Saltar al contenido
Pegar imágenes en el foro, mediante equipos móviles ×

Próximos lanzamientos en la Música

ponkine

se viene nueva versión de Axis Bold As Love de Hendrix, de la mano de Berni Grundman para Analogue Productions. Versiones en SACD, vinilos Stereo y Mono y usando los mejores ultra mega atómicos cuánticos sistemas de grabación, vinilo transparente más puro que tu hermana e inspección a mano para cada disco el que vendrá por supuesto con su certificado de calidad individual. Producto pa escuchar o pa los especuladores coleccionistas ya se sabra´...

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/130940/The_Jimi_Hendrix_Experience-Axis_Bold_As_Love-UHQR_Vinyl_Record

tempAUHQR_0001__130940__11272017023720-2

The pinnacle of high-quality vinyl — the Ultra High Quality Record (UHQR™) returns!

Definitive handmade limited run reissue of Jimi Hendrix Axis: Bold As Love

Newly remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original master tapes

Stereo release limited to 5,000 copies

Pressed at Quality Record Pressings using Clarity Vinyl on a manual Finebilt press

Purest possible pressing and most visually stunning presentation and packaging!

Includes 16-page booklet with recording session info and an essay written by Brad Tolinski, former editor of Guitar World Magazine

"The Axis UHQR cut is amazing — full bodied, detailed, powerful and engaging. Very impressive. The best pressing of the record I have ever heard."  Bill Levenson, Grammy Award-winning reissue producer

Analogue Productions, the audiophile in-house reissue label of Acoustic Sounds, Inc., together with Quality Record Pressings, is reintroducing one of the most revered brands in LP history — the Ultra High Quality Record (UHQR™), originally introduced by JVC Japan in the 1980s!

Analogue Productions presents its first UHQR™ title — Jimi Hendrix's 1967 masterpiece, Axis: Bold As Love, in both stereo and mono versions. This UHQR™ is newly remastered by noted mastering engineer Bernie Grundman from the original analog master tapes. Each UHQR™ will be pressed at Acoustic Sounds' industry-leading pressing plant Quality Record Pressings (QRP) using hand-selected Clarity Vinyl® on a manual Finebilt press with attention paid to every single detail of every single record. The 200-gram records will feature the same flat profile that helped to make the original UHQR™ so desirable. From the lead-in groove to the run-out groove, there is no pitch to the profile, allowing the customer's stylus to play truly perpendicular to the grooves from edge to center. Clarity Vinyl® allows for the purest possible pressing and the most visually stunning presentation. Every UHQR™ will be hand inspected upon pressing completion, and only the truly flawless will be allowed to go to market. Each UHQR™ will be packaged in a deluxe box and will include a booklet detailing the entire process of making a UHQR™ along with a hand-signed certificate of inspection. This will be a truly deluxe, collectible product.

Each Axis UHQR™ will be available as two versions: mono and stereo. The stereo release will be limited to 5,000 copies, while the mono release will be limited to 1,500 copies. The deluxe box will be gold foil numbered.

Axis: Bold As Love, the sensational sophomore release of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, showcased Hendrix's expansive experimentation while acknowledging his early R&B and soul music influences. The album features classics such as "Spanish Castle Magic," "Little Wing," "Castles Made Of Sand," and "If 6 Was 9."

As Rolling Stone states, Jimi Hendrix was the most innovative instrumental genius the rock era produced, a wizard guitar player whose sense of technique never overwhelmed the blues and rock 'n' roll spirit that was the underpinning of his genius. He improvised with the fervor of a born jazzman; he philosophized like the most cosmic rocker, but ultimately his basics were rooted in soul, a reflection of the chitlin circuit, where he cut his teeth.

With the possible exception of Cream, The Jimi Hendrix Experience was debatably the world's finest-ever power trio. Axis was a showcase for Jimi's brash, scintillating songs and the grasp that Jimi and his cohorts — Mitch Mitchell on drums and Noel Redding on bass — had on the studio technology at their disposal, and the lyrical beauty of Hendrix's guitar playing.

• "The most lasting song for many is the awe-inspiring 'Little Wing.' With its perfect blend of lead and rhythm guitar (the song's introductory phrases blurred the line forever between the two), the tune is a pure, simple thing of beauty ... In true 1967 style, the production on Axis is superb. Jimi never sounded as vulnerable and accessible, vocally and instrumentally, while the analog thud of Mitch Mitchell and the solid basslines of Reddding were the ultimate rhythm section of the day — with a nod, of course, to Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, their only rivals in so many respects." — 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

"(Axis) followed up Hendrix's groundbreaking debut effort with a solid collection of great tunes and great interactive playing between himself, Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell, and the recording studio itself. Wisely retaining manager Chas Chandler to produce the album and Eddie Kramer as engineer, Hendrix stretched further musically than the first album, but even more so as a songwriter. He was still quite capable of coming up with spacy rockers like 'You Got Me Floating,' 'Up from the Skies,' and 'Little Miss Lover,' radio-ready to follow on the commercial heels of 'Foxey Lady' and 'Purple Haze.' But the beautiful, wistful ballads 'Little Wing,' 'Castles Made of Sand,' 'One Rainy Wish,' and the title track set closer show remarkable growth and depth as a tunesmith, harnessing Curtis Mayfield soul guitar to Dylanesque lyrical imagery and Fuzz Face hyperactivity to produce yet another side to his grand psychedelic musical vision." — AllMusic

Bottom line, January of 1968 brought Axis: Bold As Love to the U.S., an album that expanded Jimi's six-string flame with celestial clarity, and also brought his rapidly evolving songwriting gift to the fore. It was recorded at Olympic Studios in London by Eddie Kramer.

This reissue was cut to lacquer by Bernie Grundman. The plating at QRP was directed by Gary Salstrom, master plating technician and QRP general manager.

The Axis: Bold As Love UHQR™ will include a 16-page booklet featuring recording information from the sessions at Olympic Studios in London and an essay written by Brad Tolinski, former editor of Guitar World Magazine.

More About Clarity Vinyl

As we set out to make the world's best vinyl record, we began by establishing a set of exacting standards to address all of the components that comprise an LP. We call our records made under these strict standards Ultra High Quality Records (UHQR™). Most audiophiles would understand that the list of critical components in UHQR includes recording, mastering, plating, pressing and quality control. But some may stop short of considering the raw material used to make the record: the vinyl itself.

We did some research and learned some interesting things about the history of the iconic black vinyl record. The most compelling revelation to us was the fact that LP vinyl is not black in its pure state. The off-white color of the record you are about to listen to is the color of raw vinyl in its purest form (un-tinted vinyl). The black color you're used to seeing is a colorant called "carbon black" that was part of the original compound formulation used in old shellac records. As vinyl compound replaced shellac-based compound, carbon black continued to be used as a colorant. We've expected our records to be black ever since.

To make the ultimate record, we decided to enhance sound quality by removing anything we believed could detract from it. Record styli vibrate (or jitter) on a microscopic level, and any particles of carbon black pigment that happen to be on the surface of the groove could introduce surface noise. By not adding carbon black to our Clarity Vinyl®, we eliminate the possibility of noise contamination due to carbon black particles. Instead, your stylus is allowed to effortlessly slide down a glossy and silky smooth groove wall.

When we purchased Classic Records, the brand name Clarity Vinyl® came with it. We're proud to have resurrected, refined and trademarked Clarity Vinyl®, the perfect canvas for our masterpiece: vinyl in its purest form.

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

Nuevo disco de Mark Knopfler, 'Down The Road Wherever'

https://shop.virginemi.com/markknopfler/?utm_campaign=MarkKnopflerGoodOnYouSon20180914&utm_content=&utm_medium=genericlink&utm_source=OriginalLink&utm_umguk=t.co%2FtzHRcYmPHO%3Famp%3D1

SharedImage-84458.jpg?t=0cb03b5cdcd234f3

TRACKLIST:

1. Trapper Man
  2. Back On The Dance Floor
  3. Nobody’s Child
  4. Just A Boy Away From Home
  5. When You Leave
  6. Good On You Son
  7. My Bacon Roll
  8. Nobody Does That
  9. Drovers’ Road
  10. One Song At A Time
  11. Floating Away
  12. Slow Learner
  13. Heavy Up
  14. Matchstick Man
Enlace al comentario

hace 2 horas, ponkine dijo:

Nuevo disco de Mark Knopfler, 'Down The Road Wherever'

https://shop.virginemi.com/markknopfler/?utm_campaign=MarkKnopflerGoodOnYouSon20180914&utm_content=&utm_medium=genericlink&utm_source=OriginalLink&utm_umguk=t.co%2FtzHRcYmPHO%3Famp%3D1

SharedImage-84458.jpg?t=0cb03b5cdcd234f3

TRACKLIST:

1. Trapper Man
  2. Back On The Dance Floor
  3. Nobody’s Child
  4. Just A Boy Away From Home
  5. When You Leave
  6. Good On You Son
  7. My Bacon Roll
  8. Nobody Does That
  9. Drovers’ Road
  10. One Song At A Time
  11. Floating Away
  12. Slow Learner
  13. Heavy Up
  14. Matchstick Man

bueena ...vamos a estar atento....gracias estimado por la noticia

Cats-Listening-Music-Funny-Black-And-Whi

Oir o Escuchar........Escuchar y Oir

Enlace al comentario

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/bob-dylan-more-blood-more-tracks-the-bootleg-series-vol-14/

moreblood_front_deluxe480-480x480.jpg

Blood On The Tracks deluxe • 6CD • 70 unreleased recordings • 2LP vinyl

Columbia Records/Legacy Recordings will release in November, the Bob Dylan box set that fans have really been waiting for. More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol. 14 will be available as a six-CD set that includes “every surviving take” (including the complete New York sessions) from the 1974 studio recordings made by Bob Dylan which resulted in his 1975 classic Blood On The Tracks.

Described by the label as a ‘strictly limited’ deluxe set, this six-disc package features alternate versions of ‘Tangled Up In Blue’ , ‘Simple Twist Of Fate’ and ‘Shelter From The Storm’ and offers up a total of over 70 previously unreleased recordings! The 6CD deluxe of More Blood, More Tracks (there is also a 2LP vinyl and a single CD edition) includes the complete New York sessions in chronological order, including outtakes, false starts and ‘studio banter’.

moreblood_deluxe_600crop-1.jpg

The reissue producers have worked from best sources available, in most cases utilising the original multi-track session tapes. The only recordings remaining from the Minneapolis sessions are the multi-track masters of the five performances included on the finished Blood On The Tracks album, although these have been remixed and remastered for the deluxe edition.

Packaging looks to be consistent with previous Bootleg Series deluxe editions and features a hardcover book with sleeve notes by Jeff Slate, photographs, and most excitingly a complete reproduction of one of Dylan’s legendary handwritten 57 page notebooks, where you can follow the lyrical development of the songs that would eventually comprise Blood On The Tracks.

More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol 14 will be released on 2 November 2018CURRENCY:GBP USD EUR CAD AUD JPY 

track_listing.gif

moreblood_deluxe_600crop-480x375.jpg

More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol 14 /  6CD deluxe edition

CD 1

A & R Studios
New York
September 16, 1974

1. If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 1) – solo
2. If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 2) – solo. Previously released on The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3: Rare and Unreleased, 1961-1991
3. You’re a Big Girl Now (Take 1) – solo
4. You’re a Big Girl Now (Take 2) – solo
5. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 1) – solo
6. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 2) – solo
7. You’re a Big Girl Now (Take 3) – solo
8. Up to Me (Rehearsal) – solo
9. Up to Me (Take 1) – solo
10. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (Take 1) – solo
11. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (Take 2) – solo – included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing

CD 2

A & R Studios
New York
September 16, 1974

1. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 1A) – with band
2. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 2A) – with band
3. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 3A) – with band
4. Call Letter Blues (Take 1) – with band
5. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 1) – with band – edited version included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing and previously released on Blood on the Tracks
6. Call Letter Blues (Take 2) – with band – previously released on The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3: Rare and Unreleased, 1961-1991
7. Idiot Wind (Take 1) – with bass
8. Idiot Wind (Take 1, Remake) – with bass
9. Idiot Wind (Take 3 with insert) – with bass
10. Idiot Wind (Take 5) – with bass
11. Idiot Wind (Take 6) – with bass
12. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Rehearsal and Take 1) – with band
13. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 2) – with band
14. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 3) – with band
15. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 4) – with band
16. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 5) – with band
17. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 6) – with band
18. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 6, Remake) – with band
19. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 7) – with band
20. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 8) – with band

Bob Dylan: vocals, guitar, harmonica
Eric Weissberg, Charles Brown III, Barry Kornfeld: guitars
Thomas McFaul: keyboards
Tony Brown: bass
Richard Crooks: drums
Buddy Cage: steel guitar (5-6)

CD 3

A & R Studios
New York
September 16, 1974

1. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 1)  – with bass

A & R Studios
New York
September 17, 1974

2. You’re a Big Girl Now (Take 1, Remake)  – with bass and organ
3. You’re a Big Girl Now (Take 2, Remake)  – with bass, organ, and steel guitar –included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing and previously released on Biograph
4. Tangled Up in Blue (Rehearsal)  – with bass and organ
5. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 2, Remake)  – with bass and organ
6. Spanish Is the Loving Tongue (Take 1)  – with bass and piano
7. Call Letter Blues (Rehearsal)  – with bass and piano
8. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 1, Remake)  – with bass and piano
9. Shelter from the Storm (Take 1) – with bass and piano – previously released on the Jerry McGuire original soundtrack
10. Buckets of Rain (Take 1)  – with bass
11. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake)  – with bass
12. Buckets of Rain (Take 2)  – with bass
13. Shelter from the Storm (Take 2)  – with bass
14. Shelter from the Storm (Take 3)  – with bass
15. Shelter from the Storm (Take 4)  – with bass – previously released on Blood on the Tracks

Paul Griffin: keyboards (2-9)
Buddy Cage: steel guitar (3)

CD 4

A & R Studios
New York
September 17, 1974

1. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 1, Remake 2) – with bass
2. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 2, Remake 2) – with bass
3. Buckets of Rain (Take 1, Remake) – previously released on Blood on the Tracks

A & R Studios
New York
September 18, 1974

4. Buckets of Rain (Take 2, Remake)  – solo
5. Buckets of Rain (Take 3, Remake)  – solo
6. Buckets of Rain (Take 4, Remake)  – solo

A & R Studios
New York
September 19, 1974

7. Up to Me (Take 1, Remake)  – with bass
8. Up to Me (Take 2, Remake)  – with bass
9. Buckets of Rain (Take 1, Remake 2)  – with bass
10. Buckets of Rain (Take 2, Remake 2)  – with bass
11. Buckets of Rain (Take 3, Remake 2)  – with bass
12. Buckets of Rain (Take 4, Remake 2)  – with bass – previously released on Blood on the Tracks
13. If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 1, Remake)  – with bass – previously included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing
14. Up to Me (Take 1, Remake 2) – with bass
15. Up to Me (Take 2, Remake 2) – with bass
16. Up to Me (Take 3, Remake 2) – with bass
17. Buckets of Rain (Rehearsal) – with bass
18. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 1, Remake) – with bass – previously released on the “Duquesne Whistle” 7” single
19. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 2, Remake)  – with bass
20. Buckets of Rain (Take 5, Remake 2)  – with bass

Tony Brown: bass (1-2, 7-20)

CD 5

A & R Studios
New York
September 19, 1974

1. Tangled Up in Blue (Rehearsal and Take 1, Remake 2)  – with bass
2. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 2, Remake 2)  – with bass
3. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake 2)  – with bass – included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing and previously released on The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3: Rare and Unreleased, 1961-1991
4. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 2, Remake) – with bass
5. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 3, Remake) – with bass – previously released on Blood on the Tracks
6. Up to Me (Rehearsal and Take 1, Remake 3)  – with bass
7. Up to Me (Take 2, Remake 3) – with bass – previously released on Biograph
8. Idiot Wind (Rehearsal and Takes 1-3, Remake) – with bass
9. Idiot Wind (Take 4, Remake) – with bass
10. Idiot Wind (Take 4, Remake with organ overdub) included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing and previously released on The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3: Rare and Unreleased, 1961-1991
11. You’re a Big Girl Now (Take 1, Remake 2) – with bass
12. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 1, Remake 2) – with bass
13. Meet Me in the Morning (Takes 2-3, Remake 2) – with bass

CD 6

A & R Studios
New York
September 19, 1974

1. You’re a Big Girl Now (Takes 3-6, Remake 2) – with bass
2. Tangled Up in Blue (Rehearsal and Takes 1-2, Remake 3) – with bass
3. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake 3) – with bass

Sound 80 Studio
Minneapolis, MN
December 27, 1974

4. Idiot Wind – with band – previously released on Blood on the Tracks
5. You’re a Big Girl Now – with band – previously released on Blood on the Tracks

Sound 80 Studio
Minneapolis, MN
December 30, 1974

6. Tangled up in Blue  – with band – previously released on Blood on the Tracks
7. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts  – with band – previously released on Blood on the Tracks
8. If You See Her, Say Hello  – with band – previously released on Blood on the Tracks

Bob Dylan: vocals, guitar, harmonica, organ (4-5), mandolin (8)
Tony Brown: bass (1-3)
Chris Weber: guitar (4-6, 8)
Kevin Odegard: guitar (6)
Peter Ostroushko: mandolin (8)
Gregg Inhofer: keyboards (4-8)
Billy Peterson: bass (4, 6-7)
Bill Berg: drums (4-8)

All songs written by Bob Dylan except Spanish is the Loving Tongue (traditional, arranged by Bob Dylan)

New York sessions originally engineered by Phil Ramone

Minneapolis sessions originally engineered by Paul Martinson

moreblood_vinyl_600crop-480x377.jpg

More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol 14 /  2LP vinyl track listing

Side 1
1. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake 3)
2. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 1)
3. Shelter from the Storm (Take 2)

Side 2
1. You’re a Big Girl Now (Take 2)
2. Buckets of Rain (Take 2, Remake)
3. If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 1 Edit)

Side 3
1. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (Take 2)
2. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 1, Remake Edit)

Side 4
1. Idiot Wind (Take 4, Remake Edit)
2. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 1, Remake 2)
3. Up to Me (Take 2, Remake)

All Tracks Recorded
A & R Studios
New York 9/16 – 9/19/1974

Tracks Recorded 9/16 & 18
Bob Dylan – vocals, guitar, harmonica

Tracks Recorded 9/17 & 19
Tony Brown – bass

All songs written by Bob Dylan

moreblood_single480-300x300.jpg

More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol 14 / single CD edition

1. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake 3)
2. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 1)
3. Shelter from the Storm (Take 2)
4. You’re a Big Girl Now (Take 2)
5. Buckets of Rain (Take 2, Remake)
6. If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 1 Edit)
7. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (Take 2)
8. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 1, Remake Edit)
9. Idiot Wind (Take 4, Remake Edit)
10. You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 1, Remake 2)
11. Up to Me (Take 2, Remake)

All Tracks Recorded
A & R Studios
New York 9/16 – 9/19/1974

Tracks Recorded 9/16 & 18

Tracks Recorded 9/17 & 19
Tony Brown – bass

All songs written by Bob Dylan

Enlace al comentario

Mañana nuevo disco de Voivod 

723366.jpg?5116

Principal: SMSL M8 + Rega Elex-R + Proac Studio 118

Audífonos principal: Audio GD r2r 11 + Hifiman HE-400i / Hifiman HE-350 / Grado Sr80e

Portátil: Fuentes: Xduoo x3 / Shanling M0 - IEM Dunu DK 2002 / CCA C12 / JVC HA-FXT90 / Yamaha EPH-100

Enlace al comentario

Para mis amigos amantes del vinilo

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/Steven%20Wilson%20KC%20remixes%20on%20LP

STEVEN WILSON KC REMIXES ON LP

Two vinyl boxed sets covering King Crimson between 1969 and 1974 are due to hit the shelves in November 2018. They will feature Steven Wilson’s 40th Anniversary Edition stereo mixes - the first time these have appeared on vinyl.

The first set chronicling 1969 - 1972 comes with a special 2LP set of rarities from the period while the second set, covering 1972 - 1974, will include an alt-take version of Larks’ Tongues In Aspic and the expanded two-disc edition of the classic live album, USA.

All albums are pressed on 200gm super-heavyweight vinyl housed in their original sleeves. Details for each box set are as follows.

King Crimson 1969 – 1972

blobid1537466586395.png

Pre-order

Inner Knot (USA)

Burning Shed (UK & EU)

The albums: “In the Court of the Crimson King”, “In The Wake of Poseidon”*, “Lizard” and “Islands” are presented in the 40th anniversary edition mixes as mixed and produced by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp in 2009 and 2010. This is the first time that these mixes have appeared on vinyl*.

Additionally, a 2LP set of rarities is included (track-listing below) – many of them mixed and produced by Steven Wilson and all new to vinyl, except for the single, ‘Catfood’. “The Alternative Guide to King Crimson” is presented in the gatefold artwork originally used for the 1975 compilation “The Young Person’s Guide to King Crimson”.

A full sized replica of the original King Crimson timeline booklet which accompanied that compilation is also included.

All albums are pressed using 200gram super heavyweight vinyl for the best audio reproduction.

The albums were cut at Loud Mastering by Jason Mitchell from original hi-res sources as prepared by Steven Wilson and approved by Robert Fripp.

*excluding ‘The Devil’s Triangle, presented in original 1970 mix for as multi-track tapes no longer exist for this track

Track-listing: The Alternative Guide to King Crimson

Side 1
1 21st Century Schizoid Man (instrumental, trio version)
2 I Talk to the Wind (studio run through)
3 Epitaph (alt. instrumental version)

Side 2
1 Moonchild (take 1)
2 The Court of the Crimson King (take 3, instrumental)
3 I Talk to the Wind (duo version)
4 Cadence and Cascade (guide vocal, Greg Lake)*
5 Peace - An End (alt. mix)*

All tracks Mixed and Produced by Steven Wilson except 
* Produced by Robert Fripp and Peter Sinfield

Side 3
1 Cat Food (single version)
2 Groon (2010 mix)
3 Indoor Games (alt. take)
4 Lady of the Dancing Water (alt. take)*
5 Prince Rupert Awakes (piano, Keith Tippett)
6 Prince Rupert's Lament (alt take)

1 Produced by Robert Fripp and Peter Sinfield.
2, 4 Mixed and Produced by Steven Wilson 3 Produced by
David Singleton and Alex R Mundy 6 Produced by Jakko Jakszyk

Side 4
1 A Peacemaking Stint Unrolls
2 Sailor's Tale (alt guitar takes)
3 Ladies of the Road (remix)
4 Prelude: Song of the Gulls (string section, take 2)
5 Islands (run through with oboe prominent)

1 Mixed and Produced by Steven Wilson 2 Mixed by Alex R Mundy
3 Produced and Mixed by David Singleton and Alex R Mundy
4, 5 Produced by Robert Fripp and Peter Sinfield

All tracks/versions previously unreleased on vinyl except Side 3, Track 1

King Crimson 1972 - 1974

blobid1537466796306.png

Pre-order

Inner Knot (USA)

Burning Shed (UK & EU)

King Crimson 1972 - 1974 Boxed set contains the band’s three classic albums by the celebrated 1972 – 1974 line-ups - “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic”, “Starless and Bible Black”** and “Red” plus a fourth album containing a complete alternate version of “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic” mixed and produced by Steven Wilson featuring the LP’s original US artwork.*

King Crimson 1972 - 1974 presents the band’s celebrated trio of studio albums from that period “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic”, “Starless and Bible Black”** and “Red” in their 40th anniversary edition mixes as mixed and produced by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp in 2009 - 2012.

This is the first time that these mixes have appeared on vinyl.**

All albums are presented in their original sleeves.

Additionally, a fourth LP features an Alternate “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic” mixed and produced by Steven Wilson, with ‘Easy Money’ appearing in its 2012 mix by David Singleton and Alex R Mundy and presented in the album’s original American sleeve art.

The vinyl set is completed with the inclusion of the expanded version of the live USA album, presented in its 2013 mix with interior gatefold art based on the original imagery.

A 24 pages photographic booklet and album art poster are also included.

All albums are pressed using 200gram super heavyweight vinyl for the best audio reproduction.

The albums were cut at Loud Mastering by Jason Mitchell from original hi-res sources as prepared by Steven Wilson and approved by Robert Fripp.

*except ‘Easy Money’ (alt. mix), Mixed and Produced by David Singleton and Alex R Mundy
**excluding ‘Trio’ and ‘The Mincer’, presented in original mixes as multi-track tapes for these tracks remain lost

Enlace al comentario

Keith Emerson - Beyond the Stars is made possible by musical colleagues and family – in eternal gratitude and respect for the musical legacy of Keith Emerson. The album is released by the Norwegian company Grappa Musikkforlag on the label Simax Classics.

The Academy of St Martin in the Fields, conducted by Terje Mikkelsen, has recorded four works by Keith Emerson in Abbey Road Studio No. 1. The album will be released on what would have been Keith Emerson’s 74th birthday November 2, 2018. This legendary performer – who became known all over the through the band Emerson, Lake & Palmer – is also a serious classical composer, interpreted by one of the top orchestras of England.

Keith Emerson is the man who brought composers like Mussorgsky, Sibelius, Bach, Tchaikovsky and Stravinsky into rock music, at a time when this had never been done before. His open and inspired attitude toward classical music in the 1970s was a revelation for many rock fans. Nearly 50 years later, the time has come for Emerson’s own classical works to be performed by the outstanding Academy of St Martin in the Fields.

Conductor Mikkelsen has collaborated with Emerson on several occasions since 2006, including the Three Fates Project in 2011-12 and the Barbican concert in July 2015. He also participated in the Keith Emerson tribute concert in Los Angeles in May 2016, and conducted the memorial concert in Birmingham in July 2017.

Keyboard phenomenon Rachel Flowers features as piano soloist in a ferocious reading of ’Toccata con Fuoco’ from the Piano Concerto. A special contribution comes from Keith’s grandson; 13-year old Ethan Emerson, in the beautiful ’The Dreamer’ for piano and strings.

The album is available on LP Black Gatefold and a Limited Edition on clear vinyl - see the Shopify tab for more information. Place your order for the Limited Edition before November 2, 2018, and get your name on the inner sleeve!

[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG]
Enlace al comentario

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/moody-blues-search-lost-chord-gets-50th-anniversary-deluxe-edition/

In Search Of The Lost Chord pack shot
  •  
  •  
  • flipboard-flip-logo-site.png
  •  
  •  

The classic third album by the Moody Blues, 1968’s In Search Of The Lost Chord, will be released in a 50th anniversary deluxe edition on 2 November. It will feature bonus and previously unissued material and alternate mixes of this key record in the group’s storied catalogue.

The deluxe edition will comprise a 3CD/2DVD box set with both the original and new stereo mixes of the album. Unreleased material includes a never-before-heard mono version of the Ray Thomas song ‘Legend Of A Mind,’ as well as a live session from influential Radio 1 DJ John Peel’s Top Gear show and another from Afternoon Pop Show. Mono mixes of the related Deram A and B-sides are also included.

The first DVD in the package contains In Search of the Lost Chord  in 96kHz/24-bit 5.1 Surround, as a new stereo mix and the original stereo mix. The second, visual, DVD comprises BBC TV’s Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord, broadcast on 14 September 1968, two months after the album’s release; Ce Soir On Danse: The Moody Blues, broadcast by ORTF French TV on 13 July that year, and Carte d’Or’ – ORTF French TV, from 29 October 1968. Both of the French broadcasts are previously unreleased.

In Search Of The Lost ChordThe set also includes a 76-page book with extensive sleeve notes by its compiler, Mark Powell, as well as a generous selection of rare photos and memorabilia images.

The album is also being released as a standard vinyl 180-gram facsimile of the  LP with the original packaging; D2C limited edition psychedelic coloured vinyl with original packaging, exclusively available from the uDiscover store; and as a single CD containing the new stereo mix plus bonus tracks.

In Search of the Lost Chord, based around the concept of the spiritual and philosophical concerns of the psychedelic era, is seen by many Moody Blues devotees as the group’s masterpiece. It featured the much-loved singles ‘Voices In The Sky,’ written by Justin Hayward, and ‘Ride My See-Saw,’ by fellow frontman John Lodge, among compositions by all five members of the band. The album reached No. 5 in the UK and No. 23 in the US.

The 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of In Search of the Lost Chord is released on 2 November. 

3CD / 2DVD BOX SET TRACKLISTING

Disc 1 (CD):

1. Departure – The original stereo mix

2. Ride My See-Saw – The original stereo mix

3. Dr. Livingstone, I Presume – The original stereo mix

4. House of Four Doors – The original stereo mix

5. Legend of a Mind – The original stereo mix

6. House of Four Doors (Part 2) – The original stereo mix

7. Voices in the Sky – The original stereo mix

8. The Best Way to Travel – The original stereo mix

9. Visions of Paradise – The original stereo mix

10. The Actor – The original stereo mix

11. The Word – The original stereo mix

12. Om – The original stereo mix

13. Voices in the Sky (mono)

14. Dr. Livingstone, I Presume (mono)

15. Ride My See Saw (mono) – Previously unreleased on CD

16. A Simple Game

17. Legend of a Mind (mono mix) – Previously unreleased

Disc 2 (CD):

1. Departure – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

2. Ride My See-Saw – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

3. Dr. Livingstone, I Presume – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

4. House of Four Doors – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

5. Legend of a Mind – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

6. House of Four Doors (Part 2) – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

7. Voices in the Sky – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

8. The Best Way to Travel – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

9. Visions of Paradise – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

10. The Actor – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

11. The Word – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

12. Om – “In Search of the Lost Chord” new stereo mix:

13. A Simple Game (Justin Hayward Vocal Mix / Remastered 2018)

Disc 3 (CD):

1. Dr. Livingstone, I Presume (BBC Radio One “Top Gear” Session / 1968)

2. Voices in the Sky (BBC Radio One “Top Gear” Session / 1968)

3. The Best Way to Travel (BBC Radio One “Top Gear” Session / 1968)

4. Ride My See-Saw (BBC Radio One “Top Gear” Session / 1968)

5. Tuesday Afternoon (BBC Radio One John Peel “Top Gear” session – 16th July 1968)

6. Departure (alternate mix) – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

7. The Best way to Travel (additional vocal mix) – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

8. Legend of a Mind (alternate mix) – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

9. Visions of Paradise (instrumental mix) – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

10. The Word (Mellotron mix) – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

11. Om (extended mix) – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

12. King and Queen – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

13. Gimmie a Little Something – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

14. What Am I Doing Here? (full version) – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

15. A Simple Game (Justin Hayward vocal version) – Mixed at Decca Studios, West Hampstead in September 1968

Disc 4 (DVD)

“In Search of the Lost Chord” 96 kHz / 24-bit 5.1 Surround, new Stereo mix and re-mastered original stereo mix”

1. Departure –

2. Ride My See-Saw

3. Dr. Livingstone, I Presume

4. House of Four Doors

5. Legend of a Mind

6. House of Four Doors (Part 2)

7. Voices in the Sky

8. The Best Way to Travel

9. Visions of Paradise

10. The Actor

11. The Word

12. Om

Disc 5 (DVD):

1. Departure / Ride My See-Saw – Visual content

2. Dr. Livingstone I Presume – Visual content

3. House of Four Doors – Visual content

4. Voices in the Sky – Visual content

5. The Best Way to Travel – Visual content

6. Visions of Paradise / The Actor – Visual content

7. Om – Visual content

8. Tuesday Afternoon – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

9. Nights in White Satin – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

10. Bye Bye Bird – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

11. Fly Me High – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

12.  I’ve Got a Dream – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

13. A Beautiful Dream – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

14. Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

15. Peak Hour – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

16. Dr. Livingstone, I Presume – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

17. Ride My See Saw – BBC TV “Colour Me Pop: In Search of the Lost Chord” – 14th September 1968

LP TRACKLISTING (Standard and D2C):

1CD TRACKLISTING

13. Voices in the Sky (mono)

14. Dr. Livingstone, I Presume (mono)

15. Ride My See Saw (mono) – Previously unreleased on CD

16. A Simple Game

17. Legend of a Mind (mono mix) – Previously unreleased

Enlace al comentario

Pronto vendrá el anuncio oficial. Les traigo la primicia exclusiva amigos! :p

Por mientras, esto es lo que se rumorea:

61DP%2B1ybxOL._SL1500_.jpg

Track list, regular 3 disc version:

CD 1: The Beatles, side 1 and 2 New stereo mix
CD 2: The Beatles, side 3 and 4 New stereo mix
CD 3: Esher Demos:
Back in the U.S.S.R.
Dear Prudence
Glass Onion
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness is a Warm Gun
I’m so tired
Blackbird
Piggies
Rocky Raccoon
Julia
Yer Blues
Mother Nature’s Son
Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
Sexy Sadie
Revolution
Honey Pie
Cry Baby Cry
Sour Milk Sea
Junk
Child of Nature
Circles
Mean Mr. Mustard
Polythene Pam
Not Guilty
What's the New Mary Jane

WHITE ALBUM SUPER DELUXE 50TH anniversary: 6 CDS + BLU RAY:

CDs 1 & 2: 2018 Stereo Album Mix

CD3: Esher demos

CDs 4, 5 & 6: Sessions - 50 additional recordings, mostly unpublished, from the studio sessions of the 'White Album'; all remixed from the four-track and eight-track session bands, sorted by their recording start dates. Includes hitherto unknown white album recording of the song "Let It Be"!

Blu-ray Audio:

- 2018 album mix in high-resolution PCM stereo

- 2018 DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Album mix

- 2018 Dolby True HD 5.1 album mix

- 2018 direct transfer of the original monomix of the album

Enlace al comentario

https://thebeatlesstore.com/products/the-beatles-white-album-super-deluxe-edition-limited-edition-pin-set

[âIMG]

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Beatles White Album is this collector's enamel pin set. Each enamel pin with a smooth resin face featuring John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Housed in a wonderful sturdy display box and numbered. 

THE BEATLES SUPER DELUXE EDITION (7 DISC)
The comprehensive, individually numbered 7-disc and digital audio collections feature:
CDs 1 & 2: 2018 stereo album mix
CD3: Esher Demos
CDs 4, 5 & 6: Sessions
- 50 additional recordings, most previously unreleased, from ‘White Album’ studio sessions; all newly mixed from the four-track and eight-track session tapes, sequenced in order of their recording start dates. 107 tracks in total 
Blu-ray: 
- 2018 album mix in high resolution PCM stereo
- 2018 DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 album mix
- 2018 Dolby True HD 5.1 album mix
- 2018 direct transfer of the album’s original mono mix

CD 1
1. Back In The U.S.S.R.
2. Dear Prudence
3. Glass Onion
4. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
5. Wild Honey Pie
6. The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill
7. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
8. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
9. Martha My Dear
10. I’m So Tired
11. Blackbird
12. Piggies
13. Rocky Racoon
14. Don’t Pass Me By
15. Why Don’t We Do It In The Road?
16. I Will
17. Julia

CD 2
1. Birthday
2. Yer Blues
3. Mother Nature’s Son
4. Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
5. Sexy Sadie
6. Helter Skelter
7. Long, Long, Long
8. Revolution 1
9. Honey Pie
10. Savoy Truffle
11. Cry Baby Cry
12. Revolution 9
13. Good Night

CD 3
1. Back In The U.S.S.R. (Esher Demo)
2. Dear Prudence (Esher Demo)
3. Glass Onion (Esher Demo)
4. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (Esher Demo)
5. The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill (Esher Demo)
6. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Esher Demo)
7. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Esher Demo)
8. I’m So Tired (Esher Demo)
9. Blackbird (Esher Demo)
10. Piggies (Esher Demo)
11. Rocky Raccoon (Esher Demo)
12. Julia (Esher Demo)
13. Yer Blues (Esher Demo)
14. Mother Nature’s Son (Esher Demo)
15. Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey (Esher Demo)
16. Sexy Sadie (Esher Demo)
17. Revolution (Esher Demo)
18. Honey Pie (Esher Demo)
19. Cry Baby Cry (Esher Demo)
20. Sour Milk Sea (Esher Demo)
21. Junk (Esher Demo)
22. Child Of Nature (Esher Demo)
23. Circles (Esher Demo)
24. Mean Mr Mustard (Esher Demo)
25. Polythene Pam (Esher Demo)
26. Not Guilty (Esher Demo)
27. What’s The New Mary Jane (Esher Demo)

CD 4 - Sessions
1. Revolution 1 (Take 18)
2. A Beginning (Take 4)/Don’t Pass Me By (Take 7)
3. Blackbird (Take 28)
4. Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey (Unnumbered Rehearsal)
5. Good Night (Unnumbered Rehearsal)
6. Good Night (Take 10 With A Guitar Part From Take 7)
7. Good Night (Take 22)
8. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (Take 3)
9. Revolution (Unnumbered Rehearsal)
10. Revolution (Take 14 Instrumental Backing Track)
11. Cry Baby Cry (Unnumbered Rehearsal)
12. Helter Skelter (First Version Take 2)

CD 5 – Sessions
1. Sexy Sadie (Take 3)
2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Acoustic Version Take 2)
3. Hey Jude (Take 1)
4. St Louis Blues (Studio Jam)
5. Not Guilty (Take 102)
6. Mother Nature’s Son (Take 15)
7. Yer Blues (Take 5 With Guide Vocal)
8. What’s The New Mary Jane (Take 1)
9. Rocky Raccoon (Take 8)
10. Back In The U.S.S.R. (Take 5 Instrumental Backing Track)
11. Dear Prudence (Vocal, Guitar & Drums)
12. Let It Be (Unnumbered Rehearsal)
13. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Third Version Take 27)
14. (You’re So Square) Baby I Don’t Care (Studio Jam)
15. Helter Skelter (Second Version Take 17)
16. Glass Onion (Take 10)

CD 6 - Sessions
1. I Will (Take 13)
2. Blue Moon (Studio Jam)
3. I Will (Take 29)
4. Step Inside Love (Studio Jam)
5. Los Paranoias (Studio Jam)
6. Can You Take Me Back (Take 1)
7. Birthday (Take 2 Instrumental Backing Track)
8. Piggies (Take 12 Instrumental Backing Track)
9. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Take 19)
10. Honey Pie (Instrumental Backing Track)
11. Savoy Truffle (Instrumental Backing Track)
12. Martha My Dear (Without Brass And Strings)
13. Long Long Long (Take 44)
14. I’m So Tired (Take 7)
15. I’m So Tired (Take 14)
16. The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill (Take 2)
17. Why Don’t We Do It In The Road? (Take 5)
18. Julia (Two Rehearsals)
19. The Inner Light (Take 6 Instrumental Backing Track)
20. Lady Madonna (Take 2 Piano & Drums)
21. Lady Madonna (Backing Vocals Take 3)
22. Across The Universe (Take 6)

In November 1968, millions of double LPs were shipped to record stores worldwide ahead of that tumultuous year’s most anticipated music event: the November 22nd release of The BEATLES (soon to be better known as ‘The White Album’). With their ninth studio album, The Beatles took the world on a whole new trip, side one blasting off with the exhilarating rush of a screaming jet escorting Paul McCartney’s punchy, exuberant vocals on “Back In The U.S.S.R.” “Dear Prudence” came next, John Lennon warmly beckoning his friend and all of us to “look around.” George Harrison imparted timeless wisdom in “While My Guitar Gently Weeps,” singing, “With every mistake we must surely be learning.” For 50 years, ‘The White Album’ has invited its listeners to venture forth and explore the breadth and ambition of its music, delighting and inspiring each new generation in turn. On November 9, The Beatles will release a suite of lavishly presented ‘White Album’ packages (Apple Corps Ltd./Capitol/UMe). The album’s 30 tracks are newly mixed by producer Giles Martin and mix engineer Sam Okell in stereo and 5.1 surround audio, joined by 27 early acoustic demos and 50 session takes, most of which are previously unreleased in any form.

This is the first time The BEATLES (‘White Album’) has been remixed and presented with additional demos and session recordings. The album’s sweeping new edition follows 2017’s universally acclaimed Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band Anniversary Edition releases. To create the new stereo and 5.1 surround audio mixes for ‘The White Album,’ Martin and Okell worked with an expert team of engineers and audio restoration specialists at Abbey Road Studios in London. All the new ‘White Album’ releases include Martin’s new stereo album mix, sourced directly from the original four-track and eight-track session tapes. Martin’s new mix is guided by the album’s original stereo mix produced by his father, George Martin.

The minimalist artwork for ‘The White Album’ was created by artist Richard Hamilton, one of Britain’s leading figures in the creation and rise of pop art. The top-loading gatefold sleeve’s stark white exterior had ‘The BEATLES’ embossed on the front and printed on the spine with the album’s catalogue number. Early copies of ‘The White Album’ were also individually numbered on the front, which has also been done for the new edition’s Super Deluxe package. The set’s six CDs and Blu-ray disc are housed in a slipsleeved 164-page hardbound book, with pull-out reproductions of the original album’s four glossy color portrait photographs of John, Paul, George, and Ringo, as well as the album’s large fold-out poster with a photo collage on one side and lyrics on the other. The beautiful book is illustrated with rare photographs, reproductions of handwritten and notated lyrics, previously unpublished photos of recording sheets and tape boxes, and reproduced original ‘White Album’ print ads. The book’s comprehensive written pieces include new introductions by Paul McCartney and Giles Martin, and in-depth chapters covering track-by-track details and session notes reflecting The Beatles’ year between the release of ‘Sgt. Pepper’ and recording sessions for ‘The White Album,’ the band’s July 28 1968 “Mad Day Out” photo shoot in locations around London, the album artwork, the lead-up and execution of the album’s blockbuster release, and its far-ranging influence, written by Beatles historian, author and radio producer Kevin Howlett; journalist and author John Harris; and Tate Britain’s Senior Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art Andrew Wilson. 

Much of the initial songwriting for ‘The White Album’ was done in Rishikesh, India between February and April 1968, when John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr joined a course at the Maharishi’s Academy of Transcendental Meditation. In a postcard to Ringo, who had returned to England before the others, John wrote, “we’ve got about two L.P.s worth of songs now so get your drums out.”

During the last week of May, The Beatles gathered at George’s house in Esher, Surrey, where they recorded acoustic demos for 27 songs. Known as the Esher Demos, all 27 recordings are included in the new edition’s Deluxe and Super Deluxe packages, sourced from the original four-track tapes. Twenty-one of the demoed songs were recorded during the subsequent studio sessions, and 19 were ultimately finished and included on ‘The White Album.’

The Beatles’ studio sessions for The BEATLES (‘White Album’) began on May 30, 1968 at Abbey Road Studios. In the 20 weeks that followed, The Beatles devoted most of their time to sessions there for the new album, with some recording also done at Trident Studios. The final session for the album took place at Abbey Road on October 16, a 24-hour marathon with producer George Martin to sequence the double album’s four sides and to complete edits and cross-fades between its songs. The Beatles’ approach to recording for ‘The White Album’ was quite different from what they had done for ‘Sgt. Pepper.’ Rather than layering individually overdubbed parts on a multi-track tape, many of the ‘White Album’ session takes were recorded to four-track and eight-track tape as group performances with a live lead vocal. The Beatles often recorded take after take for a song, as evidenced by the Super Deluxe set’s Take 102 for “Not Guilty,” a song that was not included on the album. This live-take recording style resulted in a less intricately structured, more unbridled album that would shift the course of rock music and cut a path for punk and indie rock. 

The Beatles’ newly adopted method of recording all through the night was time consuming and exhausting for their producer, George Martin. Martin had other duties, including his management of AIR (Associated Independent Recording), and he had also composed the orchestral score for The Beatles’ animated feature film, Yellow Submarine, released in July 1968. After the first three months of ‘White Album’ sessions, Martin took a three-week holiday from the studio, entrusting the control room to his young assistant Chris Thomas and balance engineer Ken Scott. Scott had taken the place of engineer Geoff Emerick, who left the sessions in mid-July. On August 22, Ringo Starr also left the sessions, returning 11 days later to find his drum kit adorned with flowers from his bandmates. While the sessions’ four and a half months of long hours and many takes did spark occasional friction in the studio, the session recordings reveal the closeness, camaraderie, and collaborative strengths within the band, as well as with George Martin.

The BEATLES (‘White Album’) was the first Beatles album to be released on the group’s own Apple Records label. Issued in both stereo and mono for the U.K. and in stereo for the U.S., the double album was an immediate bestseller, entering the British chart at number one and remaining there for eight of the 22 weeks it was listed. ‘The White Album’ also debuted at number one on the U.S. chart, holding the top spot for nine weeks of its initial 65-week chart run. In his glowing ‘White Album’ review for Rolling Stone, the magazine’s co-founder Jann Wenner declared: “It is the best album they have ever released, and only The Beatles are capable of making a better one.” In the U.S., ‘The White Album’ is 19-times platinum-certified by the RIAA and in 2000, it was inducted into the Recording Academy’s GRAMMY® Hall of Fame, recognizing “recordings of lasting qualitative or historical significance.”

ESHER DEMOS:
• The band had been in India with the Maharishi, some for 2 weeks and others for up to 2 months. 
• While there they wrote an incredible number of songs and so they decided – for the only time in their career – to get together to demo these prior to going into the studio for the recording sessions. 
• They went to George’s house in Esher and recorded them in one or two days on his new 4 track recorder. 
• Olivia still has the tapes and so Giles was able to re-visit the original tape to work on these demos. 
• They recorded 27 songs and we have been allowed to release all of them here. 
• 19 of them ended up on the White Album with the rest either being recorded by the band or as solo later or in the case of Sour Milk Sea being given to another singer for his solo album on Apple Records (Jackie Lomax).
• 7 have previously been released on Anthology, but they were mixed with the technology of the time and now Giles has been able to really clean them up and bring out the intimate nature of the recordings.
• Look on this as The Beatles Unplugged!!!
• One of the biggest things we learned through listening to the sessions, and which the fans can hear too via the inclusion of the studio chat and banter between takes, is that while this was certainly a time of change for the guys – growing up and maybe starting to grow apart too, it was NOT the miserable experience that has become history’s view of it. They are clearly having a blast playing as a band again and supporting each other with different ideas, working out how to approach parts, etc. They had FUN in the recording of this album, amongst the angst, and this shines through more than anyone has previously realized.

SESSIONS:
• The recording of Sgt Pepper the year before had been constructed by working on just a few takes and then adding layer-upon-layer for the final album version.
• They decided to go back to their roots in a way for the White Album by recording lots of takes and working out the song in the studio – by having a demo they knew where they wanted to start and could then play around with options in different takes. 
• Many of these takes would break down or be false starts, so we were never going to release all of them – but we never expected to be able to release 50 takes in our wildest dreams! 
• Most have never been heard before even on bootlegs, but some of them had been completely forgotten about and were not documented by the historians.
• One of the big discoveries is Julia (Take 10) which was discovered at the end of a tape that was marked up as blank. Our team actually listened to 20 minutes of silence when suddenly this incredible take appeared – it shows John trying to figure out how best to play his guitar and how to sing it. Amazing stuff.
• On listening to all the While My Guitar sessions, it became clear the received history is wrong. People have always thought that Eric was brought in by George towards the end to add his playing, but we now know that he came in for a whole day of sessions and is on all of the takes from that session – over 20 takes!
• Helter Skelter – was recorded in two distinct versions. Originally there was a blues jam that was much slower and more measured – a small sample appeared on Anthology 3 – but they eventually gave up and returned to the song a couple of weeks later when it became arguably both the first heavy rock record AND the first punk record at the same time! There is a 23 minute version of the blues take which we could not include, but we have been able to use a 9 minute take as well as an alternate take of the later version.

Blu-Ray:
• The BD features a brand new 5.1 surround mix by Giles Martin and Sam Okell and provides a totally immersive listening experience. 
• It is also possible to listen to hi-res versions of the LP 
• The original mono mix is also included – for historical interest since some of the edits and mixes were quite different to the stereo mix, even though it had been recorded in stereo and conceived as a stereo album for the first time in their career.

Book:
The book has 164 pages and is made up of 3 themes:
• The bulk of the book is taken up with song and recording notes, all written in exemplary detail by Beatles expert Kevin Howlett. He explains all of the different takes and the actual writing and recording process for every track in the set.
• There is a new scholarly essay on the art of the White Album – explaining that it was actually an important moment in the development of modern pop art and it explodes several myths about what people think had been other cover ideas as well as exploring the way rock music and art were starting to grow together.
• Guardian writer and social commentator, John Harris, has also written a fascinating chapter that looks at the reception of the album when it was released and how that has changed in perception and influence over the decades, concluding that this is in many ways perhaps their most influential album, especially in terms of how it has influenced generations of musicians since.

• Upvote 1
Enlace al comentario

Una real lata que la MFSL reciclen siempre los mismos títulos y artistas, y que nunca lanzen algo distinto, a diferencia de lo que era Audio Fidelity

supervinyl

Enlace al comentario

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/The-Complete-Studio-Albums-Half-Speed-Masters-Deluxe-Boxset/5YSN0000000

The Complete Studio Albums: Half Speed Masters Deluxe Boxset

Creedence Clearwater Revival

SharedImage-84960.jpg?t=bca48cd88ef59bdc

Los Angeles, CA - The arrival of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s 50th anniversary brings an unprecedented celebration of everything the band contributed in their short but startlingly epochal time together (1968 – 1972). To commemorate this milestone, Craft Recordings is releasing a deluxe box set comprising the band’s complete seven-album studio output: Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bayou Country, Green River, Willy and the Poor Boys, Cosmo's Factory, Pendulum and Mardi Gras.

Each album in this collection has been mastered at half-speed at Abbey Road Studios, benefiting from an exacting process that allows for an exceptional level of sonic clarity and punch, bringing these classic recordings a new vibrancy. The 180-gram LPs come housed in handsome tip-on jackets replicating the packaging of the original pressings. Along with the complete studio album collection comes an 80-page book featuring new liner notes from music journalist Roy Trakin, archival photos and reproductions of band ephemera — offering something for both new and the most diehard of Creedence fans.

Using high-res transfers from the original analog tapes, the half-speed mastering process involves playing back audio at half its recorded speed while the cutting lathe is turned at half the desired playback speed. The technique allows more time to cut a micro-precise groove, allowing more accuracy with frequency extremes and dynamic contrasts. Abbey Road Studios’ award-winning engineer Miles Showell explains, “I’ve tried to be as authentic as I could, and just make it sound like music. Not over-hyped, not over-processed. Up until now a lot of processing has been done on these recordings, so my approach was to strip them right back and just expose them for what they are — because what they are is great music.”

About Creedence Clearwater Revival (1968) Liner notes extract: “Released in the summer of 1968, Creedence Clearwater Revival begins with the faint sound of gongs, then the rat-a-tat of Doug “Cosmo” Clifford’s snare drum before John’s snarling take on Screamin’ Jay Hawkins’ “I Put a Spell on You,” announcing the arrival of an important new rock ’n’ roll voice.”

Side A:

1. I Put a Spell on You
  2. The Working Man
  3. Suzie Q

Side B:

1. Ninety Nine (And a Half Won’t Do)
  2. Get Down Woman
  3. Porterville
  4. Gloomy
  5. Walk on the Water

About Bayou Country (1969) Liner notes extract: “Instead of delving into the underground,” Fogerty told Uncut’s Bud Scoppa, “…my Elvis-and-Beatles upbringing came directly into play. And I was able to write songs that would go on Top 40 radio, because that’s what I had wanted to do since I was four. I wanted to make hit singles.”

Side A:

1. Born on the Bayou
  2. Bootleg
  3. Graveyard Train

Side B:

1. Good Golly Miss Molly
  2. Penthouse Pauper
  3. Proud Mary
  4. Keep on Chooglin’

About Green River (1969) Liner notes extract: “The album became the band’s first chart-topper, lodging at #1 on the Billboard 200 for the entire month of October, in between Blind Faith and Abbey Road, fulfilling their ambition to become the American Beatles.”

Side A:

1. Green River
  2. Commotion
  3. Tombstone Shadow
  4. Wrote a Song for Everyone

Side B:

1. Bad Moon Rising
  2. Lodi
  3. Cross-tie Walker
  4. Sinister Purpose
  5. The Night Time Is the Right Time

About Willy and the Poor Boys (1969) Liner notes extract: “It’s a very powerful anti-war message, but even more so, it’s an anti-class-bias message,” Fogerty told Uncut’s Bud Scoppa in 2006. “When I sing it now, it still has teeth.”

Side A:

1. Down on the Corner
  2. It Came Out of the Sky
  3. Cotton Fields
  4. Poorboy Shuffle
  5. Feelin’ Blue

Side B:

1. Fortunate Son
  2. Don’t Look Now (It Ain’t You or Me)
  3. The Midnight Special
  4. Side O’ the Road
  5. Effigy

About Cosmo’s Factory (1970) Liner notes extract: “Cosmo’s Factory represents the apogee of Creedence Clearwater Revival, playing like a greatest hits album despite the fact the songs (and covers) are all appearing on disc for the first time…”

Side A:

1. Ramble Tamble
  2. Before You Accuse Me
  3. Travelin’ Band
  4. Ooby Dooby
  5. Lookin’ Out My Back Door
  6. Run Through the Jungle

Side B:

1. Up Around the Bend
  2. My Baby Left Me
  3. Who’ll Stop the Rain
  4. I Heard It Through the Grapevine
  5. Long As I Can See the Light

About Pendulum (1970) Liner notes extract: “With Pendulum, the band decided to experiment in the manner of Sgt. Pepper, without any preconceived ideas, which ran against Fogerty’s notions of organization and control…”

Side A:

1. Pagan Baby
  2. Sailor’s Lament
  3. Chameleon
  4. Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
  5. (Wish I Could) Hideaway

Side B:

1. Born to Move
  2. Hey Tonight
  3. It’s Just a Thought
  4. Molina
  5. Rude Awakening #2

About Mardi Gras (1972) Liner notes extract: “…the now-threesome went into the studio in the spring of 1971 to record a new single, “Sweet Hitch-Hiker,” with the B-side a song written and sung by Stu Cook, “Door to Door,” an amiable rockabilly number. “Sweet Hitch-Hiker” would be the band’s last Top 10 single, reaching #6 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Side A:

1. Lookin’ for a Reason
  2. Take It Like a Friend
  3. Need Someone to Hold
  4. Tearin’ Up the Country
  5. Someday Never Comes

Side B:

1. What Are You Going to Do
  2. Sail Away
  3. Hello Mary Lou
  4. Door to Door
  5. Sweet Hitch-Hiker

Enlace al comentario

Genial!

Acá va la info

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/40th-anniversary-rush-celebrations-continue-deluxe-hemispheres/

Rush-Hemispheres-Exploded-3D-Packshot-we
  •  
  •  
  • flipboard-flip-logo-site.png
  •  
  •  

The 40th anniversary celebrations of the revered catalogue of Canadian titans Rush will continue with the 16 November release by UMe/Anthem/ole label group of new, multi-format editions of their classic 1978 album Hemispheres.

The configurations for the new releases will be a Super Deluxe Editions, 3LP and 2CD Deluxe Editions and a Deluxe Digital Edition. The Super Deluxe version boasts two CDs, an exclusive Blu-ray Audio disc and three high-quality 180 gram black vinyl LPs. This set encompasses the Abbey Road Studios remaster of Hemispheres from 2015, appearing on CD for the first time, accompanied by previously unreleased, newly restored bonus content in the form of Rush’s performance at Pinkpop Festival in the Netherlands in June 1979.

Since the recording engineer omitted to capture the opening minutes of the band’s performance of ‘2112,’ an exceptional version of the song performed during the Hemispherestour in Tucson, Arizona in November 1978 appears in its place. The third bonus disc consists of the original album newly mixed from the multitrack masters in 5.1 surround sound on a Blu-ray Audio disc; four bonus videos are also included, three shot in 1978 as promotional videos and one of ‘La Villa Strangiato,’ originally shot at Pinkpop, with newly restored stereo audio.

Hemispheres

The original ‘Hemispheres’ cover

The Super Deluxe Edition of Hemispheres —40th Anniversary will also have such exclusive items as a 40-page hardcover book with unreleased photos and new artwork by the original album designer, Hugh Syme; an 11,000+-word essay by Rob Bowman; The Words & The Pictures, a replica of the band’s rare 1979 UK tour programme; a 24×24-inch wall poster of the newly created Syme art; a Pinkpop Festival replica ticket; a Pinkpop Festival replica cloth VIP sticky pass; and a replica 1978 Rush Hemispheres iron-on patch.

The two-CD Deluxe Edition digipak includes the newly remastered Hemispheres  album; the Pinkpop Festival performance and that of ‘2112’ from the Tucson show; a 28-page booklet with unreleased photos and new artwork by Syme; and an edited, 5,700-word version of Bowman’s essay.

The audiophile black vinyl 180-gram  three-LP Deluxe Edition  features the same audio content as the two-CD edition, housed in a slipcase with double-gatefold packaging, along with a 24-page booklet with unreleased photos and Syme’s new artwork plus the 5,700-word version of Bowman’s liner notes. Gatefold 1 features the original album with Syme’s 40th anniversary artwork, and gatefold 2 has the Pinkpop Festival and Tucson bonus content. A 5×5-inch digital download card sticker of Syme’s new 40th anniversary art is also included. The  Deluxe Digital Edition  is the digital equivalent of the  two-CD Deluxe Edition.

The album, Rush’s sixth studio release, was first released in October 1978 as the follow-up to 1977’s much-admired A Farewell To Kings. Hemispheres opened with ‘Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres,’ which took up all of side 1 on the original release as the continuation of the track that ended A Farewell To Kings, ‘Cygnus X-1.’ Side 2 featured the commentary on English culture of ‘Circumstances,’ the socially aware FM radio hit ‘The Trees’ and the instrumental tour de force ‘La Villa Strangiato.’

“Hemispheres was one of our most challenging and demanding records to make,” says Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson. “From its inception in a Wales farmhouse where it was written over a four-week span to the very difficult mixing sessions in two London recording studios, it stands as a key transitional album in Rush’s long recording history.”

The Hemispheres — 40th Anniversary Editions are released on 16 November. Scroll down for the full tracklistings, and buy it here.

Listen-Buy

SUPER DELUXE EDITION

CD – DISC 1

Original Album – Produced by Rush and Terry Brown

1. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

2. Circumstances

3. The Trees

4. La Villa Strangiato

CD – DISC 2

Live at Pinkpop Festival – June 4, 1979

1. A Passage To Bangkok*

2. Xanadu*

3. The Trees*

4. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres – The Sphere A Kind Of Dream*

5. Closer To The Heart*

6. La Villa Strangiato*

7. In The Mood*

8. Drum Solo*

9. Something For Nothing*

Live in Arizona – November 20, 1978

10. 2112*

BLU-RAY AUDIO – DISC 3

96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround Mix

96kHz 24-bit Original Stereo Analog 2015 Remaster

1. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres*

2. Circumstances*

3. The Trees*

4. La Villa Strangiato*

Bonus Promo Videos

48kHz 24-bit Stereo Only

1. Circumstances (1978 Promo Video)*

2. The Trees (1978 Promo Video)*

3. La Villa Strangiato (1978 Promo Video)*

4. La Villa Strangiato (Live at Pinkpop Festival: June 4, 1979)*

3-LP VINYL

LP 1 – SIDE A

LP 1 – SIDE B

1. Circumstances

2. The Trees

3. La Villa Strangiato

LP 2 – SIDE C

1. A Passage To Bangkok*

2. Xanadu*

LP 2 – SIDE D

1. The Trees*

2. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres – The Sphere A Kind Of Dream*

3. Closer To The Heart*

4. La Villa Strangiato*

LP 3 – SIDE E

1. In The Mood*

2. Drum Solo*

3. Something For Nothing*

LP 3 – SIDE F

1. 2112*

2CD DELUXE EDITION / DELUXE DIGITAL EDITION

DISC 1

2. Circumstances

3. The Trees

4. La Villa Strangiato

DISC 2

1. A Passage To Bangkok*

2. Xanadu*

3. The Trees*

4. Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres – The Sphere A Kind Of Dream*

5. Closer To The Heart*

6. La Villa Strangiato*

7. In The Mood*

8. Drum Solo*

9. Something For Nothing*

1. 2112*

*Previously unreleased

Enlace al comentario

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-police-every-move-you-make-the-studio-recordings-6lp-vinyl-box/

police_everycover-480x480.jpg

Half-speed mastered • 6LP vinyl box • Bonus LP of non-album cuts

This November, Universal Music will release Every Move You Make: The Studio Recordings a new six vinyl LP box set which brings together The Police’s studio albums, along with a bonus disc of non-album recordings and B-sides.

All six five albums – Outlandos d’Amour (1978), Reggatta de Blanc (1979), Zenyatta Mondatta (1980), Ghost in the Machine (1981) and Synchronicity (1983) – have been remastered and cut at half-speed at Abbey Road Studios by Miles Showell.

police_spread-480x480.jpg

Miles has actually cut a Ghost In The Machine half-speed before, back in 2015 for the first wave of Abbey Road Studios-branded albums put out by Universal Music. SDE can exclusively reveal that ‘Ghost’ in this box set comes from the same remastered source, but is an all-new cut for this Every Move You Make box, because since that time Showell has restored and made operational a new lathe which he considers to be the best he’s ever used and therefore in theory this new cut could/should be slightly better than the 2015 version.

The 12-track bonus LP is called Flexible Strategies and features songs such as ‘Dead End Job’, ‘ Landlord’, ‘Visions Of The Night’ and ‘Murder By Numbers’.

The box set comes with a 24 page, 12” x 12” photo ‘book’ (looks more like a bookLET to me) and features the usual ‘rare and unseen’ images. Everything is packaged in a lift-off lid box set. Every album in the box has been pressed at Optimal in Germany. No CD version has been announced.

Every Move You Make: The Studio Recordings will be released on 16 November 2018.

Outlandos d’Amour (1978)

Side One:

Next to You
So Lonely
Roxanne
Hole in My Life
Peanuts                           

Side Two:

Can’t Stand Losing You
Truth Hits Everybody
Born in the ’50s
Be My Girl – Sally
Masoko Tanga

Reggatta de Blanc (1979)

Side One:

Message in a Bottle
Reggatta de Blanc
It’s Alright for You
Bring on the Night
Deathwish                          

Side Two:

Walking on the Moon
On Any Other Day
The Bed’s Too Big Without You
Contact
Does Everyone Stare
No Time This Time   

Zenyatta Mondatta (1980)

Side One:

Don’t Stand So Close to Me
Driven to Tears
When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What’s Still Around
Canary in a Coalmine
Voices Inside My Head
Bombs Away

Side Two:

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
Behind My Camel
Man in a Suitcase                               
Shadows in the Rain
The Other Way of Stopping

Ghost in the Machine (1981)

Side One:

Spirits in the Material World
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Invisible Sun                               
Hungry for You (J’aurais toujours faim de toi)
Demolition Man

Side Two:

Too Much Information
Rehumanize Yourself
One World (Not Three)
Ωmegaman
Secret Journey
Darkness

Synchronicity (1983)

Side One:

Synchronicity I
Walking in Your Footsteps
O My God                               
Mother                               
Miss Gradenko
Synchronicity II                       

Side Two:

Every Breath You Take
King of Pain                               
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Tea in the Sahara  

Bonus Disc: Flexible Strategies (2018)

Side One:

Dead End Job (1978)
Landlord (1979)
Visions Of The Night (1979)
Friends (1980)
A Sermon (1980)
Shambelle (1981)

Side Two:

Flexible Strategies (1981)
Low Life (1981)
Murder By Numbers (1983)
Truth Hits Everybody (Remix) (1983)
Someone To Talk To (1983)
Once Upon A Daydream (1983)

Enlace al comentario

Purchase The Story So Far – The Best Of here: The Story So Far…The Best Of Def Leppard (Deluxe) by Def Leppard 

Listen to the new Christmas single “We All Need Christmas” now: Def Leppard - We All Need Christmas 

Purchase Hysteria: The Singles vinyl singles box set here: Def Leppard - Hysteria Singles Box 

Listen to “Personal Jesus” from The Story So Far here: Def Leppard - Personal Jesus (Remix) 

Closing out a banner 2018, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame® nominees Def Leppard reveal a string of upcoming releases. The group assemble a brand new greatest hits collection entitled The Story So Far – The Best Of, arriving in stores and online November 30, 2018. It will be available in multiple configurations: a 2-CD set comprised of 35 tracks, 1-CD comprised of 17 tracks, 2LP vinyl, and digital. Among a blockbuster tracklisting loaded with timeless smashes, all four versions feature three new songs, including the official recording of the band’s recent fan favorite Depeche Mode cover “Personal Jesus,” “Rock On (Remix),” and the original holiday song “We All Need Christmas.” As a bonus for collectors, the first pressing vinyl copies of The Story So Far feature an exclusive 7” single of “Personal Jesus” and “We All Need Christmas.” See full tacklisting below.

[IMG]The pre-order just went live today, and it unlocks an instant grat download of “Personal Jesus.” Rolling Stone claimed it “features a little more of the group’s signature giant vocals…and to great effect.” Essential for newcomers and longtime fans alike, The Story So Far plays out like the ultimate Def Leppard set upheld by stadium-size hits.

Get the Story So Far HERE

Additionally, Def Leppard is sharing a brand new Christmas single titled “We All Need Christmas”. A delicate acoustic ballad, the track proves fireside-ready with its uplifting, hopeful spirit and sense of seasonal soul.

Listen to “We All Need Christmas” HERE and stay on the lookout for the music video’s debut soon 

Next up on November 30, Def Leppard will release Hysteria: The Singles, a new limited edition, 10-disc vinyl box set featuring all of the 7” singles from the multi-platinum album Hysteria, which celebrated its 30th anniversary last year. Hysteria: The Singles features repressed versions of all eight 7-inch vinyl singles for Hysteria including their Top-5 hits “Pour Some Sugar On Me,” “Animal,” “Love Bites,” “Hysteria,” “Rocket” and “Armageddon It.” Two bonus singles, “Excitable”/”Run Riot” (Album Version) and “Love and Affection”/”Don’t Shoot The Shotgun” (Album Version), are only available in this box set.[IMG]

Housed in a box with a lift-off lid, Hysteria: The Singles features new cover art made up of all 10 of the single’s sleeves, including the special Spanish “Animal” single, plus a booklet with a full band discography and an introduction written by Joe Elliott.

Get Hysteria: The Singles vinyl singles box set HERE

Everything sets the stage for what promises to be an even bigger 2019. Be on the lookout for more from Def Leppard soon.

THE STORY SO FAR TRACKLISTING:

Disc 1

1. “Animal”
2. “Photograph”
3. “Pour Some Sugar On Me”
4. “Love Bites”
5. “Let’s Get Rocked”
6. “Armaggedon It”
7. “Foolin’”
8. “Two Steps Behind”
9. “Heaven Is”
10. “Rocket”
11. “Hysteria”
12. “Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad”
13. “Make Love Like A Man”
14. “Action”
15. “When Love & Hate Collide”
16. “Rock of Ages”
17. “Personal Jesus”

Disc 2

1. “Let’s Go”
2. “Promises”
3. “Slang”
4. “Bringin’ On The Heartbreak”
5. “Rock On (Radio Remix)”
6. “Nine Lives” (feat. Tim McGraw)
7. “Work It Out”
8. “Stand Up”
9. “Dangerous”
10. “Now”
11. “Undefeated”
12. “Tonight”
13. “C’Mon C’Mon”
14. “Man Enough”
15. “No Matter What”
16. “All I Want Is Everything”
17. “It’s All About Believing”
18. “Kings Of The World”

HYSTERIA: THE SINGLES TRACKLISTING:

DISC ONE: Women / Tear It Down (US Version)

DISC TWO: Animal / I Wanna Be Your Hero (US Version)

DISC THREE: Hysteria / Ride in To the Sun (Int Version)

DISC FOUR: Pour Some Sugar on Me / Ring of Fire (US Version)

DISC FIVE: Love Bites / Billy’s Got A Gun (Live)(Int Version)

DISC SIX: Armageddon It / Release Me (Can Version)

DISC SEVEN: Rocket / Woman (Live) (US Version)

DISC EIGHT: Excitable / Run Riot (Album Version)

DISC NINE: Love and Affection / Don’t Shoot Shotgun (Album Version)

DISC TEN: Animal / Tear It Down (Spanish Artwork Version)

Enlace al comentario

On 18 de septiembre de 2018 at 13:51, Patagonia dijo:

se viene nueva versión de Axis Bold As Love de Hendrix, de la mano de Berni Grundman para Analogue Productions. Versiones en SACD, vinilos Stereo y Mono y usando los mejores ultra mega atómicos cuánticos sistemas de grabación, vinilo transparente más puro que tu hermana e inspección a mano para cada disco el que vendrá por supuesto con su certificado de calidad individual. Producto pa escuchar o pa los especuladores coleccionistas ya se sabra´...

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/130940/The_Jimi_Hendrix_Experience-Axis_Bold_As_Love-UHQR_Vinyl_Record

tempAUHQR_0001__130940__11272017023720-2

The pinnacle of high-quality vinyl — the Ultra High Quality Record (UHQR™) returns!

Definitive handmade limited run reissue of Jimi Hendrix Axis: Bold As Love

Newly remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original master tapes

Stereo release limited to 5,000 copies

Pressed at Quality Record Pressings using Clarity Vinyl on a manual Finebilt press

Purest possible pressing and most visually stunning presentation and packaging!

Includes 16-page booklet with recording session info and an essay written by Brad Tolinski, former editor of Guitar World Magazine

"The Axis UHQR cut is amazing — full bodied, detailed, powerful and engaging. Very impressive. The best pressing of the record I have ever heard."  Bill Levenson, Grammy Award-winning reissue producer

Analogue Productions, the audiophile in-house reissue label of Acoustic Sounds, Inc., together with Quality Record Pressings, is reintroducing one of the most revered brands in LP history — the Ultra High Quality Record (UHQR™), originally introduced by JVC Japan in the 1980s!

Analogue Productions presents its first UHQR™ title — Jimi Hendrix's 1967 masterpiece, Axis: Bold As Love, in both stereo and mono versions. This UHQR™ is newly remastered by noted mastering engineer Bernie Grundman from the original analog master tapes. Each UHQR™ will be pressed at Acoustic Sounds' industry-leading pressing plant Quality Record Pressings (QRP) using hand-selected Clarity Vinyl® on a manual Finebilt press with attention paid to every single detail of every single record. The 200-gram records will feature the same flat profile that helped to make the original UHQR™ so desirable. From the lead-in groove to the run-out groove, there is no pitch to the profile, allowing the customer's stylus to play truly perpendicular to the grooves from edge to center. Clarity Vinyl® allows for the purest possible pressing and the most visually stunning presentation. Every UHQR™ will be hand inspected upon pressing completion, and only the truly flawless will be allowed to go to market. Each UHQR™ will be packaged in a deluxe box and will include a booklet detailing the entire process of making a UHQR™ along with a hand-signed certificate of inspection. This will be a truly deluxe, collectible product.

Each Axis UHQR™ will be available as two versions: mono and stereo. The stereo release will be limited to 5,000 copies, while the mono release will be limited to 1,500 copies. The deluxe box will be gold foil numbered.

Axis: Bold As Love, the sensational sophomore release of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, showcased Hendrix's expansive experimentation while acknowledging his early R&B and soul music influences. The album features classics such as "Spanish Castle Magic," "Little Wing," "Castles Made Of Sand," and "If 6 Was 9."

As Rolling Stone states, Jimi Hendrix was the most innovative instrumental genius the rock era produced, a wizard guitar player whose sense of technique never overwhelmed the blues and rock 'n' roll spirit that was the underpinning of his genius. He improvised with the fervor of a born jazzman; he philosophized like the most cosmic rocker, but ultimately his basics were rooted in soul, a reflection of the chitlin circuit, where he cut his teeth.

With the possible exception of Cream, The Jimi Hendrix Experience was debatably the world's finest-ever power trio. Axis was a showcase for Jimi's brash, scintillating songs and the grasp that Jimi and his cohorts — Mitch Mitchell on drums and Noel Redding on bass — had on the studio technology at their disposal, and the lyrical beauty of Hendrix's guitar playing.

• "The most lasting song for many is the awe-inspiring 'Little Wing.' With its perfect blend of lead and rhythm guitar (the song's introductory phrases blurred the line forever between the two), the tune is a pure, simple thing of beauty ... In true 1967 style, the production on Axis is superb. Jimi never sounded as vulnerable and accessible, vocally and instrumentally, while the analog thud of Mitch Mitchell and the solid basslines of Reddding were the ultimate rhythm section of the day — with a nod, of course, to Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, their only rivals in so many respects." — 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

"(Axis) followed up Hendrix's groundbreaking debut effort with a solid collection of great tunes and great interactive playing between himself, Noel Redding, Mitch Mitchell, and the recording studio itself. Wisely retaining manager Chas Chandler to produce the album and Eddie Kramer as engineer, Hendrix stretched further musically than the first album, but even more so as a songwriter. He was still quite capable of coming up with spacy rockers like 'You Got Me Floating,' 'Up from the Skies,' and 'Little Miss Lover,' radio-ready to follow on the commercial heels of 'Foxey Lady' and 'Purple Haze.' But the beautiful, wistful ballads 'Little Wing,' 'Castles Made of Sand,' 'One Rainy Wish,' and the title track set closer show remarkable growth and depth as a tunesmith, harnessing Curtis Mayfield soul guitar to Dylanesque lyrical imagery and Fuzz Face hyperactivity to produce yet another side to his grand psychedelic musical vision." — AllMusic

Bottom line, January of 1968 brought Axis: Bold As Love to the U.S., an album that expanded Jimi's six-string flame with celestial clarity, and also brought his rapidly evolving songwriting gift to the fore. It was recorded at Olympic Studios in London by Eddie Kramer.

This reissue was cut to lacquer by Bernie Grundman. The plating at QRP was directed by Gary Salstrom, master plating technician and QRP general manager.

The Axis: Bold As Love UHQR™ will include a 16-page booklet featuring recording information from the sessions at Olympic Studios in London and an essay written by Brad Tolinski, former editor of Guitar World Magazine.

More About Clarity Vinyl

As we set out to make the world's best vinyl record, we began by establishing a set of exacting standards to address all of the components that comprise an LP. We call our records made under these strict standards Ultra High Quality Records (UHQR™). Most audiophiles would understand that the list of critical components in UHQR includes recording, mastering, plating, pressing and quality control. But some may stop short of considering the raw material used to make the record: the vinyl itself.

We did some research and learned some interesting things about the history of the iconic black vinyl record. The most compelling revelation to us was the fact that LP vinyl is not black in its pure state. The off-white color of the record you are about to listen to is the color of raw vinyl in its purest form (un-tinted vinyl). The black color you're used to seeing is a colorant called "carbon black" that was part of the original compound formulation used in old shellac records. As vinyl compound replaced shellac-based compound, carbon black continued to be used as a colorant. We've expected our records to be black ever since.

To make the ultimate record, we decided to enhance sound quality by removing anything we believed could detract from it. Record styli vibrate (or jitter) on a microscopic level, and any particles of carbon black pigment that happen to be on the surface of the groove could introduce surface noise. By not adding carbon black to our Clarity Vinyl®, we eliminate the possibility of noise contamination due to carbon black particles. Instead, your stylus is allowed to effortlessly slide down a glossy and silky smooth groove wall.

When we purchased Classic Records, the brand name Clarity Vinyl® came with it. We're proud to have resurrected, refined and trademarked Clarity Vinyl®, the perfect canvas for our masterpiece: vinyl in its purest form.

Igual la edición del 2010 suena muy buena y es hecho en Quality Records de los master de 2 track análogos . 

Enlace al comentario

Hoy recién me enteré que este discazo del 98 acaba de se lanzado por primera vez en vinilo el pasado 5 de octubre por MOV. 20 años después...

Nunca supe que saldría así que ya no es un “próximo lanzamiento”

9cf0b9eb51777b5ed425144800a7a3f5.jpg

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/fear-factory/obsolete#.W8ksqxYyGaM

Enlace al comentario

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/paul-mccartney-wings-wild-life-and-red-rose-speedway-reissues/#more-144927

wildred_comp480-480x480.jpg

Two albums reissued in Dec • Lavish box set editions • Ltd 11-disc box with bonus book and CD • Two vinyl sets for Red Rose Speedway

Paul McCartney continues his ‘Archive Collection’ reissue series in December with two early Wings albums: Wild Life from 1971 and Red Rose Speedway from 1973. Both are issued as lavish super deluxe box sets (as well as all the other usual formats) and are also collected in an expensive Wings 1971-1973 limited edition box set that features additional books and audio.

With 1970’s McCartney a solo album and the following year’s RAM credited to Paul and Linda McCartney, WildLife (an album I have always called ‘Wings Wildlife’!) was effectively the long-playing debut from Wings. It was released only seven months after RAM in December ’71. There were no singles at all from this album, although in 1972 a series of non-album 45s were released: ‘Give Ireland Back To The Irish’, ‘Mary Had A Little Lamb’ and ‘Hi Hi Hi’ / ‘C-Moon’. All are included as bonus tracks (with their respective B-sides) on these new reissues.

In 1973 Paul did the same thing as 1971 – he released two albums. So Red Rose Speedway was issued in late April/early May, while Band On The Run appeared in December. Paul was a very busy boy. The album reached number one on the US charts and is best known for its one and only single ‘My Love’, a UK top ten hit just before the release of the album. As many diehard fans will know, Red Rose Speedway was originally conceived as a double, but ultimately edited down to a single album for release. The box set and a special 2LP vinyl edition reconstruct what would have been the ‘double album’ “based on original acetates and master tapes from the period”.

wildlife_spread_600.jpg
Wild Life super deluxe edition features 3CD+DVD 

Let’s talk more about the reissues. Both albums have been remastered at Abbey Road Studios. That’s a given. The Wild Life box set is three CDs and a DVD and includes a remarkably generous selection of audio – 25 bonus tracks including rough mixes of the album, original single edits, B-sides, home recordings and other previously unreleased material. No ‘download only’ audio here (you spoke, they listened – perhaps). CD 2 is the ‘rough mixes’ while CD 3 rounds up A-sides, B-sides, home recordings and outtakes.

The DVD features rare footage of acoustic home videos, rehearsals and more. The packaging looks consistent with the last few, so what you have is a slipcase into which slot a few books. The ‘main’ book is a 128-page tome written by David Fricke which tells the story of the album etc., but there is also a 48-page scrapbook of tour diaries (from the 1972 tour), lyrics, setlists, unpublished polaroids and the like. As with all the other super deluxe sets Wild Life comes with a download redemption card which will provide access to all audio in HD 24/96kHz unlimited high-resolution versions. So no physical hi-res.

The 2LP and 2CD editions of Wild Life are effectively CD 1 and CD 3 from the box set. So as usual you get the bonus tracks on vinyl. The 2LP vinyl edition has the records housed in a high-quality retro-style ‘tip on’ gatefold sleeve (with a 12-page 10-inch booklet) which I think is a first, and includes a download card (320kbps MP3).

redrose_spread_600.jpg

McCartney was apparently adamant that the Flowers in the Dirt deluxe should contain no more than four physical discs. Well for Red Rose Speedway he’s giving you SIX discs (3CD+2DVD+blu-ray). Go figure. This is a new record for an Archive Collection box set (RAM had five discs).

Of the three CDs, the first is the remastered album, the second is the unreleased ‘double album’ edition of Red Rose Speedway and the third rounds up singles, B-sides, rough mixes and various ad-hoc tracks. Macca’s team claim 35 bonus audio selections in total, although that does include the repeated tracks that are on the original album and the double.

So why does this set have two DVDs and – for the first time in a McCartney reissue – a blu-ray? Well the first DVD is the standard fare. It includes ‘rare and previously unseen footage’ including the James Paul McCartney TV Special, interviews, music videos etc. The second DVD features the never before seen film The Bruce McMouse Show. This shelved production features concert footage from the Wings Over Europetour of 1972 intercut with animations with a cartoon character called ‘Bruce McMouse’ who lives under the stage. The Bruce McMouse Show has been fully restored and remixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound. This second DVD is repeated on blu-ray with 5.1 Surround DTS-HD Master Audio sound and 24bit 96kHz/PCM Stereo 24bit 96kHz (the DVD has Dolby Digital 5.1 surround too). Despite blu-ray’s enormous capacity, they haven’t included any hi-res album or bonus track audio alongside this Bruce McMouse content, which seems a little bit of a missed opportunity.

The Red Rose Speedway box set includes a “folio containing 14 replica hand drawn original character sketches by Paul and facsimile dialogue sheets for the film”, a 128-page book with rare images, the story of the album and five replica handwritten lyric sheets and photo print, and  a 64-page ‘Wings In Morocco’ photo book, all housed in a numbered outer slipcase. Again, you get a hi-res download card.

redrose_double.jpg

Like Wild Life the Red Rose Speedway reissue is available as a two-CD set. This is the standard album and CD 3 from the box set (bonus tracks) so if you want the original unreleased double album on CD you have to buy the box set. However there are TWO versions of the 2LP vinyl. One is as per the two-CD (ie album and bonus tracks) but the other (pictured above) is a special recreation of said ‘double album’ version. The ‘standard’ 2LP vinyl is a ‘tip-on’ gatefold sleeve. The reconstructed double isn’t a gatefold. The two records slot into a single outer sleeve along with a 10-inch booklet. As you can see it has groovy unique cover art.

wingsovereurope2_600.jpg

As if all this isn’t enough to get your head around, there is more!! Paul has created a limited edition Paul McCartney and Wings: 1971-1973 box set that features both album box sets as well as an exclusive Wings Over Europe 96-page photo book, facsimile 1972 tour programme and on CD a previously unreleased, newly mixed Wings Over Europe 20-track set recorded across five shows. This 11-disc set (four from Wild Life, six from Red Rose Speedway and the bonus live CD) come packaged in a special seven-colour screen printed box, inspired by the 1972 Wings Over Europe tour bus. All the audio is downloadable as 24bit 96kHz unlimited high-resolution audio versions.

All of this is released on 7 December 2018. The massive Paul McCartney and Wings: 1971-1973, as described above, will only be available direct-to-consumer via Paul’s sites and some associated channels (i.e. they won’t be on Amazon). The only link I can find right now is via his US site. Links below will get updated as and when.

Wild Life – 3CD+DVD super deluxe edition

CD1 – Remastered Album
1. Mumbo (2018 Remaster)
2. Bip Bop (2018 Remaster)
3. Love Is Strange (2018 Remaster)
4. Wild Life (2018 Remaster)
5. Some People Never Know (2018 Remaster)
6. I Am Your Singer (2018 Remaster)
7. Bip Bop Link (2018 Remaster)
8. Tomorrow (2018 Remaster)
9. Dear Friend (2018 Remaster)
10. Mumbo Link (2018 Remaster)

CD2 – Rough Mixes
1. Mumbo [Rough Mix]
2. Bip Bop [Rough Mix]
3. Love Is Strange (Version) [Rough Mix]
4. Wild Life [Rough Mix]
5. Some People Never Know [Rough Mix]
6. I Am Your Singer [Rough Mix]
7. Tomorrow [Rough Mix]
8. Dear Friend [Rough Mix]

CD3 – Bonus Audio
1. Good Rockin’ Tonight [Home Recording]
2. Bip Bop [Home Recording]
3. Hey Diddle [Home Recording]
4. She Got It Good [Home Recording]
5. I Am Your Singer [Home Recording]
6. Outtake I
7. Dear Friend [Home Recording I]
8. Dear Friend [Home Recording II]
9. Outtake II
10. Indeed I Do
11. When The Wind Is Blowing
12. The Great Cock And Seagull Race [Rough Mix]
13. Outtake III
14. Give Ireland Back To The Irish
15. Give Ireland Back To The Irish (Version)
16. Love Is Strange [Single Edit]
17. African Yeah Yeah

DVD – Bonus Video
1. Scotland, 1971
2. The Ball
3. ICA Rehearsals
4. Give Ireland Back To The Irish (Rehearsal)

Plus 24bit 96kHz unlimited high-resolution audio download of the remastered album and bonus audio

redrose_spread_600.jpg

Red Rose Speedway 3CD+2DVD+blu-ray audio super deluxe

CD1 – Remastered Album
1. Big Barn Bed (2018 Remaster)
2. My Love (2018 Remaster)
3. Get On The Right Thing (2018 Remaster)
4. One More Kiss (2018 Remaster)
5. Little Lamb Dragonfly (2018 Remaster)
6. Single Pigeon (2018 Remaster)
7. When The Night (2018 Remaster)
8. Loup (1st Indian On The Moon) (2018 Remaster)
9. Medley (2018 Remaster)
* a) Hold Me Tight
* b) Lazy Dynamite
* c) Hands Of Love
* d) Power Cut

CD2 – “Double Album”
1. Night Out
2. Get On The Right Thing
3. Country Dreamer
4. Big Barn Bed
5. My Love
6. Single Pigeon
7. When The Night
8. Seaside Woman
9. I Lie Around
10. The Mess [Live At The Hague]
11. Best Friend [Live In Antwerp]
12. Loup (1st Indian On The Moon)
13. Medley
* a) Hold Me Tight
* b) Lazy Dynamite
* c) Hands Of Love
* d) Power Cut
14. Mama’s Little Girl
15. I Would Only Smile
16. One More Kiss
17. Tragedy
18. Little Lamb Dragonfly

CD3 – Bonus Audio
1. Mary Had A Little Lamb
2. Little Woman Love
3. Hi, Hi, Hi
4. C Moon
5. Live And Let Die
6. Get On The Right Thing [Early Mix]
7. Little Lamb Dragonfly [Early Mix]
8. Little Woman Love [Early Mix]
9. 1882 [Home Recording]
10. Big Barn Bed [Rough Mix]
11. The Mess
12. Thank You Darling
13. Mary Had A Little Lamb [Rough Mix]
14. 1882 [Live In Berlin]
15. 1882
16. Jazz Street
17. Live And Let Die [Group Only, Take 10]

DVD 1 – Bonus Video
1. Music Videos
2. James Paul McCartney TV Special
3. Live And Let Die [Live in Liverpool]
4. Newcastle Interview

DVD 2 – Bonus Film
1. The Bruce McMouse Show
5.1 Surround Dolby Digital, 16bit 48kHz /PCM Stereo

Blu-Ray – The Bruce McMouse Show
5.1 Surround DTS-HD Master Audio, 24bit 96kHz/PCM Stereo 24bit 96kHz

Plus 24bit 96kHz unlimited high-resolution audio download of the remastered album and bonus audio.

wildlife2LP370-300x300.jpg

Wild Life – 2LP deluxe

Side A
1. Mumbo (2018 Remaster)
3. Love Is Strange (2018 Remaster)
4. Wild Life (2018 Remaster)

Side B
1. Some People Never Know (2018 Remaster)
2. I Am Your Singer (2018 Remaster)
3. Bip Bop (Link) (2018 Remaster)
4. Tomorrow (2018 Remaster)
5. Dear Friend (2018 Remaster)
6. Mumbo (Link) (2018 Remaster)

Side C
6. Outtake I
9. Outtake II

Side D
1. Indeed I Do
2. When The Wind Is Blowing
3. The Great Cock And Seagull Race [Rough Mix]
4. Outtake III
5. Give Ireland Back To The Irish
6. Give Ireland Back To The Irish (Version)
7. Love Is Strange [Single Edit]
8. African Yeah Yeah

redrose_lp70.jpg

Red Rose Speedway – 2LP deluxe

Side a
1. Big Barn Ben (2018 Remaster)

Side b
1. Single Pigeon (2018 Remaster)
2. When The Night (2018 Remaster)
3. Loup (2018 Remaster)
4. Medley (2018 Remaster)
*(a) Hold Me Tight
*(b) Lazy Dynamite
*(c) Hands Of Love
*(d) Power Cut

Side c
2. Little Woman Love
3. Hi, Hi, Hi
4. C Moon
5. Live And Let Die
6. I Lie Around

Side d
1. Thank You Darling
2. 1882 [Live In Berlin]
3. The Mess [Live At The Hague]
4. Jazz Street
5. Live And Let Die [Group Only, Take 10]

redrose_double.jpg

Red Rose Speedway – 2LP ‘Double Album’

Red Rose Speedway – “Double Album” is the originally conceived version of the album, though it was ultimately stripped back to a single vinyl. For this limited release it has been reconstructed based on original acetates and master tapes from the period. It is now available for the first time on LP. This edition is pressed onto 180gram vinyl x2 and comes housed in a single outer sleeve with a 12-page 10” booklet plus a 320kbps MP3 download redemption card.

Side a
1. Night Out
2. Get On The Right Thing
3. Country Dreamer
4. Big Barn Bed
5. My Love

Side b
1. Single Pigeon
2. When The Night
3. Seaside Woman
4. I Lie Around
5. The Mess [Live At The Hague]

Side c
1. Best Friend [Live In Antwerp]
2. Loup (1st Indian On The Moon)
3. Medley:
* (a) Hold Me Tight
* (b) Lazy Dynamite
* (c) Hands Of Love
* (d) Power Cut

Side d
1. Mama’s Little Girl
2. I Would Only Smile
3. One More Kiss
4. Tragedy
5. Little Lamb Dragonfly

wildlife_2cd_spread.jpg

Wild Life 2CD digi-pak edition

CD1 – Remastered Album
1. Mumbo (2018 Remaster)
3. Love Is Strange (2018 Remaster)
4. Wild Life (2018 Remaster)
5. Some People Never Know (2018 Remaster)
6. I Am Your Singer (2018 Remaster)
7. Bip Bop (Link) (2018 Remaster)
8. Tomorrow (2018 Remaster)
9. Dear Friend (2018 Remaster)
10. Mumbo (Link) (2018 Remaster)

CD 2 – Bonus Audio
6. Outtake I
9. Outtake II
10. Indeed I Do
11. When The Wind Is Blowing
12. The Great Cock And Seagull Race [Rough Mix]
13. Outtake III
14. Give Ireland Back To The Irish
15. Give Ireland Back To The Irish (Version)
16. Love Is Strange [Single Edit]
17. African Yeah Yeah

redrose2CD_spread.jpg

Red Rose Speedway 2CD digi-pak edition

CD 1 – Remastered Album
1. Big Barn Bed (2018 Remaster)
6. Single Pigeon (2018 Remaster)
7. When The Night (2018 Remaster)
8. Loup (1st Indian On The Moon) (2018 Remaster)
9. Medley (2018 Remaster)
*(a) Hold Me Tight
*(b) Lazy Dynamite
*(c) Hands Of Love
*(d) Power Cut

CD 2 – Bonus Audio
2. Little Woman Love
3. Hi, Hi, Hi
4. C Moon
5. The Mess [Live At The Hague]
6. Live And Let Die
7. I Lie Around
8. Night Out
9. Country Dreamer
10. Seaside Woman
11. Best Friend [Live In Antwerp]
12. Mama’s Little Girl
13. I Would Only Smile
14. Tragedy
15. Thank You Darling
16. 1882 [Live In Berlin]
17. Jazz Street
18. Live And Let Die [Group Only, Take 10]

wingsbox7173.jpg

Paul McCartney and Wings: 1971-1973

Wild Life – Limited Deluxe Edition CD/DVD Box Set
4 disc (3CD + 1DVD) numbered limited deluxe edition featuring:
– The original album, remastered at Abbey Road Studios, London
– 25 bonus audio tracks across 2 discs, featuring rough mixes of the album, original single edits, B-sides, home recordings and previously unreleased tracks
– DVD featuring acoustic home videos, rehearsals and behind-the-scenes footage
– Downloadable 24bit 96kHz unlimited high-resolution audio versions of the remastered album and bonus audio tracks
– 128-page book containing many previously unpublished images by Linda McCartney, expanded album and single artwork from the archives and the story behind the album — including expanded track-by-track information and new interviews with Paul McCartney and key album personnel, written by David Fricke
– Folio containing a 48-page scrapbook of tour diaries, lyrics and set lists, unpublished Polaroids, lyrics, notes and memorabilia from the MPL archives

Red Rose Speedway – Limited Deluxe Edition CD/DVD Box Set
6 disc (3CD, 2DVD + Blu-ray) numbered limited deluxe edition featuring:
– The original #1 album, remastered at Abbey Road Studios, London
– 35 bonus audio tracks across 2 discs, featuring a reconstruction of the originally planned “double album”, singles, B-sides, alternate mixes and unreleased tracks
– The Bruce McMouse Show — The never-before-seen film on DVD and high-resolution Blu-ray, fully restored and remixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound
– DVD featuring rare and previously unseen footage including the James Paul McCartney TV Special, interviews and music videos
– Downloadable 24bit 96kHz unlimited high-resolution audio versions of the remastered album and bonus audio discs
– 128-page book containing many previously unpublished images by Linda McCartney, expanded album and single artwork from the archives and story behind the album — including new interviews with Paul McCartney, and key album personnel — and expanded track-by-track information, written by Amanda Petrusich
– 64-page photo book capturing ‘Wings In Morocco’
– Folio containing Paul McCartney’s hand-drawn original character sketches and dialogue sheets for The Bruce McMouse Show

Wings Over Europe
– Previously unreleased, newly mixed Wings Over Europe 20 track set recorded across 5 shows on 1CD
– Introduction from Paul McCartney talking about his memories of the 1972 tour
– 96-page photobook including previously unreleased images by Linda McCartney
– Replicated 1972 Wings Over Europe tour programme
– Downloadable 24bit 96kHz unlimited high-resolution audio versions

Enlace al comentario