Saltar al contenido
Pegar imágenes en el foro, mediante equipos móviles ×

Próximos lanzamientos en la Música

ponkine

Pucha Samara, creía que ibas a caer y que íbamos a comenzar su buena mocha de viernes. Me decepcionas, jaja. Y sí,  Gilmour no es letrista, de hecho su mujer le hace las letras -fuera de hueveo- pero me refería a la llamada etapa Gilmour y sus composiciones musicales en la etapa Waters.

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

1 hour ago, ciudadanovivanco dijo:

Pucha Samara, creía que ibas a caer y que íbamos a comenzar su buena mocha de viernes. Me decepcionas, jaja. Y sí,  Gilmour no es letrista, de hecho su mujer le hace las letras -fuera de hueveo- pero me refería a la llamada etapa Gilmour y sus composiciones musicales en la etapa Waters.

Hay discusiones mucho mas importantes en este momento en el país. 

Bon Scott muy superior al gritón del Brian

Lee Roth mas original, mejor registro y mucho mas maraco que Sammy

En fin...

Enlace al comentario

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Final-Tour-1968-4CD-Boxset-Exclusive-Print/6BY30000000?utm_campaign=CreamTBC20191129&utm_content=UMGUK14682-694114&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email&utm_umguk=cream.lnk.to%2FGoodbyeTourLive68UM%3Fvvsa_consumer_id%3D1659661%26vvsa_tracking%3D_vvsa_n8COUpCl325936

Cream: Final Tour 1968: 4CD Boxset + Exclusive Print

UMC is delighted to announce a special edition of Cream’s album Goodbye, ‘Goodbye Tour – Live 1968’ for release in early 2020. This is the first authorised release of these four historic complete 1968 concerts. Each concert features previously unreleased tracks and the Royal Albert Hall show hasn’t featured on CD until now.

Having decided to call it quits whilst on tour in the US during May 1968 by way of a farewell Cream agreed to undertake more live shows, predominantly in the US later that same year plus 2 final UK dates at the Royal Albert Hall that November.

Originally released in Feb 1969, Goodbye originally mixed live performances from those last tour dates with a handful of studio recordings and rose to the UK no.1 slot and no.2 on the US Billboard. Goodbye Tour – Live 1968, as the name suggests expands the recordings from the 3-piece powerhouse’s last tour.

This historic collection was produced by Bill Levenson. The Oakland Coliseum, Los Angeles Forum and San Diego Sports Arena concerts were mastered from the original 1968 analog mix reels by Kevin Reeves at Universal Mastering, Nashville, TN. The Royal Albert Hall concert was mastered from the original 1968 analog transfer reels by Jason NeSmith at Chase Park Transduction, Athens, GA.

The set features 36 tracks of which 29 are issued for the first time.

Enlace al comentario

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the-alan-parsons-project-ammonia-avenue-3cd-1-blu-ray-2-x-12-inch-vinyl-limited-edition-deluxe-box-set/

ALAN-PARSONS-AMMONIA-AVENUE-3D-packshot-scaled.jpg

A DELUXE LIMITED EDITION BOXED SET OF THE CLASSIC ALBUM BY THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT
• NEWLY REMASTERED & REMIXED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES BY ALAN PARSONS
• FEATURING 3 CDs, 1 BLU-RAY DISC (NTSTC/ REGION FREE) & 2 x 45 RPM 12-INCH VINYL IN GATEFOLD SLEEVE
• FEATURING AN ADDITIONAL 53 BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM ERIC WOOLFSON’S SONGWRITING DIARIES, STUDIO SESSION OUT-TAKES AND STUNNING NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND & STEREO MIXES FROM THE ORIGINAL MULTI-TRACK MASTER TAPES BY ALAN PARSONS AND THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS OF ‘DON’T ANSWER ME’ & ‘PRIME TIME’
• INCLUDES A LAVISHLY ILLUSTRATED BOOK WITH NEW ESSAY FEATURING RECOLLECTIONS FROM ALAN PARSONS, THE WOOLFSON FAMILY, DAVID PATON & IAN BAIRNSON, A REPLICA POSTER & A REPRODUCTION PRESS KIT FOLDER.

Esoteric Recordings is proud to announce the release of a new re-mastered limited edition deluxe expanded boxed set of the classic album AMMONIA AVENUE by THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT.

First released in February 1984, AMMONIA AVENUE was the seventh album by THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, the brainchild of composer, musician and manger ERIC WOOLFSON and celebrated producer and engineer ALAN PARSONS. The inspiration for the album title came from a visit Woolfson had made to the ICI Chemical plant in Billingham, England after meeting ICI chairman Sir John Harvey-Jones on a flight from New York. Upon visiting the plant, Eric Woolfson noticed a long street called Ammonia Avenue, devoid of people and trees and dominated by miles of pipes.

The album sessions featured the contribution of musicians such as Ian Bairnson (guitars), David Paton (bass), Stuart Elliott (drums) with Eric Woolfson playing keyboards and lead vocals on four of the album’s nine songs. Colin Blustone, Chris Rainbow and Lenny Zakatek also provided lead vocals on the remaining songs. AMMONIA AVENUE would become one of the biggest selling albums for THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, attaining gold status in many European countries and the USA. The album featured such classic compositions as DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE, SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE and the stunning title track. AMMONIA AVENUE also spawned the hit singles ‘DON’T ANSWER ME’ (a Top Ten hit throughout Europe and in the USA) and ‘PRIME TIME’.

This deluxe edition comprises 3CDs, a Blu-Ray disc (NTSC / Region Free) and vinyl edition of a new stereo mix of AMMONIA AVENUE as two 12-inch 45rpm discs (cut at ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS). The set has been newly re-mastered from the original master tapes under the supervision of ALAN PARSONS and features an additional 53 bonus tracks drawn from ERIC WOOLFSON’s song-writing diaries, studio session out-takes and stunning new 5.1 surround sound & stereo mixes from the original multi-track master tapes by ALAN PARSONS plus the promotional videos of ‘DON’T ANSWER ME’ & ‘PRIME TIME’.

This stunning set also houses a lavish illustrated book with a new essay with unseen photos and features recollections from ALAN PARSONS, the WOOLFSON family and from musicians IAN BAIRNSON and DAVID PATON. It also includes a reproduction poster and a reproduction press kit folder. This deluxe edition of AMMONIA AVENUE is the definitive treatment of a special album.

DISC ONE: CD
“AMMONIA AVENUE” ORIGINAL STEREO MIX –
NEWLY RE-MASTERED

1. PRIME TIME (2020 RE-MASTER)
2. LET ME GO HOME (2020 RE-MASTER)
3. ONE GOOD REASON (2020 RE-MASTER)
4. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (2020 RE-MASTER)
5. DON’T ANSWER ME (2020 RE-MASTER)
6. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (2020 RE-MASTER)
7. YOU DON’T BELIEVE (2020 RE-MASTER)
8. PIPELINE (2020 RE-MASTER)
9. AMMONIA AVENUE (2020 RE-MASTER)
BONUS TRACKS
10. DON’T ANSWER ME (EARLY ROUGH MIX)
11. YOU DON’T BELIEVE (DEMO)
12. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE
(CHRIS RAINBOW VOCAL OVERDUBS)
13. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE
(ERIC GUIDE VOCAL – ROUGH MIX)
14. YOU DON’T BELIEVE (INSTRUMENTAL TRIBUTE TO THE SHADOWS)
15. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE / SPOTLIGHT (WORK IN PROGRESS)
16. AMMONIA AVENUE PART (ERIC DEMO VOCAL)
17. AMMONIA AVENUE (ORCHESTRAL OVERDUBS)

DISC TWO: CD

ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARIES

1. PRIME TIME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 1)
2. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 1)
3. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 2)
4. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 3)
5. ONE GOOD REASON (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 4)
6. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY)
7. DON’T ANSWER ME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY)
8. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 1)
9. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 2)
10. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 3)
11. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 1)
12. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 2)
13. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 3)
14. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY 4)
15. DON’T TAKE CHANCES WITH ME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY)
16. YOU’LL BE SURPRISED (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY)
17. WISH I WAS MILES AWAY (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY)
18. TOBY’S THEME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY)
19. AMELIE’S THEME (ERIC’S SONGWRITING DIARY)

DISC THREE: CD

STUDIO BONUS TRACKS

1. AMMONIA AVENUE RADIO ADVERT
2. PRIME TIME (ERIC WOOLFSON DEMO VOCAL ON ROUGH MIX)
3. PRIME TIME (MUSO’S EXPERIMENTING)
4. LET ME GO HOME (ROUGH BACKING TRACK)
5. ONE GOOD REASON
(ERIC WOOLFSON VOCAL WITH ROUGH MIX)
6. ONE GOOD REASON (ROUGH BACKING TRACK)
7. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE (ROUGH BACKING TRACK)
8. DON’T ANSWER ME (ERIC WOOLFSON VOCAL WITH ROUGH MIX)
9. DON’T ANSWER ME (MUSO’S EXPERIMENTING)
10. DON’T ANSWER ME
(BACKING TRACK – BEFORE PHIL SPECTOR
TREATMENT AND ALTERNATIVE SAX SOLO)
11. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE
(ERIC WOOLFSON DEMO VOCAL ON ROUGH
BACKING TRACK)
12. YOU DON’T BELIEVE
(ALAN PARSONS DEMO VOCAL ON ROUGH MIX)
13. AMMONIA AVENUE
(ERIC WOOLFSON DEMO VOCAL WITH
ORCHESTRAL ROUGH MIX)
14. AMMONIA AVENUE (CHRIS RAINBOW BACKING VOCALS)
15. AMMONIA AVENUE (INSTRUMENTAL SECTION ROUGH MIX)
16. AMMONIA AVENUE (ERIC WOOLFSON PIANO TAKES)
17. AP 1 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BACKING TRACK)

DISC FOUR: BLU RAY
5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX (2019) &
HIGH RESOLUTION STEREO REMIX (2019)
BY ALAN PARSONS

1. PRIME TIME
(5.1 SURROUND MIX / NEW STEREO MIX)
2. LET ME GO HOME
3. ONE GOOD REASON
4. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE
5. DON’T ANSWER ME
6. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE
7. YOU DON’T BELIEVE
8. PIPELINE
9. AMMONIA AVENUE

THE PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS
1. DON’T ANSWER ME (PROMOTIONAL VIDEO)
2. PRIME TIME (PROMOTIONAL VIDEO)

45 rpm 12” VINYL

“AMMONIA AVENUE”
THE NEW STEREO REMIX
BY ALAN PARSONS
(2 x 45 RPM 12-INCH)

SIDE ONE
1. PRIME TIME
2. LET ME GO HOME
3. ONE GOOD REASON

SIDE TWO
1. SINCE THE LAST GOODBYE
2. DON’T ANSWER ME

SIDE THREE
1. DANCING ON A HIGHWIRE
2. YOU DON’T BELIEVE

SIDE FOUR
1. PIPELINE
2. AMMONIA AVENUE

Enlace al comentario

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.mofi.com/product-p/udsacd2118.htm?utm_source=mofi_campaigner&utm_campaign=20_0102_bufferfly_sacd_old_list&cmp=1&utm_medium=email

UDSACD2118-2.jpg

Mastered from the Original Master Tapes, Limited to 2,000 Numbered Copies: Hybrid SACD Places the Organ-Drenched Music on a Grand-Scale Soundstage

Few songs are more instantly recognized – or more influential, infamous, and, yes, notorious – than Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida." The anchor of the mind-trip of an album of the same name, it occupies an entire side of an LP and runs for 17 minutes and five seconds, both bold moves in 1968 that changed how artists approached music in the studio and how listeners experienced it at home. The California-based group's sophomore record also blew open the possibilities associated with psychedelia, heavy arrangements, and suggested meanings. And with apologies to those who might've heard it in a chemical haze in the late 1960s, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida has never sounded more transformative than it does now.

Mastered from the original master tapes and strictly limited to 2,000 numbered copies, Mobile Fidelity's hybrid SACD places the work's organ-drenched melodies, acid-rock scope, mind-warping effects, and cauldron-bubbling rhythms on a soundstage as massive as the concert stage depicted on the album cover. Sonically, this collectible audiophile reissue offers elite levels of separation, balance, and imaging that put the quartet's accomplishments into greater perspective. From start to finish, the set exudes the flavor, feel, and textures of the late 1960s' most celebrated recordings, traits that reveal themselves as immediately obvious the moment the SACD starts to spin.

Often overlooked, the first side of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida features a wealth of period-era garage rock and stoner pop teeming with hummable hooks, fuzz-guitar riffs, and a decidedly mystical aura. Songs such as the strolling "Are You Happy" and cryptically spiritual "My Mirage" beg for inclusion on any of Lenny Kaye's renowned Nuggets compilations not to mention placement alongside the finest Doors material of the era. Led by Doug Ingle's distinctive and patient baritone, the tunes seemingly dangle in space and prepare the senses for the unexpected.

And that moment arrives as soon as Ingle's fingers dance across his organ keys and a come-hither groove – at once adventurous and alluring, deranged and sinister, hallucinatory and chromatic – kicks in and doesn't again let up until you've been dragged through a vibrant cosmic universe. Long rumored to have been a substitute for the phrase "in the garden of Eden," and misinterpreted due to Ingle's inebriated state as well as because of communication problems between headphones in the recording studio, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" juggles tension and excess to high-wire-thrilling degrees. Yes, it contains what many consider an unnecessary drum solo, but akin to the extended duration of the song, the percussive break belongs and remains part of the charm. Not to mention a lasting piece of pop-culture phenomena.

In a year that also saw the release of Electric Ladyland, Beggars Banquet, The Beatles, Astral Weeks, Cheap Thrills, Music from Big Pink, and The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida became Atlantic Records' biggest-ever-selling album (at that point) and spent 140 weeks on the album chart – 81 of them in the Top 10. A severely edited version of the title track rose as far as #30 on the singles chart. It has been subsequently referenced in everything from "The Simpsons" to "Seinfeld" to "Home Improvement."

Alas, too bad everyone then didn't have the pleasure or opportunity to take it all in via a truly immersive, surreal-sounding SACD reissue. Fortunately, you do.

Enlace al comentario

• 2 weeks later...

Se acaba de anunciar nuevo disco de Pearl Jam "Gigaton". Será lanzado el 27 de Marzo.

Mas info en el sitio oficial: https://pearljam.com/

Mis ventas: CDs en Promoción

También estoy en: @Last.fm | @Spotify | @Twitter

Enlace al comentario

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.pinkfloydz.com/nick-masons-saucerful-of-secrets-live-at-the-roundhouse-dvd-blu-ray/

[IMG]

Nick Mason’s SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS: Live at the Roundhouse

Unlike any other concert film connected with Pink Floyd, Saucerful of Secrets: Live at the Roundhouse is the nearest thing you can get to a time machine, transporting you back to the very earliest days of the band! Nick Mason, the only member of the band to have played on all of Pink Floyd’s studio albums, returns to the group’s earliest records, giving fans a “Thrilling” (Daily Telegraph) and “Electrifying” (Forbes) performance. Captured at London’s Roundhouse where Pink Floyd played some of their most revered early shows in the 1960s, the film features a uniquely thrilling set list including songs hailing from Syd Barrett’s time with the band. Only four songs in this eclectic roster have ever previously appeared on official live releases by Pink Floyd or its members. Everything else is being experienced for the first time since their original live performances. This theatrical event also includes an – exclusive to cinemas – Q&A with Nick Mason and the band where they will answer questions submitted by fans. Not rated. 125 minutes including cinema exclusive content.

[IMG]

Enlace al comentario

NICK MASON’S SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS ANNOUNCE LIVE AT THE ROUNDHOUSE OUT APRIL 17

22-TRACK COLLECTION FEATURES ALL-NEW PERFORMANCES OF EARLY PINK FLOYD CLASSICS

DOUBLE CD/DVD, DOUBLE VINYL, AND BLU-RAY PACKAGES

AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER NOW

CONCERT FILM TO SCREEN AT THEATERS FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY

1. "Beginnings"
  2. Interstellar Overdrive
  3. Astronomy Domine
  4. Lucifer Sam
  5. Fearless
  6. Obscured by Clouds
  7. When You're In
  8. Remember A Day
  9. Arnold Layne
  10. Vegetable Man
  11. If
  12. Atom Heart Mother
  13. The Nile Song
  14. Green Is The Colour
  15. Let There Be More Light
  16. Childhood's End
  17. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
  18. See Emily Play
  19. Bike
  20. One Of These Days
  21. A Saucerful Of Secrets
  22. Point Me At The Sky
Enlace al comentario

https://www.supergrass.com/browse/supergrass1234/products/supergrass-the-strange-ones-1994-2008-super-deluxe-box-set

[IMG]

SIGNED BAND PHOTO, EXCLUSIVE TO THIS STORE WITH BOX SET PRE-ORDER. LIMITED QUANTITY ONLY

This comprehensive box set, marking the 25th anniversary of the I Should Coco album, is a celebration of Supergrass’ incredible career. It contains their 6 original albums on picture disc LP and CD, bonus CDs of unreleased live material, B-sides, remixes, rarities, studio out-takes, demos, acoustic versions, oddities, new mixes, a deluxe book, posters and button badges. Features over 6 hours of previously unreleased audio material.

2-part, rigid, 12" x 12” x 3" box, matte laminate outer finish with hot foil cover text, containing:

6 LPs
- 6 x original albums as picture discs: I SHOULD COCO (UK #1, 1995) / IN IT FOR THE MONEY (UK #2, 1997) / SUPERGRASS (UK #3, 1999) / LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS (UK #9, 2002) / ROAD TO ROUEN (UK #9, 2005) / DIAMOND HOO HA (UK #19, 2008)

13 CDs
- 1 x 6CD set - All 6 original studio albums in new digipack
- 1 x 4CD set - Live (5 hours of previously unreleased, career-spanning performances: radio sessions, full live shows and acoustic sets)
- 1 x 2CD set - Remixes, B-sides, acoustic versions and other rarities
- 1 x 1CD set - Demos, out-takes and oddities (all previously unreleased)

7” single
- Caught By The Fuzz / Richard III 2020 Remixes

Book
- 12” sq, 52 pages. Story of each album, written by separate journalists: Everett True, Charles Shaar Murray, Sylvia Patterson, Andrew Male, Adam Sweeting and Paul Moody. Quotes from new band interviews with Matt Everitt. Unseen photos and memorabilia.

Colour posters x 4

Supergrass is 10 - button badges x 8

Enlace al comentario

La próxima edición de lujo de Marillion...el glorioso Script , en su tienda favorita el próximo 3 de abril y ya disponible para pre orden (yo ya anotado )a6334a0104cf2e366f2efaa7000049b1.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Full digital

Enlace al comentario

• 2 weeks later...
Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble have announced that they’ll release a new prog album titled The Red Planet later this year.

The keyboard wizard is joined in the lineup by guitarist Dave Colquhoun, bassist Lee Pomeroy and drummer Ash Soan and it'll take the form of “a keyboard heavy” prog rock instrumental album.

who confirmed he was working on a prog album in January says on his website: “The basic tracks are already recorded and that includes contributions from the musicians named above and I am thrilled with the results so far. 

“I still have a lot to add to each track and that will be done throughout this month before Erik Jordan starts his task of mixing it all so it ends up sounding like it should!

“There are great plans afoot for a very special playback session and other surprises too. It’s been great fun getting back to prog and I think the period away from recording such an album has contributed greatly to making The Red Planet sound extremely fresh.”

Wakeman adds: “The album is very much taking up all my time for the coming weeks, hence no other appearances anywhere or trip away, but they will soon start appearing once the album is delivered.”

Asked about the expectations of prog fans who are hoping to see the “prog fader turned up to 11,” Wakeman replies: “That could be a problem as it's already at 14!”

The Red Planet will be released on LP and CD, with the first 1000 vinyl units pressed on 180g red double vinyl, which will be signed and numbered and presented in a ‘pop-up’ cover.

The first 2000 CDs will also be autographed and numbered and feature their own ‘pop-up’ cover.

In addition, there will also be a playback event at the National Space Centre in Leicester on April 4 from 6pm. Only 150 fans will have the chance to attend, with each ticket coming with a “bag of goodies, signed event programme and signed CD/DVD.”

missing-image.svg
Enlace al comentario

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-permanent-waves-reissue/

Rush will release a 40th-anniversary box set dedicated to their 1980 breakthrough album Permanent Waves.

While there's no official announcement yet, listings for two-CD and three-LP Deluxe Editions, and well as a Super Deluxe Edition have appeared on Amazon with a release date of March 27. In addition to a remaster of the original album that was made in 2015 at Abbey Road Studios, the collection will add unreleased live cuts from the tour in support of the album and a 20-page book comprised of photos from the band's archive and re-imagined artwork by Hugh Syme. The track listing is below.

The vinyl edition features the original packaging and a new gatefold jacket for the two LPs of live content.

The Super Deluxe Edition contains both the CDs and vinyl formats, and adds a 12,000-word essay and 20 pages to the book found in the Deluxe Edition. Bonus content includes a 20-page notepad using the letterhead from Morin Heights, Quebec's Le Studio, where the album was recorded; two replica tour programs (the official as well as the unofficial U.K.-only The Words & Pictures Volume II); backstage laminates; a double-sided poster and lyrics to three songs (“The Spirit of Radio,” “Entre Nous” and “Natural Science") handwritten by drummer Neil Peart.

You can listen to a live version of "The Spirit of Radio" from the set below.

The Rush Is a Band fan site believes that the reason there is no 5.1 surround sound mix on Blu-ray, as there was when 1978's Hemispheres got a similar treatment a few years ago, is because the original masters were lost when Trident Studios, where Permanent Waves was mixed, went out of business.

"I just don't think we have the masters for that record," guitarist Alex Lifeson told Metal Express Radio said. "That is typical of those days. Your recordings would stay at the studio where you last worked. You'd get home and the master tapes would go to be mastered, and then the record was released and they would keep your masters as it was safer that way. When we did Permanent Waves, Trident kept the masters, but they went bankrupt and everything disappeared, so we don't have the multi-track masters for that one."

Rush, 'Permanent Waves' 40th Anniversary Track Listing

Disc 1
1. "The Spirit of Radio"
2. "Freewill"
3. "Jacob's Ladder"
4. "Entre Nous"
5. "Different Strings"
6. "Natural Science"

Disc 2
1. "Beneath, Between & Behind" (Live in Manchester)
2." By-Tor & the Snow Dog" (Live in London)
3. "Xanadu" (Live in London)
4. "The Spirit of Radio" (Live in Manchester)
5. "Natural Science" (Live in Manchester)
6. "The Trees" (Live in Manchester)
7. "Cygnus X-1" (Live in London)
8. "Cygnus X-1 Book II" (Live in London)
9. "Closer to the Heart" (Live in Manchester)
10. "Jacob's Ladder" (Live in Missouri)
11. "Freewill" (Live in London)

Enlace al comentario

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.loudersound.com/news/doors-legend-robbie-krieger-to-release-first-solo-album-in-10-years?fbclid=IwAR2Y8OzhK3dEpGDsTih9nIHQv-ycqnHUDnduJ-FblqEPuL36WqAxzLcax_w

Doors guitarist Robbie Krieger has announced his first solo album in a decade. The Ritual Begins At Sundown will be released on The Players Club, a division of the Mascot Label Group, on April 24. 

The Ritual Begins At Sundown was written with Frank  Zappa’s old bandleader and bassist Arthur Barrow, and reflects Krieger's longtime love of jazz

"When I wrote songs for The Doors, it was always the music first," says Krieger. "I think you have to have some musical ability to really understand Jazz, when I was young I didn’t really understand it, it took me a while. 

"I was going to the clubs with John Densmore - before The Doors - to really get an appreciation of Jazz. We used to go see Wes Montgomery, Roland Kirk, Miles Davis, stuff like that. At first I didn’t really get it, but after a while it sank in and I always loved it after that."

Krieger has also released the first song from the album, The Drift.

Appearing alongside Krieger and Barrow on the album are former Zappa band members Jock Ellis (Trombone), Sal Marquez (Trumpet) and Tommy Mars (Keys), AeB Bryne (Flute), Vince Denim (Sax), Chuck Manning (Sax), Joel Wackerman (Drums) and Joel Taylor (Drums).

Recorded at Krieger's Horse Latitudes Studio in Los Angeles, the album features nine originals and one cover, Zappa's own Chunga’s Revenge.

"After The Doors I started becoming interested in Jazz and started hanging out with a guy called Sal Marquez,” says Krieger. “So we put this band together and that was the first Robby Krieger band and we played at the Whiskey A-Go-Go with Don Preston, Zappa’s keyboard player. 

"Arthur Barrow, who was a huge Zappa fan -  this was before he worked with Frank - he decided that, after graduating from North Texas State music school that he was gonna come out to LA and try to get into Frank’s band, which was pretty brash of him. 

“He started hanging out with Don and with Zappa, Don was in my band so we decided to put Arthur in charge of the mixing at the Whiskey for our shows, that’s when I first met him in the 70s."

The Ritual Begins At Sundown is released on April 24.

The Ritual Begins At Sundown tracklist

1. What Was That?
2. Slide Home
3. The Drift
4. Chunga's Revenge
5. Hot Head
6. Yes, The River Knows
7. The Hitch
8. Dr Noir
9. Bianca's Dream
10. Screen Junkie

Robbie Krieger - The Ritual Begins At Sundown

Enlace al comentario

WHOOSH!
Deep Purple's 21st studio album is going to be released on June 12th, 2020.

"Whoosh!" will be available as Limited CD+DVD Mediabook, 2LP+DVD Edition, Limited Box Set and Digital Version - putting the Deep back into Purple!

Read more here: www.deeppurple-whoosh.com

La imagen puede contener: posible texto que dice "DEEF FURFLE"

Enlace al comentario

Just announced: LONDON TO VEGAS

Limited edition Blu Ray/DVD/Digital release features two spectacular concert films: Hysteria At The O2 and Hits Vegas, Live At Planet Hollywood.

Pre-order your films + bundle sets now!

DEF LEPPARD - LONDON TO VEGAS IS A LIMITED-EDITION 6 DISC 10” DELUXE BOXSET; PACKAGED WITH TWO CONCERT FILMS, 4 CD’S AND A 40 PAGE HARD-BACK BOOK.

FILMED IN DECEMBER 2018, HYSTERIA AT THE O2 CAPTURES DEF LEPPARD CELEBRATING THE GROUND-BREAKING HYSTERIA, ONE OF THEIR TWO DIAMOND-CERTIFIED 10X PLATINUM ALBUMS (THE OTHER BEING PYROMANIA). PERFORMED IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE A RAVENOUS SOLD-OUT CROWD, THIS MOMENTOUS HOMECOMING EVENT IS MADE ALL THE MORE POWERFUL AS IT WAS THEIR LONG-AWAITED DEBUT AT THE ICONIC O2 ARENA IN LONDON. FEATURING ELECTRIFYING PERFORMANCES OF “POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME,” “ANIMAL,” “WOMEN,” AND “LOVE BITES,” BAND MEMBERS JOE ELLIOTT (VOCALS), PHIL COLLEN (GUITAR), RICK “SAV” SAVAGE (BASS), VIVIAN CAMPBELL (GUITAR), AND RICK ALLEN (DRUMS), CONCLUDE THE SET WITH A HOST OF EXTRA HITS INCLUDING “LET’S GET ROCKED,” “WHEN LOVE AND HATE COLLIDE,” AND “PHOTOGRAPH.”

SIX MONTHS LATER, JUST AFTER THEIR INDUCTION IN THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME, DEF LEPPARD UNDERTOOK A RESIDENCY IN LAS VEGAS AT ZAPPOS THEATRE IN PLANET HOLLYWOOD. HITS VEGAS, LIVE AT PLANET HOLLYWOOD IS A 28-SONG DEEP DIVE INTO NOT ONLY THEIR GREATEST HITS, BUT RARITIES SUCH AS “TOO LATE FOR LOVE,” “BILLY’S GOT A GUN,” AND “SLANG,” AND “PROMISES.” HIGHLIGHTING DEF LEPPARD’S VERSATILITY, HITS VEGAS PRESENTS A LIVEWIRE STAGE SHOW WITH TWO STAGES AND VIDEO WALLS, PUNCTUATED WITH INTIMATE, ACOUSTIC RENDITIONS OF RARELY PERFORMED SONGS “LET ME BE THE ONE,” “WE BELONG,” “HAVE YOU EVER NEEDED SOMEONE SO BAD,” AND “TWO STEPS BEHIND.”

HITS VEGAS OFFERS A BEHIND-THE-SCENES BONUS FEATURE, WHILE HYSTERIA AT THE O2 IS ROUNDED OUT WITH THE BONUS “HYSTERIA: THEN AND NOW” MINI-DOCUMENTARY. AS A WHOLE, DEF LEPPARD: LONDON TO VEGAS ENCAPSULATES THE PRESTIGE OF ONE OF ROCK’S MOST ICONIC BANDS.

TRACKS
HITS VEGAS, LIVE AT PLANET HOLLYWOOD

1 DIE HARD THE HUNTER
2 ANIMAL
3 EXCITABLE
4 FOOLIN'
5 TOO LATE FOR LOVE
6 BILLY'S GOT A GUN
7 SLANG
8 PROMISES
9 PAPER SUN
10 LET IT GO
11 MIRROR, MIRROR (LOOK INTO MY EYES)
12 BRINGIN' ON THE HEARTBREAK
13 SWITCH 625
14 LET ME BE THE ONE
15 WE BELONG
16 HAVE YOU EVER NEEDED SOMEONE SO BAD
17 TWO STEPS BEHIND
18 NOW
19 ROCKET
20 LET'S GET ROCKED
21 HYSTERIA
22 LOVE BITES
23 ARMAGEDDON IT
24 POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
25 ACTION
26 LET'S GO
27 ROCK OF AGES
28 PHOTOGRAPH

TRACKS
HYSTERIA AT THE O2

1 INTRO
2 WOMEN
3 ROCKET
4 ANIMAL
5 LOVE BITES
6 POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME
7 ARMAGEDDON IT
8 STEPHEN CLARK TRIBUTE
9 GODS OF WAR
10 DON'T SHOOT SHOTGUN
11 RUN RIOT
12 HYSTERIA
13 EXCITABLE
14 LOVE AND AFFECTION
15 ENCORE
16 WASTED
17 WHEN LOVE AND HATE COLLIDE
18 LET'S GET ROCKED
19 ROCK OF AGES
20 PHOTOGRAPH

[IMG]

Enlace al comentario

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/renaissance-turn-of-the-cards-3cd-1dvd-remastered-expanded-boxset-edition/?fbclid=IwAR0vdatYDmH9kvHj98Uzn9jCphoSD4np3Kkub8S1qy5hAoewyzZq2md8dpo

• A NEW EXPANDED 4 DISC (3CD / 1 DVD) CLAMSHELL BOX SET OF THE LEGENDARY 1974 ALBUM BY RENAISSANCE, “TURN OF THE CARDS”
• FEATURING TWENTY BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM A NEWLY MIXED CONCERT PERFORMANCE AT THE ACADEMY OF MUSIC IN NEW YORK IN MAY 1974, A NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX OF THE ALBUM & PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED MATERIAL
• INCLUDES AN ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET WITH NEW ESSAY FEATURING INTERVIEWS WITH ANNIE HASLAM, TERRY SULLIVAN AND JON CAMP

Esoteric Recordings America is pleased to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded four-disc clamshell box edition of the classic album, TURN OF THE CARDS by RENAISSANCE. Released in 1974, the album was an artistic triumph and heralded the band’s commercial breakthrough in the United States.

Featuring highly gifted vocalist Annie Haslam, Michael Dunford (acoustic guitars), John Tout (keyboards, vocals), Jon Camp (bass, vocals) and Terry Sullivan (drums, percussion), TURN OF THE CARDS was recorded in March 1974 at De Lane Lea studios in Wembley, North London and featured the band incorporating symphonic orchestral arrangements into their material extensively on classic pieces such as ‘Running Hard’, ‘Things I Don’t Understand’ and ‘Mother Russia’. The album would also feature the evocative ‘Cold is Being’ and the celebrated ‘Black Flame’ which would result in TURN OF THE CARDS being praised as one of the finest works by Renaissance.

This expanded edition has been newly re-mastered from the original master tapes and also features an entire concert at The Academy of Music in New York City on 17th May 1974 (with a 24-piece orchestra) over two bonus CDs which has been newly mixed from the original 16-track master tapes, including live versions of songs from the album, along with classics such as ‘Can You Understand’, ‘Carpet of the Sun’, ‘Prologue’ and a 25 minute version of ‘Ashes Are Burning’ featuring guest ANDY POWELL (of WISHBONE ASH) on lead guitar. The fourth disc is a DVD (NTSC / Region Free) which features a new 5.1 Surround sound and high-resolution stereo mix of TURN OF THE CARDS.

The set also includes the previously unreleased song ‘Everybody Needs a Friend’, recorded during the sessions for the album and the rare single edit of ‘Mother Russia’. The release also features an illustrated booklet with a new essay featuring interviews with Annie Haslam, Terry Sullivan and Jon Camp.

TRACK LISTING

DISC ONE: CD

TURN OF THE CARDS RE-MASTERED

1. RUNNING HARD
2. I THINK OF YOU
3. THINGS I DON’T UNDERSTAND
4. BLACK FLAME
5. COLD IS BEING
6. MOTHER RUSSIA
BONUS TRACKS
7. EVERYBODY NEEDS A FRIEND
(PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)

RECORDED AT DE LANE LEA STUDIOS,
WEMBLEY ON 23RD MARCH 1974

8. MOTHER RUSSIA (SINGLE EDIT) (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
9. THINGS I DON’T UNDERSTAND
(NEW STEREO MIX)
10. BLACK FLAME (NEW STEREO MIX)
11. MOTHER RUSSIA (NEW STEREO MIX)

DISC TWO: CD

LIVE AT THE ACADEMY OF MUSIC, NYC 17TH MAY 1974

1. CAN YOU UNDERSTAND (LIVE 1974)
2. BLACK FLAME (LIVE 1974)
3. CARPET OF THE SUN (LIVE 1974)
4. COLD IS BEING (LIVE 1974)
5. THINGS I DON’T UNDERSTAND
(LIVE 1974)