Saltar al contenido
Pegar imágenes en el foro, mediante equipos móviles ×

videos old school

funkyto

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Rhapsody

"Bohemian Rhapsody" is a song by the British rock band Queen. It was written by Freddie Mercury for the band's 1975 studio album A Night at the Opera. It is a six-minute suite,[1] consisting of several sections without a chorus: an intro, a ballad segment, an operatic passage, a hard rock part and a reflective coda.[2] The song is a more accessible take on the 1970s progressive rock genre.[3] It was reportedly the most expensive single ever made at the time of its release, though the exact cost of production cannot be determined.[4]

When it was released as a single, "Bohemian Rhapsody" became a commercial success, staying at the top of the UK Singles Chart for nine weeks and selling more than a million copies by the end of January 1976.[5] It reached number one again in 1991 for another five weeks when the same version was re-released,[6] eventually becoming the UK's third-best-selling single of all time.[7] It topped the charts in several other markets as well, including Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and The Netherlands, later becoming one of the best-selling singles of all time. In the United States the song originally peaked at number nine in 1976. It returned to the chart at number two in 1992 following its appearance in the film Wayne's World, which revived its American popularity.

Although critical reaction was initially mixed, "Bohemian Rhapsody" remains one of Queen's most popular songs and is frequently placed on modern lists of the greatest songs of all time. The single was accompanied by a promotional video, which many scholars consider ground-breaking.[8]Rolling Stone magazine states: "Its influence cannot be overstated, practically inventing the music video seven years before MTV went on the air."[9] In 2004, "Bohemian Rhapsody" was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.[10] In 2012, the song topped the list on an ITV nationwide poll in the UK to find "The Nation's Favourite Number One" over 60 years of music.[11]

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stairway_to_Heaven

"Stairway to Heaven" is a song by the English rock band Led Zeppelin, released in late 1971. It was composed by guitarist Jimmy Page and vocalist Robert Plant for the band's untitled fourth studio album (often called Led Zeppelin IV). It is often referred to as one of the greatest rock songs of all time.[1][2][3]

The song has three sections, each one progressively increasing in tempo and volume. The song begins in a slow tempo with acoustic instruments (guitar and recorders) before introducing electric instruments. The final section is an uptempo hard rock arrangement highlighted by Page's intricate guitar solo accompanying Plant's vocals that end with the plaintive a cappella line: "And she's buying a stairway to heaven."

"Stairway to Heaven" was voted number 3 in 2000 by VH1 on its list of the 100 Greatest Rock Songs,[4] and was placed at number 31 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time". It was the most requested song on FM radio stations in the United States in the 1970s, despite never having been commercially released as a single there.[5] In November 2007, through download sales promoting Led Zeppelin's Mothership release, "Stairway to Heaven" hit No. 37 on the UK Singles Chart.[6]

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Should_I_Stay_or_Should_I_Go

"Should I Stay or Should I Go" is a song by the English punk rock band the Clash, from their album Combat Rock. It was written in 1981 and featured Mick Jones on lead vocals. It became the band's only number-one single on the UK Singles Chart, a decade after it was originally released.[1] In November 2004, it was ranked at 228 on Rolling Stone "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time" list.[2] In 2009 it was ranked 42nd on VH1's program 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs.[3]

Many rumours have arisen about the song's content, such as Jones' impending dismissal from the Clash or the rocky personal relationship between Jones and singer Ellen Foley,[4] but Jones himself says:

It wasn't about anybody specific and it wasn't pre-empting my leaving The Clash. It was just a good rockin' song, our attempt at writing a classic... When we were just playing, that was the kind of thing we used to like to play. – Mick Jones, 1991[5]

The Spanish backing vocals were sung by Joe Strummer and Joe Ely:

On the spur of the moment I said 'I'm going to do the backing vocals in Spanish,' ... We needed a translator so Eddie Garcia, the tape operator, called his mother in Brooklyn Heights and read her the lyrics over the phone and she translated them. But Eddie and his mum are Ecuadorian, so it's Ecuadorian Spanish that me and Joe Ely are singing on the backing vocals. – Joe Strummer, 1991[6]

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_House_%28Madness_song%29

"Our House" is a song by English ska and pop band Madness. It was released as the lead single from their fourth studio album, The Rise & Fall, on 12 November 1982. The song charted within the top ten in multiple countries and won Best Pop Song at the May 1983 Ivor Novello Awards.[3]

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_Runaway

"Run Runaway" is a hard rock song performed by the English band Slade. The song was written by Jim Lea and Noddy Holder and was on their 1983 album The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome. It reached No. 7 in the UK Singles Chart,[1] and proved to be the band's last U.K. Top 10 hit single.

The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome album was released in 1984 in the United States with a different track listing under the title Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply. That same year, the single "Run Runaway" became the band's biggest American hit, benefiting from heavy play on MTV, peaking at No. 20 and spending a total of eight weeks on the Billboard Hot 100's Top 40. It was also number one for two weeks on the Billboard Top Tracks chart.[2]

The single was included on Canada's official 'Top 100 Singles of 1984' chart, where Run Runaway peaked at No. 84.

The melody is inspired by the hymn "There Is a Happy Land." Holder himself summed the song up as "a rocky Scottish jig."

Dave Thompson, from allmusic described the song as "building on the anthemic power of the earlier "My Oh My" - itself their biggest U.K. single in nine years - "Run Runaway" is raucous chanting, swirling guitars, wild violin, and even a taste of heavy metal bagpipes, helped along by a drum sound that is pure early '80s."

After being asked for his favourite Slade song, vocalist Noddy Holder replied that although "Far Far Away" was his favourite, hearing "Run Runaway" on the radio a few days before the interview really knocked him out.[3][4]

For the September–December 1986 Slade fan club magazine, Lea was interviewed and was asked to share where he was when he wrote various Slade tracks. For "Run Runaway," Lea stated it was written whilst he was holding a conversation with someone.

In a mid-1989 Slade fan club magazine interview, Don Powell was asked if there was a Slade track that he felt was one of the band's best efforts on record. Powell replied stated that "Standin' On The Corner" from the 1975 album Slade in Flame was a favourite. Powell also stated "The 12" version of Run Runaway, I liked doing that one as well."[5][6]

In the September–December 1986 Slade fan club magazine, the poll results were announced for the 1986 opinion poll based on Slade’s material. For the best single of the 80s, "Run Runaway" placed at No. 2.

The song is played frequently at UMass-Amherst basketball games.

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roll_the_Bones

Roll the Bones is the fourteenth studio album by Canadian rock band Rush, released in 1991. It was recorded at Le Studio in Morin-Heights, Quebec and McClear Place in Toronto, Ontario with Rupert Hine returning as producer. The album won the 1992 Juno Award for best album cover design. Roll the Bones became Rush's first US Top 5 album since 1981's Moving Pictures, peaking at #3 on the Billboard 200. It also achieved an RIAA certification of platinum, the latest Rush album to date to do so. The album was remastered and re-released in 2004 as part of the Atlantic Records "Rush Remasters" series.[5] In 2013, it was remastered and re-released, this time as part of the box set The Studio Albums 1989-2007.[6]

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

nada como un buen funk pop disco para empezar el dia, chao rock jaja

estos temas movian las discos alla por el 79 al 82 en chile, la musica llegaba muy atrasada, la radio concierto la llevaba en la parte tops y bailable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_Funk

Cartel

Enlace al comentario

Instant Funk came out of Trenton, New Jersey consisting of Raymond Earl, Scotty Miller and guitarist Kim Miller. The group was then called The Music Machine and they were very successful as a back-up band for The Manhattans, Bunny Sigler and also the TNJs. Throughout their careers, Instant Funk would be the back-up band for many stars, including Lou Rawls, Loleatta Holloway, The O'Jays, MFSB, Curtis Mayfield and Evelyn Champagne King (they are the backing band on the hit single, "Shame").

The group relocated to Philadelphia in 1976 to release its first album, Get Down With the Philly Jump, as they started to formulate their own sound. The group followed this album up with a release for former MFSB guitarist Norman Harris' new record label Gold Mind, with front man Bunny Sigler entitled "Let Me Party With You".

The Gold Mind label folded, and Instant Funk's new cut "I Got My Mind Made Up" was transferred to the Salsoul label, which pushed the record heavily to all of the disco clubs. The remix of this song by club DJ Larry Levan and engineer Bob Blank quickly became the talk of Manhattan. "I Got My Mind Made Up" hit #1 on both the R&B and disco charts and #20 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the spring of 1979. The group's eponymous first album on Salsoul was also a hit, reaching #1 R&B and being certified gold disc status.

Instant Funk initially stayed together to tour when Salsoul folded. They eventually disbanded, and Bunny Sigler went on to perform as part of The Trammps.

Instant Funk collaborated and released a music video "I'm Your Reflection" in 2013 with new R & B / Soul / Jazz artist Soul Artist, Shantel bio update to follow later.

Cartel

Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_Control_%28Raf_song%29#Laura_Branigan_version

"Self Control" is a song by Italian singer Raf, released in 1984. It was written by Giancarlo Bigazzi, Steve Piccolo and Raf. The song was covered the same year by American singer Laura Branigan. Her version first hit no. 1 in Germany on June 15, 1984. Raf's version first hit no. 1 in Italy on June 23, 1984. Both versions of the song were popular across Europe during much of the summer of 1984 and were the most successful single of the year in Switzerland. Branigan's version peaked at no. 4 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and also went to no. 2 on the dance chart.[3]

The song has become one of the defining songs of the 1980s, with a number of remakes recorded each year. Notable covers include Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin in 1993, a hit dance remake by Branigan in 2004 and two 2006 versions that hit the Top 5 in various European enclaves, by Danish dance group Infernal and Spanish singer Soraya Arnelas.

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%28I'll_Never_Be%29_Maria_Magdalena

"(I'll Never Be) Maria Magdalena", often known simply by the title "Maria Magdalena", is a Disco / Synthpop song by German singer Sandra. It was first released in March 1985 as the lead single from her debut album, The Long Play, and it was her first single to be released internationally. The song reached No. 1 on the official German Charts for four consecutive weeks between 13 September 1985 and 4 October 1985. A huge hit in Europe, it also peaked at No. 1 in the Netherlands, Israel, Sweden, Norway, and Switzerland; No. 3 in Italy; No. 5 in France; No. 2 in South Africa and No. 87 in the U.K. It was also a popular radio hit song in Brazil, Portugal, Spain, Greece and Yugoslavia.

The song was re-released in 1993 in a remixed version, and re-released again only in France as another remix in 1999, as a promotional single. The song was later sampled in her song "Kings & Queens" from her 2012 album Stay in Touch.

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

algo clasico, se le paso el ecualizador al editor

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_You_for_the_Music

«Thank You For The Music» (literalmente, Gracias por la música) es una canción y un sencillo que publicó el grupo sueco ABBA. Fue publicado en 1983.

La Canción[editar]

Fue escrita por Benny, Björn y Stig, y grabada el 21 de julio de 1977,1 en el Glenstudio en Stcoksund. La canción pertenece al mini-musical "The Girl With The Golden Hair".2 La protagonista canta que tiene un don musical, y que esta orgullosa de él y que esa será su herramienta para llegar a la cima. El tema está incluido en el disco The Album, como la pista número 7.

Aunque "Thank You For The Music" nunca fue lanzado oficialmente como sencillo, la canción era una de las más populares de ABBA, y fue incluida en su álbum recopilatorio Greatest Hits Vol. 2. Incluso su versión en español "Gracias por la música", es la que le dio nombre al LP de ABBA en español y se convirtió en un sencillo exitoso en México y Argentina.

En 1983, cuando se lanzó The Anniversary Collection, un box set que contenía todos los Sencillos de ABBA, se decidió sacar un nuevo para promocionar la venta del box set. Se decidió sacar "Than You For The Music", que anteriormente había sido lado B de "Eagle". El sencillo tuvo un poco de éxito en Europa y previamente, en 1977 había conseguido llegar al #2 en Sudáfrica y al #1 en Costa Rica. Posteriormente fue relanzada en 1992 en Alemania llegando al #55.

La canción forma parte actualmente del musical Mamma Mia!, basado en las canciones de ABBA. Comúnmente era interpretada por el grupo en sus tours de 1977, de 1979 y de 1980.

Cartel

Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Charming_Man

"This Charming Man" is a song by the English rock band the Smiths, written by guitarist Johnny Marr and singer/lyricist Morrissey. It was released as the group's second single in October 1983 on the independent record label Rough Trade. The song is defined by Marr's jangle pop guitar riff and Morrissey's characteristically morose lyrics, which revolve around the recurrent Smiths themes of sexual ambiguity and lust.[1]

Feeling detached from and unable to relate to the early 1980s mainstream gay culture, Morrissey wrote "This Charming Man" to evoke an older, more coded and self-aware underground scene. The singer explained of the song's lyrics, "I really like the idea of the male voice being quite vulnerable, of it being taken and slightly manipulated, rather than there being always this heavy machismo thing that just bores everybody."[2]

Although only moderately successful on first release—the single peaked at number 25 on the British singles chart, "This Charming Man" has been widely praised in both the music and mainstream press. The single was re-issued in 1992, reaching number 8 on the UK singles chart (making it the Smiths' biggest UK hit by chart position). In 2004, BBC Radio 2 listeners voted it number 97 on the station's "Sold on Song Top 100" poll.[3]Mojo magazine journalists placed the track at number 1 on their 2008 "50 Greatest UK Indie Records of All Time" feature.[2] It has also reached Silver status in the UK.[4]

• Upvote 1
Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_and_Servant

"Master and Servant" is Depeche Mode's eleventh UK single (released on 20 August 1984) and the second single from the Some Great Reward album. Despite controversy surrounding the song, it still managed to reach number 9 in the UK Singles Chart.[4] It also peaked at number 49 in the American dance chart[5] and at number 87 on the Billboard Hot 100.[5]

• Upvote 1
Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Spin_Me_Round_%28Like_a_Record%29

"You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" is a song by British band Dead or Alive on their 1985 album Youthquake. The song was the first UK number-one hit by the Stock Aitken Waterman production trio. Released in November 1984, the record reached number one in March 1985, taking 17 weeks to get there. On the US Billboard Hot 100, it peaked at no. 11 on 17 August of that year.[5] In 2015 the song was voted by the British public as the nation's 17th favourite 1980s number one in a poll for ITV.[6]

The video, which features a disco ball, waving gold flags and an evocation of the six-armed Vishnu, was directed by Vaughan Arnell and Anthea Benton.

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_Leave_Me_This_Way

"Don't Leave Me This Way" is a song written by Kenneth Gamble, Leon Huff and Cary Gilbert. First charting as a hit for Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, an act on Gamble & Huff's Philadelphia International label in 1975, "Don't Leave Me This Way" was later a huge disco hit for Motown artist Thelma Houston in 1977. The song was a major hit for British group The Communards in 1986.

Ignorance is bliss
Enlace al comentario