Saltar al contenido
Pegar imágenes en el foro, mediante equipos móviles ×

Limpiar Vinilos

Dr. Beat

Estimados:
Estuve leyendo el siguiente libro:[b] [/b][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][b][url="https://kindle.amazon.com/work/get-groove-beginners-century-ebook/B008A6V0KK/B008A6V0KK"]Get in the Groove: A Beginner's Guide to Vinyl in the 21st Century[/url][/b][/size][b] [/b][b]by Michael Waehner [/b]y en una sección describe como el hace la limpieza de vinilos. Quería compartir esta cita para los que no tienen ganas de gastarse un platal en un limpia disco automático. Además para abrir una discusión de las distintas formas de limpiar y para saber que les parece el método de nuestro amigo Michael. Lamentablemente esta sólo en inglés pero en este foro no creo que sea un problema. Saludos[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][b][font=Georgia][size=4]Cleaning Records[/size][/font][/b][color=#262626][font=Georgia][size=4] You’ve got your new records home, now it’stime to clean them. I can’t say this enough times: you should clean everyrecord before you play it. If you play a dirty record, you can do permanentdamage. A clean record is a happy listener. There are a couple levels ofcleaning, and I will approach them from smallest to largest. After any cleaningother than routine dusting, always put a record into a brand new sleeve.Whatever crud was on that record is also coating the inside of the old sleeve;often the sleeve has been deteriorating and causing some of the debris. Youwouldn’t put your work clothes back on after a shower, so don’t put a cleanrecord back into its filthy old sleeve. You can get new sleeves in bulk onlineor at your record store for pennies apiece; stock up and use one for every usedrecord you get. Routine Dusting: A record should be dusted every time you takeit out of its sleeve. This is a means of protection for the record and theneedle. To dust a record, you need a microfiber brush designed for it—these arereadily available online for about $25. You need microfiber because a recordgroove is fractions of a millimeter thick, and you’re trying to sweep dust fromboth the surface of the record and the bottom of the groove. To dust a record,switch your platter on and, without putting the needle on, apply your brushperpendicular to the grooves. Put on enough pressure to make full contact, butnot enough to stop your platter. After a pass or two over the whole surface,sweep off gently to the side. If you lift the brush up and off, you’ll probablyleave a line of dust behind. This process should also remove some staticelectricity, decreasing some background crackle. Dusting is very easy andshould simply become a part of your listening habit. Every time you flip to anew side, dust it. It takes a few seconds and improves your sound incredibly.[/size][/font][/color]

[b][color=#262626][font=Georgia][size=4]Simple Cleaning:[/size][/font][/color][/b][color=#262626][font=Georgia][size=4] Routine dusting is for records you havealready cleaned yourself. Simple cleaning is for any newly acquired usedrecord. Some advise cleaning brand new sealed records before their first play;I find that dusting is usually sufficient for new records. But a used record Ialways clean first. For simple cleaning on a budget, you need a kit; if you’rea more moneyed audiophile, you’ll probably get yourself a vacuum machine. Arecord cleaning kit consists of a record brush, a bottle of cleaning solutionand a stiff brush brush (that is, a brush that cleans the vinyl brush). Toclean a record, you turn on your platter without the needle like you did todust one. Put a bit of solution on one side of the record brush (the directionswill tell you how much) and apply that side to the record. After a revolutionor two, gently rotate the brush to the dry side to soak up the solution stillon the record (along with lots of dust and dirt). Use the stiff brush brush toget the dirt off the vinyl brush, and you’re done. Let it dry a moment beforeplaying it. Plenty of people advise you to play vinyl while it’s still wet toreduce surface noise. It’s bad advice: you’ll get less noise, but less soundquality as well, and you’ll damage the grooves. A vacuum machine works on thesame principle: it will have its own enclosure to spin the record, a brush thatwill clean the record, and a cleaning solution. The difference is that, insteadof wiping off the solution, a vacuum will suck the wetness and grime away,which gives a better clean. Such machines are far more effective than acleaning kit, and usually automatic, but they are much more expensive and spaceconsuming. After a cleaning, you should dust the record as well before playingit. The cleaning brush will leave some stuff behind that your duster canprotect you from. [/size][/font][/color]

[b][font=Georgia][size=4]Intense Cleaning:[/size][/font][/b][color=#262626][font=Georgia][size=4] In many cases a simple cleaning, whetherdone by hand or with a machine, barely touches the scum accumulated on yourrecord. This is no time to trust anyone but yourself. No machine in the worldcan match what you can do with a little elbow grease. The following techniquehas been culled and modified from various sources, primarily Michael Wayne’sarticle “The Most Comprehensive Record Cleaning Article Ever!” originallypublished in Michael Fremer’s analog magazine The Tracking Angle and nowavailable online at his excellent Analog Planet website. Consult the source ifyou’d like to see how the fussiest of audiophiles do it. My own method issomewhat more approachable. I start with a turntable and a spray bottle full ofhomemade record cleaning fluid. My recipe is 3 parts distilled water, 1 partisopropyl alcohol with a few drops of dishwashing detergent (make sure it’s thepure stuff, no additives). You may consult the Internet for a plenty morerecipes, though they all have pretty much the same ingredients. You wantdistilled water because regular water has minerals, which leaves residue. I puta bit of distilled water in a cup with a new, soft-bristled toothbrush. I startthe turntable spinning (stylus disabled, of course) and spray the record a fewtimes with cleaning solution. I then apply a bit of pressure with the wettoothbrush, starting from the inside of the record. All I’m trying to do withthe toothbrush is work up a lather—you might also get a little bit of dirt offon the brush, which is why it’s a good idea to rinse the toothbrush in the cupof water often. I pick up the toothbrush every time I intend to move it and putit straight back down. The less lateral motion on the part of the brush, theless risk of leaving scuffs. Once the entire record has been lathered with thetoothbrush (there should be bubbles on the surface), it’s time to switch tocotton pads. Most effective are the little cotton pads sold in drugstores forremoving makeup. You can use cotton balls, but you’ll have to use more of them.I take one cotton pad and apply it to the surface of the record, again startingon the inside. I let the record revolve a few times under it then pick it up.This is the step that really removes gunk: if you’re doing it right, you shouldsee a dark line on the pad. The line can be black, brown, yellow, what haveyou. I throw that pad away—you don’t want any chance of that scum getting backon the record. I use another (hey, they’re cheap) to do the next section. WhenI’m finished, I inspect the side, and 90% of the time I decide to repeat thewhole process. I can remove about 8 pads worth of crap off of one really dirtyside. Once I finish, I repeat with the other side, let it dry for a few hoursto be safe, dust it and play it. Again, some of the crud on your record willhave irreparably damaged it. But with this method you can see the resultsplainly, and you know you’ve gotten everything off when your cotton pads startcoming up empty. Plus the supplies cost you a couple bucks at a drugstore. [/size][/font][/color]

[b][color=#262626][font=Georgia][size=4]Cleaning the Stylus:[/size][/font][/color][/b][color=#262626][font=Georgia][size=4] Your stylus will accrue detritus as you playrecords. Some of it is dust and grime that has escaped your cleaning, and someis a slight residue of melted vinyl that builds up—never underestimate what theheat and pressure of a stylus does during playback. You can extend the life ofyour stylus and your records by cleaning the stylus often. Some people do itbetween every side; I do it every few sides because I’m not that patient. Everystylus cleaning kit has slightly different directions, so you should followthem, but here’s the basic overview. You should have a tiny bristled brush anda bottle of solution. You put a few drops of solution on the brush, carefullybrush the stylus a few times in a back to front motion, and rinse the brush.You should have a magnifying glass handy to examine your stylus. Cleaning is agood opportunity to examine the alignment of your stylus—if the cantilever hasbecome bent somehow, you’ll need to replace it quickly.[/size][/font][/color]

[/font][/color]
[font="arial, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]
[/color][/font]

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

Estimados vinileros, el método para el "Intense cleaning" se ve BBB y ya lo había leído en otras páginas de internet. El agua destilada se consigue en cualquier servicentro, el acohol isopropílico al parecer lo venden en casa royal, por litro y barato, y las gotas de lavaloza, bueno... en cualquier hogar descente hay.

La pregunta es, [b]¿con qué cepillo o escobilla se aplicaría la fórmula? [/b]

En algunos videos de youtube aplican con un cepillo de dientes pero no me da mucha confianza ya que los más suaves que he visto no los encuentra taaan suaves y además que la superficie del cepillo es muy chica, en varios discos estaría sus buenas horas -_-

¿alguna recomendación?

A todo esto, muy buen aporte Dr. Beat :buen_aporte:

Enlace al comentario

Como la semana pasada compré unos vinilos en el Bío-Bío que no estaban en las mejores condiciones de limpieza me decidí a utilizar la tecnica del Intense cleaning descrita acá.
El viernes me tuve que dar una vuelta por San Diego con Matta y aproveché de comprar el alcohol isopropílico en Ibarra ($1.700 los 500 cc).
Como no sabía bien que cepillo usar hice uso de la inventiva y opté por una solución barata comprando un borrador para pizarra acrílica ($890 en una librería en San Diego) que me dio bien buenos resultados.
Agua destilada no tenía en casa y me dio lata salir a comprar así que usé agua purificada Benedictino. De envase usé uno de shampoo que justo se acabó hoy.
La fórmula como se describe, 3/4 de agua destilada (purificada en mi caso), 1/4 de alcohol isopropílico y un pizca de lazalozas.

Como lugar de trabajo usé una mesa de centro, encima puse una bolsa plástica grande para que el líquido no pasara a la mesa y encima una toalla.

Costo total, $2.590 más el agua que ya tenía (unos $55 por los 300 cc que usé) y después de limpiar unos 10 discos todavía me queda 3/4 de botella del preparado más 2/3 del acohol :).

Acá unas fotos del proceso y los resultados:

El borrador para pizarra. La gracia es que por dentro tiene un bloque de plumavit y la tela eventualmente se le podría cambiar.

[img]http://pzuloaga.vtrbandaancha.net/Cleaning/Clean01.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pzuloaga.vtrbandaancha.net/Cleaning/Clean02.jpg[/img]

El disco con líquido, listo para resfregar

[img]http://pzuloaga.vtrbandaancha.net/Cleaning/Clean03.jpg[/img]

Resfregando en círculos, siguiendo los surcos del disco y girando el disco hasta dar varias vueltas

[img]http://pzuloaga.vtrbandaancha.net/Cleaning/Clean04.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pzuloaga.vtrbandaancha.net/Cleaning/Clean05.jpg[/img]

Resultado final una vez que se secó el disco, bastante aceptable en comparación a como estaba originalmente.

[img]http://pzuloaga.vtrbandaancha.net/Cleaning/Clean06.jpg[/img]

Enlace al comentario

muy buen trabajo..

Mi sala por acá: http://www.blu-ray.c...mber=peliculero

Mis Blu-Ray por acà: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=67172

Mi canal de videos : https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPeliculero?feature=mhee

Shawscope_2.gifimage.gif

"el cine es un invento sin futuro".Louis Lumiére 1895.

Enlace al comentario

Me tinco. Me queda Isopropilico, tengo agua destilada y lavalozas, solo me falta una esponja. Ubican esas para los zapatos? Creo que esa podria servir muy bien!

For the Movies: Sony KDL-40HX755 - Sony BDP-S360 + AQ Pearl HDMI + Monster THX i100 - Pioneer DV-383 - Philips HMP5000 - AppleTV + AOC HDMI - Panasonic PV-8450

For the Music: Q Acoustics 2050i + QED Revelation - NAD C326BEE + AQ RCA Jumpers - NAD M5 + Tara Labs RSC Prime M2 - NAD C545BEE + NAD D1050 + AQ G-Snake - Apple iPod Classic 5Gen 80 Gb & Apple iPod Classic 7Gen 160 Gb + NAD IPD-2 + AQ G-Snake - Sony MDS-JB940QS + Monster Optical - NAD C426 + Cambridge Audio 500 Series RCA - Technics RS-BX606 + 2x Monster 200i - Technics SL-1200MK2 + Ortofon 2M Red + Pro-Ject Phono Box S + Ecosse The Best Boy.

Enlace al comentario

Me regale por mi cumple el kit, para limpiar los vinilos la verdad quedaron bastante más limpios y su sonido notoriamente mejor, el agua que salió de la limpieza de 18 discos estaba bastante turbia.
El procedimiento es bastante sencillo, se usa agua destilada, hasta una marca que tiene el porta vinilos y tres tapas del líquido que viene en un frasco pequeño( no dice que contiene), esta mezcla da hasta para 50 vinilos, se gira tres veces el vinilo en sentido de las agujas del reloj y 3 en sentido contrario y a secar, bastante rápido y nada engorroso,luego paso una escobilla antiestatica; ahora estoy escuchando y realmente suenan bien.
Subiré luego más fotos.
Saludos.

[url=http://subefotos.com/ver/?0779142ac786fa1c3c375b42dbc80f47o.jpg] [img]http://thumbs.subefotos.com/0779142ac786fa1c3c375b42dbc80f47o.jpg[/img][/url]

Editado por Pacman67
Enlace al comentario

[quote name='Pacman67' date='18 October 2012 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1350597223' post='161319']
Me regale por mi cumple el kit, para limpiar los vinilos la verdad quedaron bastante más limpios y su sonido notoriamente mejor, el agua que salió de la limpieza de 18 discos estaba bastante turbia.
El procedimiento es bastante sencillo, se usa agua destilada, hasta una marca que tiene el porta vinilos y tres tapas del líquido que viene en un frasco pequeño( no dice que contiene), esta mezcla da hasta para 50 vinilos, se gira tres veces el vinilo en sentido de las agujas del reloj y 3 en sentido contrario y a secar, bastante rápido y nada engorroso,luego paso una escobilla antiestatica; ahora estoy escuchando y realmente suenan bien.
Subiré luego más fotos.
Saludos.

[url=http://subefotos.com/ver/?0779142ac786fa1c3c375b42dbc80f47o.jpg] [img]http://thumbs.subefotos.com/0779142ac786fa1c3c375b42dbc80f47o.jpg[/img][/url]
[/quote]

aun esperamos las fotos...

Enlace al comentario

[quote name='Nitobag' date='19 October 2012 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1350662839' post='161434']
Que buena!!! Cuenta mas, donde se compra, costos... Y esperamos fotos
[/quote]

Hace unos meses lo vi en futuroprimitivo.cl
Ahora la pagina esta abajo....POR VACACIONES!!!! :mellow:

"Seven are your burning fires, seven your desires..."

Enlace al comentario

Si hablamos de limpieza sin maquina, algunos tips para que los consideren:

Ojo que la cara a) luego de limpia debe emplazarse en una superficie limpia, si no la mugre del lado B) se le impregnara

En vez de Benedictino ... debería ser destilada ...

En vez de lavalozas o shampoo vayan a alguna casa fotográfica y compren el componente que sirve para lavar el negativo cuando uno hace el proceso de revelado en casa, se supone que sus componentes son menos agresivos.

Todos los elementos a utilizar deben estar muy limpios, deben limpiar a la vez con una pequeña escobilla el elemento que usan para limpiar el disco.

Deben tener algún elemento tipo secaplatos para poner los vinilos a secar una vez aplicado el liquido, como no se usa maquina aquí no existe el aspirado

Cuando un disco esta muy sucio, deben limpiarlo mas de una vez, ya que se produce barro en los surcos que luego se pega en la capsula

Recuerden una vez limpio el vinilo, no lo deben colocar en su bolsa interna original, deben comprar una nueva en lo posible antiestatica, ya que si el vinilo estaba sucio lo mas probable que su bolsa interna también lo este.

Deben colocar el vinilo en una bolsa externa, en lo posible resellable para que el polvo no se cuele nuevamente.

En mi experiencia nada se compara a una buena maquina limpiadora, los resultados son absolutamente mejores. Pero si no se puede hay que hacerlo manual, ojo que con mucho cuidado y cariño se logra muy bien.

Slds

Enlace al comentario