estaba disponible en Spotify:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX1530GNc6U

Fuzz es amor

Enlace al comentario

PRESS RELEASE:
Due for release on 17th November 2017 comes the 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of the Moody Blues’ Days Of Future Passed. This 2CD/DVD deluxe set includes the full original 1967 stereo mix, which is being released on CD here for the first time. Due to a damaged master tape of the original mix, the album had been remixed in stereo in 1972 and since then it is this later mix, which has been used on all CD reissues. Now that technology allows for the original master to be repaired, the album can be fully represented on CD1 of the set for the first time as well as on the 180gm vinyl. The vinyl version also contains a download code. This new set also includes a 5.1 surround sound mix derived from the original 1972 Quad mix. Additionally the DVD comprises previously unreleased video footage of the band performing three key tracks from the album at MIDEM on 24th January 1968, eight weeks after its release. The 2CD/DVD set includes a poster designed by Ray Thomas.

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. THE DAY BEGINS
2. DAWN: Dawn Is A Feeling
3. THE MORNING: Another Morning
4. LUNCH BREAK: Peak Hour
5. THE AFTERNOON: Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?) / Time To Get Away
6. EVENING: The Sun Set: Twilight Time
7. THE NIGHT: Nights In White Satin

Bonus Tracks
8. Long Summer Days
9. Think About It

BBC Sessions
10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
11. Love And Beauty
12. Leave This Man Alone
13. Peak Hour
14. Nights In White Satin
15. Fly Me High
16. Twilight Time

Disc: 2
1. THE DAY BEGINS
2. DAWN: Dawn Is A Feeling
3. THE MORNING: Another Morning
4. LUNCH BREAK: Peak Hour
5. THE AFTERNOON: Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?) / Time To Get Away
6. EVENING: The Sun Set: Twilight Time
7. THE NIGHT: Nights In White Satin

Alternate Versions
8. Tuesday Afternoon (Alternate Mix)
9. DAWN: Dawn Is A Feeling (Alternate Mix)
10. The Sun Set (Alternate Version without orchestra)
11. Twilight Time (Original vocal mix)

Single Mixes
12. I Really Haven't Got The Time (B - side single)
13. Fly Me High (A - side single)
14. Love And Beauty (A - side single)
15. Leave This Man Alone (B - Side single)
16. Nights In White Satin (A - side single)
17. Cities (B - side single)

Disc: 3
1. 1 Surround Sound Mix & 96kHz / 24 - bit 1967 stereo mix

R-502016-1225549147.jpeg.jpg

Enlace al comentario

Y siguiendo con la sección "bandas que a nadie le importan excepto a mí":

Los estadounidenses Gay Witch Abortion anunciaron la pre-venta de un álbum en formato split (juntos, pero no revueltos) con The Grasshopper Lies Heavy. El disco, disponible tanto en descarga digital como en vinilo, será lanzado entre el 26 y el 27 de Noviembre, y ya existe como adelanto una canción de cada banda en la página de bandcamp del sello Learning Curve Records... Esta es la de G.W.A.:

https://learningcurverecords.bandcamp.com/track/gwa-wagon-train

Editado por Stonergrunge

Fuzz es amor

Enlace al comentario

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-rolling-stones-on-air/

RS_ONAIR_DELUXE-480x480.jpg

In December Universal/Polydor will issue The Rolling Stones  On Air a collection of rare radio recordings from the band’s formative years.

Amongst the songs are eight the band have never recorded or released commercially, and these radio sessions would have been performed between 1963 and 1965 on BBC shows such as Saturday Club, Top Gear, Rhythm and Blues and The Joe Loss Pop Show.

On Air is available as an 18-track single CD edition which includes takes on (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction, The Last Time, Come On, The Spider And The Fly, Route 66 and Hi Heel SneakersA double CD deluxe edition adds 14 further tracks to the offering. There’s also a heavyweight vinyl edition (which mirrors the single CD track listing).

These should sound good because the label says the audio has gone through a process called “audio source separation” which apparently involves “de-mixing the transcripts and allowing engineers at Abbey Road access to the original instrumentation and voices within each track, so that they could be rebuilt, rebalanced and remixed to achieve a fuller, more substantial sound.” Sounds similar to going back to the multi-tracks and remixing, although I suspect it’s not exactly that, since they’ve phrased it in a rather ambiguous way.

This release follows Richard Havers recent companion book which came out a few weeks back. The Rolling Stones On Air will be issued on 1 December 2017.

track_listing.gif

The Rolling Stones ON AIR 1963-65
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Brian Jones, Bill Wyman

The Rolling Stones – On Air

1. Come On                                                                       Saturday Club, 1963
  2. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction                                         Saturday Club, 1965
  3. Roll Over Beethoven                                                    Saturday Club, 1963
  4. The Spider And The Fly                                               Yeah Yeah, 1965
  5. Cops And Robbers                                                       Blues in Rhythm, 1964
  6. It’s All Over Now                                                          The Joe Loss Pop Show, 1964
  7. Route 66                                                                        Blues in Rhythm, 1964
  8. Memphis, Tennessee                                                   Saturday Club, 1963
  9. Down The Road Apiece                                                Top Gear, 1965
  10. The Last Time                                                               Top Gear, 1965
  11. Cry To Me                                                                     Saturday Club, 1965
  12. Mercy, Mercy                                                                Yeah Yeah, 1965
  13. Oh! Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin’)                     Saturday Club, 1965
  14. Around And Around                                                    Top Gear, 1964
  15. Hi Heel Sneakers                                                           Saturday Club, 1964
  16. Fannie Mae                                                                    Saturday Club, 1965
  17. You Better Move On                                                    Blues in Rhythm, 1964
  18. Mona                                                                             Blues In Rhythm, 1964

Bonus Tracks (Deluxe)

1. I Wanna Be Your Man                                                   Saturday Club, 1964
  2. Carol                                                                              Saturday Club, 1964
  3. I’m moving On                                                             The Joe Loss Pop Show, 1964
  4. If You Need Me                                                            The Joe Loss Pop Show, 1964
  5. Walking The Dog                                                          Saturday Club, 1964
  6. Confessin’ The Blues                                                    The Joe Loss Pop Show, 1964
  7. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love                        Top Gear, 1965
  8. Little By Little                                                                The Joe Loss Pop Show, 1964
  9. Ain’t That Loving You Baby                                          Rhythm And Blues, 1964
  10. Beautiful Delilah                                                             Saturday Club, 1964
  11. Crackin’ Up                                                                    Top Gear, 1964
  12. I Can’t Be Satisfied                                                        Top Gear, 1964
  13. I Just Want to Make Love To You                                 Saturday Club, 1964
  14. 2120 South Michigan Avenue                                     Rhythm and Blues, 1964

Enlace al comentario

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.rush.com/a-farewell-to-kings-40th-anniversary-release/

On December 1, Rush will release a lavish, new and expanded edition of the  landmark album A Farewell to Kings — the fifth studio album originally released in 1977, which introduced the radio hit “Closer To The Heart,” album tracks “A Farewell To Kings,” “Madrigal,” “Cinderella Man,” as well as enduring fan favorites with “Xanadu” and “Cygnus X-1.”

A Farewell to Kings—40th Anniversary will be available to fans in four distinct configurations including (1) Super Deluxe Edition, (2) three-CD Deluxe Edition, (3) four-LP Deluxe Edition, and (4) the Deluxe Digital Edition.

AFTK-PACK-Deluxe-ALT-002-300x300.jpgSuper Deluxe | 4LP | Deluxe 3CD

The Super Deluxe Edition includes three CDs, one Blu-ray Audio disc and four high-quality 180-gram vinyl LPs.  The set encompasses the Abbey Road Mastering Studios 2015 remastered edition of the album for the first time on CD; a complete Rush concert recorded in February 1978 at London’s Hammersmith Odeon, newly mixed by longtime Rush engineer and original A Farewell to Kings producer Terry Brown from the multi-track live tapes; four newly-recorded cover versions of songs from the original album by Dream Theater, Big Wreck, The Trews and Alain Johannes; and an instrumental studio outtake of the spacey sound effects the band has creatively titled “Cygnus X-2 Eh.”  The Hammersmith show features, for the first-time ever, over 34 minutes of unreleased performances including a complete “2112” suite, “Lakeside Park,” a drum solo and “Closer To The Heart.” The Super Deluxe Edition’s audio content on its CDs is duplicated on its vinyl discs.  Meanwhile, the Blu-ray Audio disc contains a brand new 5.1 surround mix of the album by four-time Grammy® nominated surround sound producer Steven Wilson, along with three original 1977 promo videos from a newly found 2-inch quad video master significantly improving the video quality for “Closer To The Heart.”  The Super Deluxe package also includes an elAFTK-PACK-VINYLx4-ALT-002-300x300.jpgaborate new 40th anniversary cover treatment by longtime Rush creative director Hugh Syme, who has also created a new piece of artwork for each of the album’s six songs, and an extensive 12,000-word liner notes by Grammy®-winning rock historian Rob Bowman.

The Super Deluxe Edition of A Farewell to Kings—40th Anniversary will also include several exclusive items, including a unique King’s Ring, with custom velvet pouch and neck chain; two lithographs with original artwork by Hugh Syme; a special 12-inch turntable mat featuring distinctive artwork by Hugh Syme; and a reproduction of Rush’s original 1978 A Farewell To Kings tour program.

A Farewell to Kings—40th Anniversary second configuration will be released in a three-CD Deluxe Edition, with the newly reasserted A Farewell to Kings album, the Hammersmith Odeon show, the four new cover songs, “Cygnus X-2 Eh” outtake, Hugh Syme’s song-specific artwork and Rob Bowman’s liner notes.

The third configuration will be offered as an audiophile 180-gram four-LP Deluxe Edition featuring the same audio content as the three-CD edition with double-gatefold packaging, 32-page vinyl-size booklet, the special 12-inch AFTK-PACK-CDx3-ALT-002-300x300.jpgturntable mat, along with Syme’s artwork and Bowman’s liner notes.

The fourth configuration, the Deluxe Digital Edition, will feature the original album as disc 1, the complete Hammersmith concert unedited as disc 2, and the four covers songs plus the “Cygnus X-2 Eh” outtake as disc 3.

A Farewell To Kings 40th Anniversary – December 1, 2017. Pre-order now at Rush Backstage.

• Upvote 1
Enlace al comentario

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ten-years-after-1967-1974-10cd-box/#more-135595

tenyearsbox-480x480.jpg

Limited to 1500 copies • 9 albums + unheard studio tracks from ’72

1967-1974 is a new 10CD box set that celebrates 50 years since the eponymous debut album of British blues/rock band Ten Years After.

This collection gathers long-players from the Chrysalis and Deram eras and includes eight studio albums, one live album and a bonus disc of never before heard recordings from 1972 called The Cap Ferrat Sessions, which is newly mixed by producer Chris Kimsey. All the albums have been remastered from the original quarter-inch production master tapes.

tenyears_book.jpgThe package comes in hardcover book format (with slipcase) with extensive sleeve notes by Chris Welch. These notes include extensive interviews with the remaining band members, Alvin Lee’s family, and there is additional recording notes by Kimsey.

The unreleased material – The Cap Ferrat Sessions – exists thanks to Alvin Lee’s wife, who discovered a box of recordings in their house in Spain. Chris Kimsey recorded and engineered these tracks originally (they formed part of the Rock N Roll Music To The World sessions) which is why Chrysalis Records turned to him to mix them for the first time. Cap Ferrat is in the South of France, situated between Nice and Monaco.

Kimsey has set the record straight in terms of the quality of these newly-found tracks: “Alvin and the band were incredibly creative and abundant during this period. These re-discovered recordings were not rough demos, not rehearsals, but completed masters that did not make the album due to the time limitations of vinyl at the time. So these gems were left off. Mixing this in 2017 I began to study the parts, the playing, the response of each musician. It was amazing! It is what all great recordings are made of.”

Ten Years After 1976-1974 is limited to 1,500 copies worldwide and will be released on 22 December 2017.

Enlace al comentario

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.hackettsongs.com/news/newsAlbum23.html

[IMG] 

RELEASE DATE: 26 January 2018

On 26th January 2018, Inside Out Music release Wuthering Nights: Live in Birmingham, the new live release from guitar legend Steve Hackett. Wuthering Nights was filmed at the Birmingham Symphony Hall during Hackett's recent, critically-acclaimed Genesis Revisited & Classic Hackett tour. Available as Special Edition 2DVD + 2CD Digipak, Blu-Ray, Digital album and Blu-Ray in stereo & surround sound, this is a must-have for any prog fan.

This tour marked the 40th anniversary of Wind & Wuthering, Hackett's last album with Genesis which reached number 7 in the UK album chart. To celebrate Steve and his band played 5 of the best-loved tracks from this iconic album: Eleventh Earl Of Mar, One For The Vine, Blood On The Rooftops, In That Quiet Earth and Afterglow.

Other fan favourites from Hackett's Genesis days were 'revisited': Dance On A Volcano, Inside & Out, Firth Of Fifth, The Musical Box and the classic Los Endos. This mesmerising show marks the first ever live performance by Hackett & his band of the tracks One for the Vine and Inside & Out, and also includes many of Hackett's solo fan-favourites as well as material from his latest studio album The Night Siren.

Steve recalls the Birmingham performance... "I'm excited about imminent release of 'Wuthering Nights'. It felt special to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Wind & Wuthering, the Genesis album I had the most songwriting involvement with and a favourite among many fans. Songs like One for the Vine, Eleventh Earl of Mar and Blood on the Rooftops come across powerfully on this release, which also features other Genesis and solo Hackett favourites along with songs from my latest album The Night Siren... Sit back and enjoy!"

The band are: Roger King (keyboards), Gary O'Toole (drums/percussion), Rob Townsend (saxes/flutes), Nick Beggs (bass, stick & twelve string) and Nad Sylvan on vocals plus special guests John Hackett and Amanda Lehmann.

The DVD / Blu-Ray also includes fascinating behind the scenes footage, most of which was filmed on the day in Birmingham. There are also three videos for tracks from The Night Siren: Behind the Smoke, Fifty Miles from the North Pole and West to East.

Special Edition 2CD + 2DVD Digipak - 88985473862

Blu-Ray- 88985473879

Digital Album - G010003778599D
Enlace al comentario